IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Can you guys check and see if NintendoLoveAffair.com works for you?

It's not working for me. Says: ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

First RetroGamingMagazine goes down. Then nintendoloveaffair after he posts an interview with the CollectorVision boss that mentions the Chameleon?

Me thinks something fishy is going on....

Edited by StopDrop&Retro

First RetroGamingMagazine goes down. Then nintendoloveaffair after he posts an interview with the CollectorVision boss that mentions the Chameleon?

Believe it has something to do with main stream press using the story which is causing a uptick in users

Wow, this story is unreal. I still want to buy this thing, if it is real. Perhaps it was just faked for the show because they were under time constraints (trying to find the best case scenario). I've read about scammy kickstarters before, however. I don't know what to think yet. Subbed. :)

Hardware emulation does sound neat. I'd buy it just for the possibility of putting carts of different types into it. (If that is what it is, and I'm understanding it correctly.)

Just re-upped my AtariAge subscription. Those of you who are only here to promote your own websites and YouTube channels oght to think about doing the same for all the traffic that this thread has generated for you.

And I'm in.

Cool I can hid the "edit by" line .... so much power I can now rewrite history for 30 days ..... muahhahahah .... the world is mine :ahoy:

• Like 6

It worked earlier, there was only 1 Q about it wrt CC, the answer was on the lines that they develop their games as they always did, no impacts on them.

Wow, this story is unreal. I still want to buy this thing, if it is real. Perhaps it was just faked for the show because they were under time constraints (trying to find the best case scenario). I've read about scammy kickstarters before, however. I don't know what to think yet. Subbed. :)

Hardware emulation does sound neat. I'd buy it just for the possibility of putting carts of different types into it. (If that is what it is, and I'm understanding it correctly.)

Are you aware of the Retron 5?

• Like 2

But it's "ought" and not "aught".

Damnit, I suspected so when I was typing that post, but was too distracted to double-check.

Hey Al, I still get a commission for referred subs, right?

Come on, guy. Don't be stupid.

PS - You're one of the guys I was referring to.

Edit: I honestly thought that swlovinist's post was a joke.

I'm going to go put up a video on my channel about people putting up videos on their channels about the RetroVGS and Chameleon. I fully expect it to cause the internet to implode.

• Like 5

Just re-upped my AtariAge subscription. Those of you who are only here to promote your own websites and YouTube channels aught to think about doing the same for all the traffic that this thread has generated for you.

Thanks for suggesting this, didn't know it was an option. I hope my parody traffic turns into AVS sales :)

• Like 8

Pardon my ignorance, but have they disclosed who is "investigating" this mess? I mean, I wouldn't trust their team to find a "clean" guy to investigate what the system is.

Not only that, but I have to ask... why do they need seven days? I mean, it took this forum far less than that to determine it was a DVR card. All the "investigator" would have to do is open the shell, look at the picture of the card, notice the hot glued usb cords, led light powered by a hidden battery pack, and jaguar cart resting (unconnected) on the board, and go... "Yep. Fake".

Legal, pure legal they need to be given time to have it hold up in a court of law. Doing anything in a hurry makes you lose court cases even if you are correct. You give them a week to get their house in order, and when they fail, you can legally back out of a contract and they have little hope of suit. I am also willing to bet it's in the contract.

• Like 5

PS - You're one of the guys I was referring to.

We have different attitudes towards the internet and the best way information should be spread. I don't think information should cost anything either to access or post. Yes, that's a very utopian la-dee-dah view of the world, but I think it is something that can be accomplished on the internet and no where else.

I don't turn on ads on my videos and never intend to. I make nothing off this, in fact I spend money to get material for my channel. I do it because I enjoy it and other people enjoy watching it.

But if you want to call me out, go right on ahead, I don't care. Like I said, people should be able to express themselves freely.

• Like 9

Thanks for suggesting this, didn't know it was an option. I hope my parody traffic turns into AVS sales :)

Thanks for the subscriptions, they are appreciated. As there is zero advertising on AtariAge, the subscriptions and sales in the AtariAge Store are what pay the server bills and other related costs to keep AtariAge online. It will be interesting to see the spike in bandwidth usage due to this thread alone.

..Al

• Like 20

If you are going to buy it after what you read here then I guess there really is no hope for you.

Seriously, if by some small chance this sees a Kickstarter, the morally responsible thing to do is to avoid it and warn others.

• Like 5

It sure as hell would have if I had been smart enough to enable ads in the forum as soon as I saw that DVR card on eBay!!

You can pick up the same model of DVR card they used off eBay for about $40. You should buy a bunch and sell them as DIY prototype kits with random console shells :)

• Like 1

30 days of edit ...go fix it :-D

Done.

We have different attitudes towards the internet and the best way information should be spread. I don't think information should cost anything either to access or post. Yes, that's a very utopian la-dee-dah view of the world, but I think it is something that can be accomplished on the internet and no where else.

I don't turn on ads on my videos and never intend to. I make nothing off this, in fact I spend money to get material for my channel. I do it because I enjoy it and other people enjoy watching it.

But if you want to call me out, go right on ahead, I don't care. Like I said, people should be able to express themselves freely.

I'm only calling you out because there are several people in here, including yourself, whose reasons for being here are, ostensibly, entirely self-serving. As soon as this whole drama is over, you'll all be gone.

• Like 3