IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Let's be fair, the Ouya didn't' have the dream team that the Chameleon does. You guys will be eating your words when this is the most successful Kickstarted Video Game System ever.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wait , wait.... sorry..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Edited by MotoRacer
  • Like 1

Janus, on 22 Feb 2016 - 9:08 PM, said:

Let's be fair, the Ouya didn't' have the dream team that the Chameleon does. You guys will be eating your words when this is the most successful Kickstarted Video Game System ever.

Dude, thanks for the laugh! I'm sick with a cold right now and I badly needed that. :lol:

Also, keep this thread coming....it's my dinner reading material when I get home from work. :-D

• Like 3

Maybe they're being "courted" by IndieGoGo again. Maybe they'll decide to change their minds about using Kickstarter at the last minute, like they did last time:

Indiegogo had been courting us to use their service the past few months and have extended to us some accommodations that were very enticing. In addition, we have also had discussions with Kickstarter about their policy which requires hardware campaigns to show off explicit demonstrations of a prototype. We have since found a few running hardware campaigns on Kickstarter that show nothing of the sort and have questioned them about it, only to find you really don't need to show a working prototype, just to be clear and upfront with backers so they know exactly where you are in the development process. We asked if they would then reword their policy to reflect this and at this point they have not done so.

Since we didn't want to confuse anyone where we were in this process, we feel we just can't use Kickstarter while that policy is worded as such and thus have moved to the other very large crowdfunding company, Indiegogo.

(Translation: They went crawling back to IndieGoGo after Kickstarter rejected them; after the spectacular failure of their campaign, they blamed IndieGoGo.)

• Like 6

Hey Mike, if you actually read this forum (i'm sure you do still.) As someone who was unbiased and actually interested in throwing money at you, I would like to say this.

Thanks for removing me from your Facebook page, after I had posted the video in regards to many people thinking this is just a snes mini/jr shoved in a Jag shell, I simply wanted you to prove otherwise and asked as much.

So that being said, I was waiting around for you to actually prove people wrong, and even stated that I was hopeful that you would release proof, and hoped you did, dispelling peoples rumors about what the Toy Fair presentation actually was.

Welp that ship has sailed. As a complete Gamer geek I was prepare to donate 1k at least if that tier had been offered and all questions answered and shown this was legit. Thanks for proving you cannot stand up to heat, I wouldnt want a system from such a childish person that cant stand a little heat, or be Adult enough to actually prepare a proper response to a very Logical question and concern.

Sorry guys, only way I can think to get a message to the Douche. (if this gets deleted I totally understand, especially seeing how this is only like my 2nd or 3rd total post)

• Like 17

Maybe they're being "courted" by IndieGoGo again. Maybe they'll decide to change their minds at the last minute, like they did last time:

(Translation: They went crawling back to IndieGoGo after Kickstarter rejected them; after the spectacular failure of their campaign, they blamed IndieGoGo.)

So basically, Kickstarter is rejecting them and ordering them to make a working proto, which they don't have, and they're limping back to Indiegogo? (who I GUARANTEE you aren't giving them any "offers" nor courting them)

The rest is PR bullshit. I can smell it a mile away. As a guy who works with marketing departments every day, this is so obvious, it hurts.

Edited by MotoRacer
  • Like 1

So basically, Kickstarter is rejecting them and ordering them to make a working proto, which they don't have, and they're limping back to Indiegogo? (who I GUARANTEE you aren't giving them any "offers" nor courting them)

The rest is PR bullshit. I can smell it a mile away. As a guy who works with marketing departments every day, this is so obvious, it hurts.

That was actually how it went down last time. The quote that I posted was from last September (and yes, I doubt that any "courting" actually happened, then or now).

Reading over the old quote, I felt a bit more reassured about their chances of making it on Kickstarter. Given Mike's previous history with them (asking them to revise their own policies to accommodate him!!!), I'm sure that Kickstarter won't be going out of their way to treat him kindly or overlook his "prototype" troubles.

• Like 2

There's also a fair chance IMO that they will postpone the Kickstarrter if they don't actually have a working prototype,

Kickstarter require you to explicitly show a working prototype, and they have been getting tough on that lately, like when they booted the Skarp Lazer Razor for not showing an explicit working prototype - even though they eventually had shown a prototype. KS decided it wasn't good enough and booted them despite the KS project having pulled in over $4 million and still going.

Mike and the team must realise that if they don't show an explicit working prototype, that they will get booted. And they must know that if it looks even remotely dodgy, a shit ton of people are going to be scrutinising it and dobbing them into KS. So , if they don't have one, I suspect a postponement may happen. Otherwise they will be walking straight into an almost guaranteed removal by KS.

Edited by vcoleiro1
  • Like 6

Watching WWE right now, makes me think of a special extra special tier edition:

The Kevin Bow appreciation edition:

It's got a 16bit pixel color version of Mike K's face on it with his signature across, and a word bubble paraphrasing Vince McMahon
"It's Me HATERS, It's Me HATERS, It was Me All THE TIME!!!!".

IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!

Edited by RupanIII