I am working on a late entry, inspired by my daughter's request to create a video game for her.

The working title is "Mermaid". The objective is to collect treasure and locate the queen's crown along with the key to the underwater castle while avoiding various sea creatures including the shark, octopus, squid and a variety of fish.

The mermaid can protect herself with a "mermaid bubble" (force field) and also has a "speed boost" option to briefly increase her swimming speed.

Once you collect the key and the crown, locate and enter the castle. You need to deliver the crown to the queen before time expires.

Here are several screenshots.

post-34062-0-53632600-1451268888_thumb.png

post-34062-0-46219500-1451268892_thumb.png

post-34062-0-12754600-1451268895_thumb.png

• Like 12

no videos yet, I got a late start (December 1) - trying to iron out a few issues with the creature movement and complete as many sections as I can before the deadline.

Yup. Same here on the late start, like Nov 25+ or something. Will post my game soon, but still trying to iron out details, and still being annoying in haggling on the deadline... :-D Hey, after all, IntyBASIC is not exactly an established art (yet) - it's still new for all of us!

The game looks cool by the way! And if it's anything like Shark! Shark!, all the better. You will do what you'll do, but hopefully it doesn't suffer from, what I call, the "Astrosmash Mega Lives" phenomenon (like Shark! Shark! did too). A game that lets you accumulate, for example, 518 lives loses much of its appeal after a while...

Yup. Same here on the late start, like Nov 25+ or something. Will post my game soon, but still trying to iron out details, and still being annoying in haggling on the deadline... :-D Hey, after all, IntyBASIC is not exactly an established art (yet) - it's still new for all of us!

"...still new to all of us" is overly generalizing since there are numerous people that have been using it since version 0.3 from February 2014 and several released games have been made with it.

I am working on a late entry, inspired by my daughter's request to create a video game for her.

The working title is "Mermaid". The objective is to collect treasure and locate the queen's crown along with the key to the underwater castle while avoiding various sea creatures including the shark, octopus, squid and a variety of fish.

The mermaid can protect herself with a "mermaid bubble" (force field) and also has a "speed boost" option to briefly increase her swimming speed.

Once you collect the key and the crown, locate and enter the castle. You need to deliver the crown to the queen before time expires.

Here are several screenshots.

Some of the best games come from having an inspiration (such as your daughter's request.) If she enjoys the game, you have won, no matter what happens with the contest. I like the idea of skill levels, it can be easy for her or hellish hard for older kids without the older kids having to slog thru a bunch of easy levels just to get to the challenge.

Hi Tarzilla, and greetings to a fellow Canuck. :)

"...still new to all of us" is overly generalizing since there are numerous people that have been using it since version 0.3 from February 2014 and several released games have been made with it.

True. Should have said "many of us", but was thinking that software less than two years old that created a revolution in development for a community that has been at least a decade+ old (from likely way back in with IRC roots), for a platform that is 35+ years old, can be new to anyone. :)

• 2 years later...