IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Thanks a lot Phoenix, now I'm going to want to watch all the "intriguing videos."

"Now the project has been scrapped and 32 people have been arrested for alleged illegal fundraising in connection with it. Suspicions about the project, which resulted in the creation of some intriguing videos, have grown."

More likely he believes that "sold" really means "loaned to" a non-executive party that would have no bearing on the transaction six month down some road .... honk honk, make way the bus is coming and this time he's got plenty of room under it:

ChinaBus-620x328.jpg

...wait that proved to be a sort of, kind of, type of NOT WORKING.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2017/jul/07/failure-china-straddling-bus-no-magic-bullet-traffic-woes

...and in that case 32 people were arrested :twisted:

Sounds a lot like Elio motors in my home town. They bought the old abandoned GM plant and were supposed to begin manufacture of the little 3 wheel roadsters. Instead they squandered investor moneys and have allegedly been paying the bills by selling off old machinery and factory equipment. I expect the CEO and his posse of crooks will be doing some jail time by the time this debacle is over... :mad:

http://thehayride.com/2017/05/shreveports-elio-motors-debacle-reaches-end-stages/

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/opinion/2017/07/07/elio-motors-bad-idea-and-garage-fantasy-rep-glover/458417001/

http://710keel.com/elio-motors-to-appear-before-motor-vehicle-commission/

1484853398252.jpg?ve=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elio_Motors

= = = = = = = = = =

Also that bus concept would never work as that assumes that cars always straddle the center of their lane, and no trucks or oversize vehicles will ever be present on the street. The potential for accidents with such a system is astronomically high.

I would never want to be underneath that bus thing. It would be impossible to change lanes(for whatever reason) once you are under it.

Why would you ever want to do that?

With all the hardware guys under there keeping you company you can spend a lifetime pondering the depth of "power goes in, video comes out" .... you'll never want to get out from under that particular bus.

• Like 4

Sounds a lot like Elio motors in my home town. They bought the old abandoned GM plant and were supposed to begin manufacture of the little 3 wheel roadsters. Instead they squandered investor moneys and have allegedly been paying the bills by selling off old machinery and factory equipment. I expect the CEO and his posse of crooks will be doing some jail time by the time this debacle is over... :mad:

I remember looking at their website years ago, totally forgot about that thing! It may have been as soon as they started taking orders. I think my reaction was "No way would I put up that much in advance." At least unlike the Chameleon, there appeared to be 'real' prototypes.

• Like 2

From the Patreon:

Hello,

RETRO Magazine it is under new ownership. The business went bankrupted and a new individual bought out all the assets.

This account will be cancelled soon and re-launched a NEW and IMPROVED Magazine with new format.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your support!

We'll relaunch RETRO Magazine soon =D.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Why would you ever want to do that?

With all the hardware guys under there keeping you company you can spend a lifetime pondering the depth of "power goes in, video comes out" .... you'll never want to get out from under that particular bus.

It doesn't matter, China shit-canned that design.

• Like 1

Someone had mentioned on Patreon

The new company plans to honor the subscription for those of us that have paid and not received all of our magazines. If you want a refund still you have to go to the original owner but according to the new owners he doesn't have the money to refund anyone as he has declared bankruptcy.
I am hoping someone does a really long in depth video covering from the beginning to the (current) end I was thinking of giving it a try but just do not have the time and there is a lot of information to digest

I remember looking at their website years ago, totally forgot about that thing! It may have been as soon as they started taking orders. I think my reaction was "No way would I put up that much in advance." At least unlike the Chameleon, there appeared to be 'real' prototypes.

post-2410-0-65171100-1499967926.jpg

• Like 3

This was posted on Facebook

Attention Audience of RETRO Magazine: There is new Owner in charge of the Magazine.

We are working hard to re-launch the magazine, tentative date is Fall 2017.

If you are a subscriber with pending issues, you should have received an email yesterday explaining what is going to happen and how we plan to take care of you 1f603.png=D.

The format of the Magazine will be changed completely concentrating more on actual retro gaming. However, we will start with a Digital issue only to make sure we don't chew more than we can bite.

A lot of the writers that worked on the magazine will come back, and there will be new ones involved.

New Ownership has more than 4 years running an e-commerce website, so rest assured you will receive whatever you purchase moving forward!

If you have any question or comments, please send us an email or post them on the comment section!

Cheers!

The New RETRO Magazine Team.

PD. All RETRO Magazine Are Belong To Us.

• Like 1

Holy shit, he is even using Socal catch phrases: "Moving Forward"

And Socal delusions, the writers are not coming back, the vast majority were gone by issue 8 and want nothing to do with it.

I even see the same use of plurals and multiple fictional people, in one post he referred to the PR guy as if there are multiple people working on this. What we have here is another Socal one man band trying to look like a larger organization yet every post has that same fingerprint that tells you it is the same guy.

Boys, we got ourselves a train wreck!

• Like 4

Speaking of Piko interactive a group on Facebook seems to just hate him.

He's gotten a lot of unnecessary flack from NintendoAge forums as well. They accused him of backdooring an eBay prototype sale from a game he was attempting to aquire the license too. A lot of bad shit went down afterwords and it was hard to tell what really happened. It was this whole "he said, she said" thing, but I've spoken to him about it in PM here and he's maintained his innocence as far as I'm concerned.

When someone graduates from peddling reproes to running a legit business by licensing old IP, that says a lot about his character. Very few people make that transition.

• Like 2

I was really really surprised that a person (company) who were involved with the Coleco chameleon (and seemed to have been lied to and cheated on as well) bought the Retro Magazine.

Part of me was thinking....Magazine sold and then announcement of a new Atari Console...hopefully not Mikes new venture.

Regarding the backdoor accusation, I don't believe it should matter one whit to potential buyers of Piko's products, whether they are a licensed reproduction cartridge or a retro video game magazine. Where are all the complaints about Piko's poor customer service? His defective products? His failed crowd funding campaigns? I am not aware of many complaints.

• Like 1

Regarding the backdoor accusation, I don't believe it should matter one whit to potential buyers of Piko's products, whether they are a licensed reproduction cartridge or a retro video game magazine. Where are all the complaints about Piko's poor customer service? His defective products? His failed crowd funding campaigns? I am not aware of many complaints.

Yeah all I remember from the post I saw was someone "railing" on Piko for the buying the magazine and so on. The person who posted it was coming off as a outright douchebag

• Like 1

in regards to piko's recent purchases, my only thought is I am glad he has the ability to take that loaded gamble on tainted properties, cause I sure wouldnt touch it, otherwise whatever, its his deal and best of luck

in regards to piko's recent purchases, my only thought is I am glad he has the ability to take that loaded gamble on tainted properties, cause I sure wouldnt touch it, otherwise whatever, its his deal and best of luck

I am willing to bet a rebranding may be done, perhaps even a change of title