IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

The interview I did with John Carlsen is now posted on Retro Gaming Roundup's page.

http://retrogamingroundup.com/blog/?p=1233

There are a couple of reasons the interview is posted there, first. It will be posted on my site, Retro Gaming Magazine, on Sunday. The reason for this is because of concerns that HostGator may crap out again if we see 600,000+ visitors in less than 8 hours (who transfered approximately 5 gigs of data for some reason). Second, this is my attempt to help collect the pertinent information in one location on the web, with backup hosting elsewhere.

I believe the reason we don't see more people covering this fiasco is because it is exhausting to browse 350+ pages in several threads here on AA, countless forum posts on other sites and then follow through with links from various posts to yet MORE information. By having key information, interviews and the like, on one site- away from people simply posting that they signed up to post in a particular thread, or bickering over semantics, it will help others better understand the breath of the events that have transpired.

Anyhow, go read the interview and, as John Lester said about two sides to every story, find out the other side of the YouTube video, the first prototype and the truth behind the FPGA situation.

• Like 18

Do we know if kevtris or benheck were even contacted (as suggested elsewhere) to be the "expert" in this proto examination?

I understand that even if they were they themselves may be under NDA, albeit a weak one as I don't think there's anything more to disclose about the Capture Card or the SNES, be as it may perhaps some leaked info? Anyone?

Without this thread, those YouTubers have almost no information for their videos. I don't want to name any names, but many of the videos did nothing more than summarize the contents of this thread. Without this "relic" of a source, the YouTubers have no content. This forum is also collaborative, videos are not. If I want to respond to a post here with additional info, it takes me a few seconds. I'm not going to setup a camera to add 1 or 2 sentences of information or correct something wrong in a video.

I am still catching up, but this thread has probably saved me the trouble of watching some of those videos for the very reason you gave.

Generally, I'd just rather read then watch a video for this anyway.

• Like 2

Thanks! There's a compliment in there somewhere! (hey! Is "ShopDrop&Retro" intentional!?!)

It was meant as a compliment. :)

Typo fixed. Oops! Paging Dr. Freud?

Thanks for the summary. I'm glad I didn't wade into 70 minutes of nonsense to learn that.

I only listened to about that ten minutes, so there may be more new things. I think the Gamester Apology/Not-apology tour did me in for the day.

• Like 3

I just caught up on the last couple of pages, and I can't get too riled up over all the YouTube rivalries, but I must say that I also can't muster up much sympathy for Gamester81. People were complaining about the sycophantic nature of his interview with Mike at the time it happened, too; he's still getting heat for it because it looks even worse in retrospect.

Hopefully we can move on to something more interesting.

Maybe something more interesting like playing video games? ;)

I will give a free year's subscription to the forum to the person who can put together a list of "interesting" posts in this thread (if you already have a sub, I will extend it by a year). When I say "interesting", I mean events or posts that are fairly signifciant, such as the discovery of the DVR card in the third prototype (and there are a few relevant posts for that event). I can then update the first post in this thread with a list of the links.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to do help, this way there aren't a whole bunch of people doing this..

..Al

• Like 13

I was being sarcastic, man. Unless I was not paying attention to any news concerning the console, I don't see why I would be serious. :lol:

you never know, that Janus seems to be serious about her support for Mike, someone here posted her posts in another board and wow, just wow.

• Like 1

I respectfully disagree, the Sawyer interview shared, the Kickstarter guy's video shared, Piko interview shared, John Carlson interview shared, tons of truth coming to the surface from actual participants.

100% agree. This thread has seen more #truthfact in the past 48 hours, thanks to these videos/interviews/talking heads than the previous 2 months worth of posts.

Just finished the Piko RGR podcast. The whole "Lee" thing - the campus, the employees, the unknown caller IDs, the showers, the goldeneye room, magic mapper support - all amazing stuff. Seeing how Piko tried to walk a fine line, learning that the menu is hacked from a pirate Chinese multicart and was made by Piko's coder under daily pressure from "Lee" and all this other behind the scenes stuff played out - amazing to hear about it. The pack-in mini-drama, Piko's brilliant ploy in making the demands of MK if they were to continue forwards. Great stuff. And the revelation that MK had never even seen/heard/touched the prototype... either naivety in the extreme or a massively ballsy playing dumb stunt.

Whoever this Lee is, it's incredible stuff to hear about. I can imagine 3 possibilities.

1. Lee is an exceptional confidence trickster. He's been telling Mike all the same stuff he spun to Piko, only Mike has been swallowing it whole.

2. Lee is working hand-in-hand with MK, they're tag-teaming and attempting to rake in the cash from *somewhere* by any means necessary.

3. This is my favourite. This is the one I'm going to fantasise about in my dreams. Lee is someone from this thread. He's trolling MK harder than anyone has been trolled in the history of trolling.

Why lock this thread now when the good stuff is just starting to float to the surface.

Do not flush.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 13

I do think people need to relax some

Accusing Mike of unproven things such as using drug and even being a Nazi even in satire probably shouldn't be posted

Also the Gamester81 and Pat&Ian are obviously at this point Trolling us, with their fake fight

EXACTLY, there are things he has done, and those are bad but that stuff takes away from the importance of the discussion. And let us say if Mike comes around and we got our old Mike back, he can speak to all the contributors on this project and apologize, recognize them and perhaps one day gain their respect or trust. That video of Col. Klink and Unkle Adolf dancing around pretending to be him cannot be addressed or made right by Mike, and it serves no purpose in compelling him to come clean and apologize by deionizing him over things he did not do, muddies the water.

• Like 7

A guy with a Hitler-ish mustache is standing in front of a Nazi flag while claiming to be Mike Kennedy. How else is a person with more than half a brain supposed to take it?

take it the way the story thus far dictated, or however you decide, its not my place to judge or dictate whether people get humor or offense out of anything. not saying you're in the former category, but people with more 51% of a brain (or more) shouldnt have to ask others how they should view something, right?

There has been plenty of great information shared here, but a greater amount of people trying to be funny or trying to get their fifteen minutes of fame out of the deal. Sure, pot calling the kettle black; I have used plenty of AA threads as my personal playground, but this crapstorm doesn't need my help, to be entertaining, so this is my first post. There is plenty more legitimate information to be heard from RetroVGS / CC truthers, so it would be a shame if the thread got locked because of OT shenanigans or side squabbles between Youtube celebs. Quit making Al pull his hair out, he can't spare that much.

• Like 2

I'm not going to lock the thread. But I am going to be less kind to posts that do not contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way.

..Al

Right, I thought I noticed the posts jumped up a few places recently.

Maybe I'm misreading CPU's messages, I was concerned for an imminent thread lock, especially with posts like jibbajabba's.

TBF, could really do without all the AA > Internet > AA posting of dork-stood-in-front-of-games videos regurgitating half-understood summaries of this thread though :lol:

• Like 5

UKMike, Pipercub and Piko, I tried to not sound dismissive in my post but I guess it came off wrong. Of all the podcasts and videos about this thing that I actually want to hear, it'd be the one with three people with firsthand knowledge. At that moment, my Chameleon-branded cup was filled but wanted to make that small post about about people who'd pulled out of the campaign beforehand . Sounds like it's a good two hour show, though.

I will give a free year's subscription to the forum to the person who can put together a list of "interesting" posts in this thread (if you already have a sub, I will extend it by a year). When I say "interesting", I mean events or posts that are fairly signifciant, such as the discovery of the DVR card in the third prototype (and there are a few relevant posts for that event). I can then update the first post in this thread with a list of the links.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to do help, this way there aren't a whole bunch of people doing this..

..Al

This thread is in dire need of an index. :thumbsup:

• Like 5

The interview I did with John Carlsen is now posted on Retro Gaming Roundup's page.

http://retrogamingroundup.com/blog/?p=1233

This interview is pretty interesting, though I can't help but laugh that John still wants to patent this thing. There's zero patentable ideas in it IMO. And I say this as a patent holder.

Do we know if kevtris or benheck were even contacted (as suggested elsewhere) to be the "expert" in this proto examination?

I understand that even if they were they themselves may be under NDA, albeit a weak one as I don't think there's anything more to disclose about the Capture Card or the SNES, be as it may perhaps some leaked info? Anyone?

No. I haven't been. I would do it but they'd have to pay me travel expenses and time like any other engineering project. I am done working for free unless it's on my own projects :-)

• Like 22

This interview is pretty interesting, though I can't help but laugh that John still wants to patent this thing. There's zero patentable ideas in it IMO. And I say this as a patent holder.

I literally laughed out loud as soon as I read the word "patent" in the interview. Then I shook my head and continued reading.

..Al

• Like 6

Albert, on 04 Mar 2016 - 7:00 PM, said:

I'm not going to lock the thread. But I am going to be less kind to posts that do not contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way.

..Al

I'd almost like you to lock this, Al, so I can have my life back and not be checking in every 5 minutes! :lol:

• Like 5