IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I feel like I have to post this every page; Gamester is getting flak because of the shitty infomercial he did for the RetroVGS where he did not disclose that he had a financial interest (as the company he's affiliated with was making the pack in at that time) and then, much like Mike, he doubled down and aggressively white knighted the thing. That's why he's getting flak about it! He did podcasts and interviews lamenting how mean people on the internet were, and how toxic the forums were, etc. etc. ad nauseum. He complained loud and long about "the haters," never actually addressing the valid criticism he received. Then, mysteriously, he deleted the video, hoping that people would forget about it.

He just came here for an apology, which seemed well and good, but then posted a non apology apology on Facebook, later. It was clear he came to do an apology because he felt he had to, not because he wanted to. A cat like that with a lot of followers on YouTube should really do something (a video on his channel perhaps, or a Facebook statement or whatever) for his subscribers where he acknowledges that he went a bit overboard in his overzealous defense of the thing, that he fucked up when he didn't disclose the fact that he had at least a very small stake in it's outcome and maybe, if he was really a right guy, a bit of a warning to his followers that anyone can get so single minded about something that they can forget to see the forest for the trees. It's okay if you make a mistake. Doubling down and lashing back when you make a mistake? Trying to sweep it under the rug? I dunno; to me it's better to rip the band aid off than to leave it hanging on weakly.

CollectorVision also came into this thread and apologized. I think he was sincere and understood his mistake. Gamester, not so much.

• Like 16

Was there lots of hate outside this thread being thrown around a Gamester81? I only saw a few people in here that kept hounding on about. Granted I dont do twitter and dont really follow facebook gaming stuff so maybe there was more. I guess most of the youtube "celebrities" feel the need to band together and defend each other?

Believe it's because less then 10 people here are slamming his YouTube videos comments and maybe twitter

Don't think 99% of us care to go that far, if you dislike his channel or character its just easier not to watch his video's.

Pat has nothing to do with this either, as he clearly blames 100% of this mess on MIKE

• Like 3

Yeah, the last couple days it was getting pretty loud in regards to him. I don't necessarily agree, but I also don't disagree that he totally had no intentions of doing anything but promoting the RVGS in the softball interview he did without any worries about clarity or looking out for the people that was subsequently deleted for equally shady reasons.

But if Alpha were to reference here in a video and his supporters came here to white knight Gamester81, it could get a nice little war brewing. CPUWIZ tells me he's looking forward to that possibility wholeheartedly.

I guess i just dont get the hate. That video was for the retrovgs and he deleted it. He was not making any shill videos for the coleco chameleon AFAIK. I do agree that the retrovgs video was a complete softball interview though.

• Like 1

It was obviously just a joke, but I guess it's up to you.

I read it on the internet, it must be true!

Maybe use some f&*^ng emoticons next time. There are so many people that skim this crap and may actually just believe what you said. I don't even know who the hell gamester81 is, nor do I know that other person. I don't watch a bunch of amateur youtube crap all day. I just had to ask Albert about who this person even is.

• Like 7

I feel like I have to post this every page; Gamester is getting flak because of the shitty infomercial he did for the RetroVGS where he did not disclose that he had a financial interest (as the company he's affiliated with was making the pack in at that time) and then, much like Mike, he doubled down and aggressively white knighted the thing. That's why he's getting flak about it! He did podcasts and interviews lamenting how mean people on the internet were, and how toxic the forums were, etc. etc. ad nauseum. He complained loud and long about "the haters," never actually addressing the valid criticism he received. Then, mysteriously, he deleted the video, hoping that people would forget about it.

He just came here for an apology, which seemed well and good, but then posted a non apology apology on Facebook, later. It was clear he came to do an apology because he felt he had to, not because he wanted to. A cat like that with a lot of followers on YouTube should really do something (a video on his channel perhaps, or a Facebook statement or whatever) for his subscribers where he acknowledges that he went a bit overboard in his overzealous defense of the thing, that he fucked up when he didn't disclose the fact that he had at least a very small stake in it's outcome and maybe, if he was really a right guy, a bit of a warning to his followers that anyone can get so single minded about something that they can forget to see the forest for the trees.

CollectorVision also came into this thread and apologized. I think he was sincere and understood his mistake. Gamester, not so much.

That makes sense. i did not know about this unappology later in a different place.

I never really watch his videos though as they just seem like commercials for collectorvision. most people should know that's what he does, so the retrovgs infomercial should not be a surprise really.

Not like anyone has been harmed in any way shape or form by his actions

Have you read any of this thread?

Investors in, and employees of, Mike's empire are out thousands of dollars by dodgy business dealings and asset stripping.

Oh, and your shift key is broken.

• Like 10

OOoops, sorry. I was responding to mickcris. Never mind.

From your post, "I think some people are just frustrated by the silence from Mike Kennedy and might be misdirecting it at those who are still in the public eye."

I agree with this.

..Al

• Like 10

Yeah, I'm not knocking Mike's job (and let's stop going down that road, as that will just get personal and ugly), just an interesting job title. I agree that titles don't often represent what someone actually does, and that can work both ways. Sometimes titles are used to make something sound more glorious than it is. Other times the job is way cooler than a title may make it out to be.

..Al

The title games can get pretty bad. At my wife's previous company, her boss was promoted to VP of sales. She had 5 people below her. In my company a VP has 1000's reporting to them up through the chain of command.

Have you read any of this thread?

Investors in, and employees of, Mike's empire are out thousands of dollars by dodgy business dealings and asset stripping.

Oh, and your shift key is broken.

2474203254_09522e7f77.jpg

More sour grapes about Mike and his successful businesses. Call 911 we need a waaambulance

• Like 1