IGNORED

Wanted: Atari Jaguar CD Add-On

DanTilly

Hello!

Long time lurker first time poster!

I've always had an infatuation with the early Atari consoles because they were my dads video game systems of choice growing up -- so many fond memories of me playing Dig Dug as a child.

However recently I've turned my interest to the Atari Jaguar system that I remember seeing commercials for growing up. Finding an actual Jaguar system locally was no problem -- some of the games are pricey or expensive but I've made it up to 13 cartridges with a few more on the way in the mail. I have also found there is an amazing Homebrew community that I'd love to start collecting for and participating in HOWEVER most of these require a Jaguar CD system.

All the common avenues (best electronics, myatari) have dried up with units and ebay is riddled with "sealed" or bundled CD units for $500-1000. I don't need anything fancy, I just need a functional system and any games would be a bonus.

Figure this would be the place to ask and even if you don't have a spare system yourselves maybe you know somewhere else to look for one.

I also need plenty of Atari Jaguar games (preferably loose to save money) if anyone can help there either.

PLEASE HELP, ATARIAGE!!!

Thanks

-Dan

• 4 months later...

The Jaguar CD was released in one shipment and in limited quantity (10,000 units is the number being thrown around). You'll be hard pressed to find a cheap, or free, Jaguar CD attachment. What you see on eBay is most likely what you'll have to pay. Of course, there are always those garage sales, retro videogame stores that some towns have and also Craiglist ads, but good luck finding something near you. eBay is the only option, really. It's easier to find a NeoGeo CDZ.

Edited by NeoGeo64

The Jaguar CD was released in one shipment and in limited quantity (10,000 units is the number being thrown around). You'll be hard pressed to find a cheap, or free, Jaguar CD attachment. What you see on eBay is most likely what you'll have to pay. Of course, there are always those garage sales, retro videogame stores that some towns have and also Craiglist ads, but good luck finding something near you. eBay is the only option, really. It's easier to find a NeoGeo CDZ.

While it's a potshot in the dark really but I was always under the impression the numbers circulated were closer to that of 20-25k units from data given online over the years. Either way, it's a really low number. Not sure why anyone would want one of those toilet things anyways ;-)