IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I just saw the post on the Ultravision. I so much wanted one of those so bad I started building one myself by taking apart a TV and several consoles and mounting it all in a wood cabinet. Soon enough the damned thing overheated. It would be a 15-year wait till consumer tech allowed for a proper STB full of emulators.

I even had an enlarged Ultravision poster that I colored in with crayons. Those were indeed the best of times. Not this ColecoCrap of today.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

That was my first guess when I saw the article- Mike's a slick salesman who just invents new features off the cuff to increase the hype level. "Does it cure blindness and play 2600 games Mike?" "Why yes it does!"

Wormer's_Famous_Rattlesnake_Oil_ad1.png

"Money back if it fails" <----- it would be nice to have that guarantee with this system
  • Like 3

Wish they had not used the Jaguar case. The system gets dragged in the mud already without this to add to it. (Not to mention the dental thing.)

Here's another anti-Chameleon video. Up to almost 73,000 views in two days. People are talking, and it ain't good:

• Like 2

Here's another anti-Chameleon video. Up to almost 73,000 views in two days. People are talking, and it ain't good:

Definitely a critical view, but I think even he is giving Mike and Co. too much credit. He says that he doesn't think they're setting out to deliberately scam people. I don't know if he's aware of that Frankenstein's Monster of an SNES hack job that Mike tried to pass off as a "working prototype" at Toy Fair (he doesn't mention it in the video), but anyone who is aware of it has to conclude that the RVGS/Chameleon project has gone from a quixotic quest to a willful deception. You can see it all over Mike's face in the Toy Fair videos: he knew exactly what he was doing.

• Like 8

Oh c'mon, North Coleco!!

If you don't like Rich's video then you're going to HATE mine!

CbiCiUbUMAEOgQ4.png

hehehe, the guy doesn't even care about the Chameleon. His email is "TheRTUCritic"

The channel he "criticizes" is ReviewTechUSA

How on earth did you get this?!?

I hope the creator of this video refuses to back down.

• Like 1

Oh c'mon, North Coleco!!

If you don't like Rich's video then you're going to HATE mine!

CbiCiUbUMAEOgQ4.png

"Attempting to get it taken down"?

Wow.

Just... wow.

I watched that video, and it wasn't slanderous, or even remotely vitriolic - it was just reporting what had already happened, and offered up a well considered opinion. There was no mention of SNEZ-gate.

What's Team/Contact - Mike Kennedy thinking? I can't comprehend... it wasn't... how on Earth...?

Oh, never mind.

I'm obviously living on a different planet than some people.

• Like 1

"Attempting to get it taken down"?

Wow.

Just... wow.

I watched that video, and it wasn't slanderous, or even remotely vitriolic - it was just reporting what had already happened, and offered up a well considered opinion. There was no mention of SNEZ-gate.

What's Team/Contact - Mike Kennedy thinking? I can't comprehend... it wasn't... how on Earth...?

Oh, never mind.

I'm obviously living on a different planet than some people.

Freedom of speech, what's that?!?
  • Like 3

If someone is behind this project THAT much that they would say that about a video to Mike Kennedy and crew, I've got a bridge to sell you.

I don't think Mike's supporters are on his side because they objectively believe that the RVGS/Chameleon is a good idea. Maybe they might have initially, but I don't think that's what's driving them anymore. Somebody earlier in the thread talked about Mike's ability to find and/or attract people who are kindred spirits. I think his connection with his Facebook "cheerleaders" is another example; they are cheering him on mainly because they see him as being one of their own kind. I don't care to say just now what "kind" I think that is, but it's certainly not one of the good kind.

• Like 3

This world has gone mad. I'm sorry, but what kind of sick twisted ass thinks at all that removing objective video opinions is going to make their joke of a console any better? That and.. seriously, someone has a channel that's dedicated to just critiquing another person's channel?

What a pathetic ... pathetic life that person leads.

• Like 4

I think his connection with his Facebook "cheerleaders" is another example; they are cheering him on mainly because they see him as being one of their own kind. I don't care to say just now what "kind" I think that is, but it's certainly not one of the good kind.

It does seem to be devolving into a cult Of Whatever The Hell You Call That type of situation...

• Like 2