IGNORED

Video Game Hell

BassGuitari

Having to be stuck in a room with this jackass! "Mariotehplumber" I used to be an asshole to him in the comment section on youtube and he kept responding threatening messages back to me :lol:

People like this, living in mom and dad's basement... cussing and freaking out about a video game... probably a day away from a meth addiction and having never been laid--- this is what the world thinks about VG collectors, guys. ;)

And my retro hell is pretty much what you guys all said... but I have to add that when you start to have disk and memory issues in your classic computer.... swapping parts, cards, consoles, wires... spending a bunch of dough on 'fixing' it, only to have the problem persist... That is hell, brothers... let me tell you.

I'd give my left arm for a reliable transfer link on my TI-99/4A right now....

• Like 3

In Videogame Hell, the only Doom is the SNES version.

In Videogame Hell, you have all the best Commodore 64 games...on tape.

In Videogame Hell, the collective cacophony of 10,000 Dreamcasts deprives you of sleep for all eternity.

In Videogame Hell, all games are played with a TRS-80 Color Computer joystick.

In Videogame Hell, there are only Bible games.

• Like 5

Having to be stuck in a room with this jackass! "Mariotehplumber" I used to be an asshole to him in the comment section on youtube and he kept responding threatening messages back to me :lol:

I did make a Youtube poop about him not too long ago. (WARNING: Turn down your volume if wearing headphones.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrayc4lFkcE

• Like 2

Atari 2600 Jr with a CX-40 joystick, rusty RF switcbox, 55" Sony/Bravia HDTV, and one full pallet each of Mythicon classics Sorcerer, Firefly, and Starfox. And before anybody asks, there is absolutely nothing else on this deserted island to hook the otherwise gorgeous HDTV up to. And I lay down at night dreaming of how I would kill for a Pacman or ET! :evil:

• Like 2

My video game Hell would be nothing but JRPGs for all eternity. Mindless turn based combat, grinding to level up for millennia, and no visual stimulation other than flat-chested prepubescent girls with gravity defying hairstyles, dressed in bizarrely fashionable clothing that gratuitously exposes their panties in every other scene. Staring into the soft cottony abyss for so long that, after eons untold, it actually starts to look kinda hot. That is my video game Hell.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

That sounds amazingly pleasant compared to any of the other examples you gave. :D

How about a modern high definition console that plays only sports and violent FPS games? Funny thing it actually exists, and Microsoft has released three consecutive consoles so far. Well at least if the advertisements are any indication of what's available. Zero of those fancy games interest me in the slightest. No wonder the Japanese keep rejecting them. Besides MS being an outsider, Nintendo has more fun, and Sony has more variety. Xbox has neither... :P

-Being gifted a new console for Christmas, only to discover the power cable isn't present because it's your birthday gift.

-Being gifted a new console that your TV is incompatible with.

-Playing games with 2-3 overstimulated kids less than 10 years old.

I have done all three. The kids are by far the worst- Before you can get the TV input set and the system turned on, they've changed what they want to play 3 times and thrown a couple dozen of your games on the floor.

How about a modern high definition console that plays only sports and violent FPS games? Funny thing it actually exists, and Microsoft has released three consecutive consoles so far. Well at least if the advertisements are any indication of what's available. Zero of those fancy games interest me in the slightest. No wonder the Japanese keep rejecting them. Besides MS being an outsider, Nintendo has more fun, and Sony has more variety. Xbox has neither... :P

Uh, yeah.. That rant made no sense.

• Like 1

My video game Hell would be nothing but JRPGs for all eternity. Mindless turn based combat, grinding to level up for millennia, and no visual stimulation other than flat-chested prepubescent girls with gravity defying hairstyles, dressed in bizarrely fashionable clothing that gratuitously exposes their panties in every other scene. Staring into the soft cottony abyss for so long that, after eons untold, it actually starts to look kinda hot. That is my video game Hell.

I've heard that the waifu is mandatory after you complete five of them.

b6e_zpsiof9tdqn.jpg

• Like 1

Shelling out money for a very expensive game in order to play it, and then the game won't work because of a dirty cart or scratched disc, and nothing fixes it.

Getting far in a difficult game and then it glitches out so that you're forced to reset.

Getting far in a difficult game and losing your save data.

You're about to beat a really hard game and the electricity suddenly goes out.

You're normally fantastic at a legendarily difficult game, and want to show off your amazing abilities for friends, but this time you're totally sucking and dying left and right. You try to explain that you're actually good at this, while your friend keeps saying "uh huh, sure you are" in a patronizing manner and patting you on the head.

You head into a vintage game store and you're excited to see a wall of NES games, but a closer look reveals that they're all "Top Gun" and "Captain Skyhawk".

Edited by mbd30
  • Like 2

Video game hell for me....stuck in a small, colorless room, no windows, and only enough light to light the handheld trapped with me. The only handheld I have (with its complete library...) is the Tiger Game.com. (We'll go with the Model I) :o :o :o...having 20(ish) miserable games...I'd kill myself within...2 hours or so.

Edited by HandheldGuru
  • Like 1