IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

You polled your listeners and they told you "more of the same" because they are the ones who stuck with you. Missing from those results are the people who quit because it's too. damn. long.

I have tried many long podcasts, and always abandon them, RGR included, in favor of tightly planned, more concise episodes or publishers who break things up. Unlike some of your listeners, my listening time is finite, and I don't give it out indiscriminately -- there's too much good stuff out there for me to waste time on formats I don't enjoy.

This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to be mean or single you out particularly. When I see a massively long podcast, it's a sign to me that it hasn't been edited thoughtfully and probably won't respect my time.

So keeping it topical with this thread, we did a long form interview with Eli from Pico and BTB where they were to tell the whole story which answered so much and continues to give Ah-ha moments and also, there were a ton of quick concise talking head youtube episodes and main stream press articles that guessed and speculated almost always incorrectly and provided a ton of false info. Some people enjoy a multi course meal at a upscale restaurant, others want McDonald's drive through, were not serving the junkfood market, we made our choice and stand by it. The majority of the shows I listen to, Penn's Sunday School, Game Escape, Super Podcast Brothers, StopDropandRetro, etc. all take the time needed to tell the story so there is certainly a community for that content. There is some quality short form content too, don't get me wrong, #CUpodcast is very good at entertaining in a concise way.

• Like 4

When I see a massively long podcast, it's a sign to me that it hasn't been edited thoughtfully and probably won't respect my time.

.... or contains a lot of information.

Since you're already recording timestamps of each topic, there's probably a program / script that would enable you to split the MP3 into chunks. Then you can provide a .zip of the whole thing for people to throw in a media player.

There are ways to do it but we always end up at the same point: The pause button.

• Like 2

So keeping it topical with this thread, we did a long form interview with Eli from Pico and BTB where they were to tell the whole story which answered so much and continues to give Ah-ha moments and also, there were a ton of quick concise talking head youtube episodes and main stream press articles that guessed and speculated almost always incorrectly and provided a ton of false info. Some people enjoy a multi course meal at a upscale restaurant, others want McDonald's drive through, were not serving the junkfood market, we made our choice and stand by it. The majority of the shows I listen to, Penn's Sunday School, Game Escape, Super Podcast Brothers, StopDropandRetro, etc. all take the time needed to tell the story so there is certainly a community for that content. There is some quality short form content too, don't get me wrong, #CUpodcast is very good at entertaining in a concise way.

I resisted taking the time for the longform Eli tell-all, but I am glad I listened to it. For me, that's the exception to the rule though. You can call yourself "upscale" all you want, but it's simply not for me. No worries, it's not like we need each other! I was just pointing out that you and UKMike seem to be working from a self-selected sample. Of course your listeners like your show the way it is, because they're you're listeners.

• Like 3

For me, for the most part,I tend to shy away from podcasts that are over three hours long. I make an exception for Super Podcast Bros, as the show is entertaining. The reason being is that I just don't have the attention span that I had when I was younger. Anyone that listens to Pie Factory can pick up my short attention span.

• Like 1

My attention span is right up there with a goldfish...So I've never got through a long podcast either, but those that make them have some pretty valid points...Maybe I'll throw a couple of them on the MP3 player, and give them a shot while I mow some lawns, once the weather gets nice...

• Like 1

Excellent!

Bonus points for using the word "Moxie".

Indeed. Why he used the name of Penn Jillette's daughter Moxie Crimefighter, I have no idea, but still...

Edited by Inky
  • Like 1

I have some questions for the Philosopher Haters in this group:

How can you beat a dead horse if the horse never existed?

How can you have a train wreck if the train never came?

How can you have a shitshow if the shit didn't show?

And this is why I won't be answering any more questions! Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 9

- There never was a horse involved. If there was, I'd rather not know.

- No planes, trains, and automobiles were harmed in the making of this show.

- You have to rely on your virtual sense to smell virtual shit, but virtual shit doesn't spatter like real shit unless it hits the virtual fan.

Does that help?

• Like 1

Why do you drive in a parkway and park in a driveway?

Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?

• Like 3

I have now spent so much time in this thread looking at bastardized Jaguar shells that i went out and bought the real deal. Came with Dino Dudes, Syndicate and, of course, Cybermorph.
Sadly it doesn't play SNES games but i guess that's what my SNES is for.

Edited by Raticon
  • Like 10

I have now spent so much time in this thread looking at bastardized Jaguar shells that i went out and bought the real deal. Came with Dino Dudes, Syndicate and, of course, Cybermorph.

Where did YOU learn to drive?

Why is it called a HAMBURGER, when it’s made out of BEEF?

Because it originated in HAMBURG, Mr. America-Is-The-Center-Of-The-Universe!

Welcome to the madness that is the Jaguar. For additional madness, hop over to the Jaguar sub-forum here.

• Like 4