IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

And after that I quickly look at Facebook, only to be met with someone sharing a crowdfunding campaign called "Remember when..."

Fortunately it's MK free, it's just a local cafe for dementia sufferers http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/remember-when-dementia-cafe

My grandmother had Alzheimer's. My ex-wife's dad is suffering from some kind of dementia (doctors said it wasn't Alzheimer's, it's some other kind). I've never heard of a "traditional dementia cafe". Is this something they have in the UK?

I want my copy etched onto slate cos that's a much more durable storage format than paper

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk

I expect nothing less than use a printing press to stamp Clay tablets, afterwords baked in a kiln to 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. Then seal them in a cave for archeologists to discover 3500 years from now. And the book should be written in Latin, not English. :twisted:
  • Like 2

I think so, too. He was at 77 patrons and $416 three days ago; he's now at 82 patrons and $448. At this rate, he should be reaching his $9500 goal in about 2.25 years. That's also about how long it usually takes him to put out a single issue, so if he starts working on it right now, he can have it ready "right on time."

Update, because I'm no different than that obsessive in the Nintendo Mini whom I mock for calling all the big box stores every day

Dec 22 2016 77 patrons, $416 total

Dec 25 2016 82 patrons, $448 total

Jan 9 2017 147 patrons, $770 total (today)

There are 15 days between your Xmas post and now and a difference of $322, which means the fund grew at an average of $21.46 per day. At this new accelerated rate, he would only need 443 days of the same level of donations to hit $9500. That's plenty of time for a ONE-TWO PUNCH! of a magazine.

• Like 4

Update, because I'm no different than that obsessive in the Nintendo Mini whom I mock for calling all the big box stores every day

Dec 22 2016 77 patrons, $416 total

Dec 25 2016 82 patrons, $448 total

Jan 9 2017 147 patrons, $770 total (today)

There are 15 days between your Xmas post and now and a difference of $322, which means the fund grew at an average of $21.46 per day. At this new accelerated rate, he would only need 443 days of the same level of donations to hit $9500. That's plenty of time for a ONE-TWO PUNCH! of a magazine.

Sorry, not a fan of glossy toilet paper. It's just not gonna happen... :ponder:

So make a video of someone turning pages of a magazine? The most useful use for YouTube ever. Let's do a "Let's read" of Retro magazine, with crazy voiceover commentary!

This exists. I caught my son watching a video of someone reading a book he had to read at school exactly like this. The ultimate in laziness...

He actually was watching the video of the person reading it and flipping pages.

• Like 4

Keiren Hawken 'The Laird' is now involved with Mike and has just uploaded a video 'review' of Retro Magazine on youtube saying how brilliant it is. Totally impartial of course.

As soon as they add ChickyBaby it will be the sad times trifecta perfecto!

• Like 4

3:30 - you haven't started the video yet.

4:00 - I can't see what's in the magazine unless you zoom in.

6:30 - SNEZZ

8:20 - If RETRO isn't strictly retro, why call it RETRO?

10:40 - I made it this far because I wanted to hear what you'd say about the Scameleon advert. You didn't really say anything.

Postscript: Since you wrote one of the articles in that magazine, I suspect you are a biased source. As such, I will disregard your opinion.

• Like 1

8:20 - If RETRO isn't strictly retro, why call it RETRO

Retro isn't strictly anything, other than a collection of content that Mike thinks he can monetize. I guarantee you, if Mike had an interest in mahogany boats from the 1930s, he'd be trolling the internet for snippets he could throw into a magazine and resell it, cornering the mahogany boat enthusiast market.

Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 6