IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

My bad. Here's the post.

He

So in his mind the only thing he did wrong was agree to port the game, not defend them after they were exposed and do softball interviews. Plus everyone who was involved in exposing them is apparently part of a lynch mob mentality by demanding accountability.

He says multiple times they had nothing to do with the hardware side but he never once says he knew nothing of the lies. I feel like its just clever spin BS

Not really joking, I've considered it before. And I'd definitely want the audio be higher quality than two people talking over Skype.

..Al

Sometimes I sit in on my friend's podcast (RetroBlast). He has a PC, and launches Audacity. I have a Mac, and launch Garage Band. We connect over Skype, then each hit "record" on our respective recording programs, then clap three times so we can sync it up later. Talk for a while, then clap again. I export my half to a high-quality (193 kbps) MP3 file, and put it on my web server for him to download. He gets it, and imports it into his audacity project as a new track. Lines up the claps, and done. I think it's actually better than recording in person, because his mic isn't picking up my voice, and mine isn't picking up his. Makes it easier to edit stuff out if needed.

• Like 2

If you don't have a daily radio show, podcast, or YouTube channel, you are a worthless human being and should probably be turned into canned ham.

That includes kids, too. There's an unwritten law that says that every kid eventually has to make at least one YouTube video of themselves playing Minecraft.

• Like 6

He says multiple times they had nothing to do with the hardware side but he never once says he knew nothing of the lies. I feel like its just clever spin BS

After the apology posted in this thread

post-34727-0-24406200-1456966825_thumb.jpg

then after several uninformed people (more like fanboys) posted in support for him, because clearly everyone here was so rude to him

post-34727-0-32736700-1456966827_thumb.jpg

judge yourself

• Like 3

Acorn Computer had one week to pull together a prototype of the system that would become the BBC Micro from a concept design, otherwise the BBC would have pulled its funding for the computer's development. Acorn succeeded, just barely, and met the deadline for the prototype inspection. Conceivably, with experienced and talented engineers working day and night with a clear goal, the Retro VGS team could meet Coleco Holdings deadline. However, given what we have seen so far, it seems incredibly unlikely that the deadline will be met with whatever hardware guy or guys Mike Kennedy is employing.

It seems like almost everybody who has or had any connection to the Retro VGS or Coleco Chameleon has either disassociated or distanced themselves from it. Kevin Horton/kevtris, John Carlsen, RetroGamingRoundup, Piko Interactive, CollectorVision, gamester81/John Lester, Jag Bar. The editor of Retro has resigned and even Coleco Holdings is demanding an inspection of the "prototype". Sites like Gamestop and Endgadget are reporting on the controversy. Everybody except the core Retro VGS team has seemed to have jumped off the sinking ship as of this writing.

Having shown a willingness to use deceit (multiple fake prototypes) and intimidation (ReviewTechUSA YouTube strike threat) to get his way, perhaps Mike Kennedy should have his toys taken away from him. He has three of any note, the Jaguar shell molds, Retro magazine and Game Gavel auctions. Should the community organize a boycott of his existing sources of revenue in order to force him to give up his poisonous attempts to con the community out of its money? Or can one separate the indisputably bad from the arguably good even though both are controlled by the same man?

• Like 4

After the apology posted in this thread

attachicon.gifBS 1.jpg

then after several uninformed people (more like fanboys) posted in support for him, because clearly everyone here was so rude to him

attachicon.gifBS 2.jpg

judge yourself

7oQYBwU.jpg

The fact that they acknowledged it's been a PR disaster the entire time, but didn't come out to talk about their role or to make an apology until the goose was so cooked it was burnt to a crisp, says a lot. In fact, all these guys... everyone who's been involved waited until a blind man could tell you that the thing was fake until they spoke out... also after the community said they needed to say something.

I'm getting a little tired of this "wasn't me" attitude from these guys. It's funny, no one seems to be claiming any responsibility, but everyone seems to be willing to ride the gravy train till the gravy went dry.

Edited by MotoRacer
  • Like 10

Acorn Computer had one week to pull together a prototype of the system that would become the BBC Micro from a concept design, otherwise the BBC would have pulled its funding for the computer's development. Acorn succeeded, just barely, and met the deadline for the prototype inspection. Conceivably, with experienced and talented engineers working day and night with a clear goal, the Retro VGS team could meet Coleco Holdings deadline. However, given what we have seen so far, it seems incredibly unlikely that the deadline will be met with whatever hardware guy or guys Mike Kennedy is employing.

I highly doubt they would be able to get anything done in a week. Even if they did, they pretty much pissed off anyone that was originally interested in it.

• Like 1

Should the community organize a boycott of his existing sources of revenue in order to force him to give up his poisonous attempts to con the community out of its money? Or can one separate the indisputably bad from the arguably good even though both are controlled by the same man?

Livestrong foundation (post Armstrong doping scandal)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livestrong_Foundation

Edited by phoenixdownita

What I'd like to know is:

Where's Mike's wife in all of this?

From what podcast segments she's done in the past and hearing her talked about from people who have spent time with her (such as the RGR guys), she's a smart and caring girl who loves her husband very much. She can't be THIS out of the loop. Wouldn't she want to try to tell her husband 'hey, you need to stop this right now for the sake of your health, your image, our marriage, etc.'

How many married guys here think your wife would have reigned you in before even a quarter of all this happened? ;)

• Like 12

It seems like almost everybody who has or had any connection to the Retro VGS or Coleco Chameleon has either disassociated or distanced themselves from it. Kevin Horton/kevtris, John Carlsen, RetroGamingRoundup, Piko Interactive, CollectorVision, gamester81/John Lester, Jag Bar. The editor of Retro has resigned and even Coleco Holdings is demanding an inspection of the "prototype". Sites like Gamestop and Endgadget are reporting on the controversy. Everybody except the core Retro VGS team has seemed to have jumped off the sinking ship as of this writing.

Having shown a willingness to use deceit (multiple fake prototypes) and intimidation (ReviewTechUSA YouTube strike threat) to get his way, perhaps Mike Kennedy should have his toys taken away from him. He has three of any note, the Jaguar shell molds, Retro magazine and Game Gavel auctions. Should the community organize a boycott of his existing sources of revenue in order to force him to give up his poisonous attempts to con the community out of its money? Or can one separate the indisputably bad from the arguably good even though both are controlled by the same man?

I think it should be that MK has 7 days to turn over the "prototypes" he has shown online (DVR card) and at the toy fair (snes-in-a-jag-shell) already, not something new he could try to muster up in a weeks time.

• Like 4

What I'd like to know is:

Where's Mike's wife in all of this?

From what podcast segments she's done in the past and hearing her talked about from people who have spent time with her (such as the RGR guys), she's a smart and caring girl who loves her husband very much. She can't be THIS out of the loop. Wouldn't she want to try to tell her husband 'hey, you need to stop this right now for the sake of your health, your image, our marriage, etc.'

How many married guys here think your wife would have reigned you in before even a quarter of all this happened? ;)

Come on. She knew. If she cared about her husband as much as you say she did, trust me, she'd be loyal to him to the bitter end, even if it was against her morals. You don't just publicly out your significant other.

Who knows. She could have warned him the entire time. But pig-headed men boys like him will never listen. Marketing guys lie so much, they start believing their own crap.

• Like 2

It Begins

Announcement: I have tendered my resignation to RETRO Magazine, effective immediately. Grateful for the opportunities I had there since 2013

— P Scott Patterson (@OriginalPSP)

I won't say I'm sorry, but... in a completely unrelated note... I'm out. Tootles! :roll:

We did the same at the GamesCom with the Pyra last year. The PCBs were not finished in time, so we showed the development board (off-the-shelf) as demonstration what it can do and some unpopulated or partly populated WIP PCBs with a 3D printed case and told everyone that what they can test on the monitor will be inside that portable system.

Was it a problem? Nope, everyone understood that.

Exactly, that shows you've got something tangible and maybe it's a bit late, but it's coming along.

But I think it's pretty obvious they didn't even have ANY kind of work-in-progress PCB to show. So basically no progress was made since last time where they were asking for crowd money just to pay salaries for one or two years and come up with "something awesome".

Meanwhile reading their website reminds me of this, except poor "Jose" was thrown under the bus long ago and a few of them fell in that hole:

iB0VQJT.jpg

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 8

From his facebook page.

Announcement: I have tendered my resignation to RETRO Magazine, effective immediately.

I had already turned in two pieces for the next issue, which may still run, but as of 4:00pm Central time today, I am no longer with the publication.

I am grateful to have been part of it from the very first issue. Seeing my mother-in-law reading my work in a Barnes & Noble location was a special highlight for me. At the present time, however, I am moving on from it to focus on other projects.

And for the record, I met PSP at nwc2015 and the dude is solid. I'd never expect him to be apart of the CC shit show.

Edited by mattz303
  • Like 1