IGNORED

Video Game Hell

BassGuitari

I think we're starting to go in circles. :)

I'm gonna combine two of my favs. You sit in the Yellow Jacket nest recliner wearing only your boxers, and you are not allowed to get up until you beat the final boss of Cheetahmen II.

Oh, and the screen is Virtual Boy red (green and blue electron guns are busted) and your eyes are pried open Clockwork Orange style while some guy puts saline drops in your eyes...

...only it's not saline but scorpion pepper sauce!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

Video Game Hell is almost identical to regular life, except for one thing.

You'll be playing some platformer game as usual, but about every one in one hundred times - you can never really predict it, though - the jump button just won't respond.

In video game hell, your body is made of pixels instead of cells. Cancer is that horrible graphical corruption that plagued NES games, and your sprite gets it!!!

Ever jump, movement, or attack you execute is one step closer to the hard freeze. In a fate much worse than hell (game over) or heaven (victory credits), your soul becomes trapped in a paradoxical hard freeze that can only be cured with a master reset. And there's no "hell" really. Video games allow for reincarnation of characters by continue or title screen.

However, unfortunate game characters with their bits destroyed by the plague of sprite corruption or deep freeze face the ultimate punishment: Eternal purgatory! :evil:

• Like 3

Getting very far in a cartridge game only to have it freeze up due to a tiny spec on the contacts.

Ordering very expensive games on ebay and the seller mails saturn game cases in an envelope =/

People who will send you a nasty private message after you beat them at whatever online game it may be, I always lose, take yours like a champ and come back for another round.

Being involved in the "best match" of your life when your power goes out (been there) =)

In Video Game Hell, your entire collection is set up at a game convention, and you are forced to watch from an isolation booth as people try to figure out how to use them and assume it's broken or laugh them off as primitive pieces of shit when they can't figure out how the reset button works after five seconds, or do things like pull cartridges out of consoles while they're running, or decide they want to play something else on your vintage computer and put in the disk backwards or just turn it off and on and walk away (LOVE it when they do that with systems that have to load from tape...), or fail to comprehend that BASIC is not MS-DOS or that "help" is not a command in either one, or they let their bored, overstimulated kids just bash on them. :|

Side note: to whoever smashed in the latch on the disk drive in my Compaq Portable at MGC this weekend...get fucked. :mad:

• Like 1

Video Game Hell is when you're playing Atari and get a game over, so you get up to hit the reset button on the console...but then the room stretches out infinitely long like something out of Nightmare on Elm Street!

Ha, I love that scene...if I remember right, the director tried really hard to get the actual Power Glove for that scene (which would have Freddy's famous claws attached, natch) but Nintendo themselves wouldn't give them the license. What a shame, honestly.

UswbpZm.gif

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...