IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I looked up the dictionary definition for "Beating a dead horse" - this thread popped up. Except I'd say it's more like the CC horse has been beaten, chopped up , incinerated, buried, exhumed, nuked and then put into a particle accelerator so as every particle of it's being has been disintegrated.

Maybe it's time to exit the stadium folks

Edited by vcoleiro1
  • Like 2

I looked up the dictionary definition for "Beating a dead horse" - this thread popped up. Except I'd say it's more like the CC horse has been beaten, chopped up , incinerated, buried, exhumed, nuked and then put into a particle accelerator so as every particle of it's being has been disintegrated.

I thought it was time about 400 pages ago.

Edited by JamesD
  • Like 1

Ahhh ... but isn't a large part of the AtariAge forum dedicated to people's nostalgia for old consoles and dead companies? ;)

The continued postings in this thread are just another form of nostalgia for times gone by; in this case, the time when a plucky band of geeks gathered together to fight against the Dark Forces that were attempting to create an Empire! :grin:

• Like 6

Not if you keep replying to it! :lolblue:

• Like 6

Isn't it a fascinating coincident that someone who changed their eBay ID seven times in the past 20 years, once was working on a games console called Chameleon?

Aww, he's entitled to a little change of scenery. Most species of chameleons live less than 5 years, so he's way ahead of the odds.

post-2410-0-30744100-1499275660.png

I am more impressed/intrigued/flabbergasted by the use of a Web TV email address for almost SIX YEARS, until a few days after the announcement of the end of the service. Per Wikipedia,

On July 1, 2013, an email was sent out to customers that the service would be shutting down on September 30, 2013, and customer service would be available until January 15, 2014.

Webtv.jpg

It's certainly "retro" styled, I suppose.

What I need to know is this:

Does the new name signify "Arizona Stuff" or "Arizona's Tuff"? And if it's "tuff," do we mean a light, porous rock formed by consolidation of volcanic ash, or an intentional "cute" misspelling of "tough?" And why am I reminded of the husky boy jeans sold by Sears of the 1970s?

Toughskin-Jeans.jpg

Keep chasing that chuckwagon!

• Like 3

You misread 2003 and 2013, so he left WebTV ten years before it shut down.

Whoops! I'm an idiot. At least I didn't use a Web TV email address in public for almost six years.

He was an early adopter of eBay, arriving there more than a year than I did. That's a long time!

• Like 1

Whoops! I'm an idiot. At least I didn't use a Web TV email address in public for almost six years.

He was an early adopter of eBay, arriving there more than a year than I did. That's a long time!

Dec '98 for me. Damn I'm old...

Guess SoCal doesn't just change eBay accounts but also AA user names. 'Cmon guys, let's drop the topic and close the thread, right! Who's with me lads?

• Like 4

" Besides, my drunken hatred has its limits with 99% being directed to Mike Kennedy with the other 11% directed to those more closely involved than Gamester81.

That's 110% :P

Horse has been butchered, fed to other horses in the stable, then those horses butchered as well, along with anyone else who eats the second generation horse meat... :P

Who cares if Mike comes back to this forum or the gaming industry?

Very few of us were against Mike personally, or wanted his project and his other odd projects to close

Had more to do with his inability of running this project, and how it would effect other people's fun waiting for a game system that wouldn't come out

• Like 1

Was curious and checked out the magazine patreon and they mention they have sold retro magazine

Mentioning is right ... this was in the "community" section 4 weeks ago in response to a question about address changes:

"RETRO Videogame Magazine

Hi Kris. For now RETRO has been sold to another company. They will be continuing on with the magazine, although it will be a slightly different format and time frame. If you want to hold out and see what happens you can remain on Patreon as you will only be charged if/when they produce a new issue. You should be able to update your address in your Patreon profile."

Ewww

• Like 3

"For now"??? Does Mike think that Eli/Piko will give it back to him at some point?

More likely he believes that "sold" really means "loaned to" a non-executive party that would have no bearing on the transaction six month down some road .... honk honk, make way the bus is coming and this time he's got plenty of room under it:

ChinaBus-620x328.jpg

...wait that proved to be a sort of, kind of, type of NOT WORKING.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2017/jul/07/failure-china-straddling-bus-no-magic-bullet-traffic-woes

...and in that case 32 people were arrested :twisted:

• Like 2