IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Where did you read that?

If memory serves he said the company that had the Jag shell molds also had the Jag CD molds but something was amiss and it would have costed too much to try supplement what was left in order to produce the full set.

Assuming for a second it was the sane Mike talking (hard to do I know but bear with me), I believe he stated he still had what was available, but to what extent it is still the case I really do not know.

How about you send him a message and ask? ;-)

• Like 1

for those calling it criminal or deception(actually yes it is deception, but not necessarily malice) I'll say again it seems way more of incompetence, over ambition, and terrible priorities,

Think about how much trouble the Atari 7800 and colecovision upgrades had in there development and they weren't nearly as ambitious.

plus he sunk a lot of money into the Jaguar molds and let's face it, this is far from the first product in which smoke and mirrors was used to get something off the ground. Looking at professional game development for 5 minutes unfulfilled promises, staged demoes, fake everything isn't uncommon. Frankly if it wasn't for living in the age of internet lynch mobs maybe this all would have ended up fine with a working unit mass produced system a year or two down the line

shame so many loud people always want blood even when things don't work out how they want, frankly I really hate the backers that want full and complete guarantees on crowd funding, things like all the people flipping out over mighty nine , development doesn't always go as planned. Same with Ouya maybe if the internet didn't dog pile on it after a rough launch it would have been fine, Frankly I think internet blood lust is stifling competition and innovations, All big companies have all sorts of problems but they're more likely to have the resources to push there way through, smaller companies can't, IF you actually believe in the little guy, cut him some slack, don't give Mike Kennedy any money unless he has something concrete but stop howling for him to end up as hermit because he let pride and ambition cloud his judgment. Not like anyone has been harmed in any way shape or form by his actions, but yours could have chilling effect on others who might be willing to try something.

• Like 3

On an interesting side note I discovered totally randomly, YouTuber AlphaOmegaSin is apparently pissed off at the hatred Gamester81 has gotten (whether it's here, on FB, Twitter, Youtube, I don't know) and was bitching at Pat for blaming him as being involved with the CC in his latest video (which I don't think he did). I saw this on Alpha's Twitter. Not sure if he is going to make a video about it (the little guy has a big mouth and rants quite good), but if he does it could lead to a bit of a shit show. I'll give him the fact I don't think Gamester81 is pretty much innocent, however usually from the videos I've seen of his, AlphaOmegaSin would rant for 10 minutes on anyone who gave a softball interview to a guy like Mike, so it kind of surprised me he had such a strong opinion against Pat and was so pro-Gamester81.

From what I gather, he blames Pat for people out for Gamester81's blood, when as far as I know, it all came here from those dark couple days where people started wanted Mike's grandma's sister's cousin's dog's puppy lynched. Either way it's all on his Twitter if anyone wants in on the action.

• Like 1

It would be terrible if Mike's prototype got damaged in transit to the Coleco engineer's lab...

Right?

Or it goes missing only to wind up on Australia's eBay site as a rare prototype with blue PVC piping attached to it....

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 3

If memory serves he said the company that had the Jag shell molds also had the Jag CD molds but something was amiss and it would have costed too much to try supplement what was left in order to produce the full set.

Assuming for a second it was the sane Mike talking (hard to do I know but bear with me), I believe he stated he still had what was available, but to what extent it is still the case I really do not know.

How about you send him a message and ask? ;-)

Hmm, interesting. Yeah, I am sure Mike will want to talk to me. LOL

But yeah, even just clear tops would be really cool. I have a clear case Dreamcast (I modded my Japanese unit) and always thought it was way cooler looking than the regular one.

• Like 2

Not sure if he is going to make a video about it (the little guy has a big mouth and rants quite good), but if he does it could lead to a bit of a shit show. I'll give him the fact I don't think Gamester81 is pretty much innocent, however usually from the videos I've seen of his, AlphaOmegaSin would rant for 10 minutes on anyone who gave a softball interview to a guy like Mike, so it kind of surprised me he had such a strong opinion against Pat and was so pro-Gamester81.

Yeah, not only does he not have his facts right here, but that guy's as level headed as a fuckin' Klan rally. I hope he does not join in on this story.

• Like 3

On an interesting side note I discovered totally randomly, YouTuber AlphaOmegaSin is apparently pissed off at the hatred Gamester81 has gotten (whether it's here, on FB, Twitter, Youtube, I don't know) and was bitching at Pat for blaming him as being involved with the CC in his latest video (which I don't think he did). I saw this on Alpha's Twitter. Not sure if he is going to make a video about it (the little guy has a big mouth and rants quite good), but if he does it could lead to a bit of a shit show. I'll give him the fact I don't think Gamester81 is pretty much innocent, however usually from the videos I've seen of his, AlphaOmegaSin would rant for 10 minutes on anyone who gave a softball interview to a guy like Mike, so it kind of surprised me he had such a strong opinion against Pat and was so pro-Gamester81.

From what I gather, he blames Pat for people out for Gamester81's blood, when as far as I know, it all came here from those dark couple days where people started wanted Mike's grandma's sister's cousin's dog's puppy lynched. Either way it's all on his Twitter if anyone wants in on the action.

Was there lots of hate outside this thread being thrown around a Gamester81? I only saw a few people in here that kept hounding on about. Granted I dont do twitter and dont really follow facebook gaming stuff so maybe there was more. I guess most of the youtube "celebrities" feel the need to band together and defend each other?

• Like 3

Was there lots of hate outside this thread being thrown around a Gamester81? I only saw a few people in here that kept hounding on about. Granted I dont do twitter and dont really follow facebook gaming stuff so maybe there was more. I guess most of the youtube "celebrities" feel the need to band together and defend each other?

Yeah, the last couple days it was getting pretty loud in regards to him. I don't necessarily agree, but I also don't disagree that he totally had no intentions of doing anything but promoting the RVGS in the softball interview he did without any worries about clarity or looking out for the people that was subsequently deleted for equally shady reasons.

But if Alpha were to reference here in a video and his supporters came here to white knight Gamester81, it could get a nice little war brewing. CPUWIZ tells me he's looking forward to that possibility wholeheartedly.

But if Alpha were to reference here in a video and his supporters came here to white knight Gamester81, it could get a nice little war brewing. CPUWIZ tells me he's looking forward to that possibility wholeheartedly.

WTF? Are you trying to get yourself ejected from this thread?