IGNORED

Video Game Hell

BassGuitari

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is hilarious. I didn't get a chance to read through everything, so hopefully these aren't repeats:

I finally receive the 7800 XM, but all the 7800's are broken.

The only game I have is Decathlon and I end up breaking every joystick playing it.

The only TV available has constant screen roll and the sync controls have been broken off.

I'm forced to where headphones and only play online listening to 12 year olds curse and make constant racist and homophobic references.

• Like 1

In video game hell, you only have Mario Party for the N64 to play, but the controllers thumbstick is already busted.

In Video game hell, the only game you have to play is actually HELL on 3DO. (Anyone remember that one?)

Or worse yet, "Plumbers don't wear ties."

In Video Game hell, all those Sealed CIB games you own? Yeah, empty boxes. Better hope no-one ever weighs them.

In Video Game hell, your "toaster" NES behaves like a real one and burns down your house.

In Video game hell, the only place you can ever find games is at thrift stores, and they're always over-priced by about 850%.

In Video Game hell, you walk into the thrift store at the same time as a guy is walking out with the score of the century And you probably only missed it by like 10 minutes.

Edited by Lendorien

Video Game Hell... I'm living it now! People flaking out last minute or not following through with purchases they promised to make good on. Even though they had you hold something for weeks until they got "paid".

And purchasing collectible items from idiots that don't take the time to respect the things you bought to package appropriately.

And purchasing things from people that purposely mislead you by way of description and/or blurry photos as to the condition of their flea market/pawn shop junk.

And being told that what you bought for x amount of dollars is worth nothing and receive a lowball offer. But based on previous and current sales here or elsewhere, you know they're full of shit.

• Like 1

Video Game Hell... is when you purchase a multi-cart or mass storage device for your favorite vintage computer or game system, but then realize (through no fault of your own as NOBODY on the entire interweb bothers to relate a total sum of facts) that hardly anything works with it. And to make matters worse... requires a PeeCee running DOS or Windoze to "translate" the file or disk image into something your favorite vintage computer might be able to make heads or tails out of... but only if you're lucky that day. And the moon is just right. Solar flares down. During the vernal equinox. And salmon nearby swimming upstream. :rolling:

Video game hell is invention and evolution of electronics never went past 1970's Pong stuff so you're still limited to 2 players games on black and white screen or limited to text only games on computers.

Doesn't sound so bad to me, provided there's someone to play with. Otherwise, yeah, that could get pretty boring.

On a related note, I'd sell my left nut to the Videogame Devil for a Computer Space cab*.

(*Which works perfectly and is in excellent physical condition. Nice try, Videogame Devil, but you're not getting my left nut for a broken down heap of shit.)

• Like 1

Doesn't sound so bad to me, provided there's someone to play with. Otherwise, yeah, that could get pretty boring.

On a related note, I'd sell my left nut to the Videogame Devil for a Computer Space cab*.

(*Which works perfectly and is in excellent physical condition. Nice try, Videogame Devil, but you're not getting my left nut for a broken down heap of shit.)

Granted, you gave your left nut for a mint working Computer Space Cab. Unfortunately it requires weird 4 phase 543 volts AC operating at 36Hz to power it so you got no way to play it..

Video Game Hell... is when you purchase a multi-cart or mass storage device for your favorite vintage computer or game system, but then realize (through no fault of your own as NOBODY on the entire interweb bothers to relate a total sum of facts) that hardly anything works with it. And to make matters worse... requires a PeeCee running DOS or Windoze to "translate" the file or disk image into something your favorite vintage computer might be able to make heads or tails out of... but only if you're lucky that day. And the moon is just right. Solar flares down. During the vernal equinox. And salmon nearby swimming upstream. :rolling:

I don't buy any ROM device that doesn't support drag and drop ROMs onto Fat32 formatted SD or Compact flash card. If it requires unsigned drivers or isn't 100% plug and play on a modern 64-bit Windows install, I will not buy it. I am lucky the CopyNES and Retrode works without drivers on 64-bit Windows. Now somebody create an Atari dumper that interfaces with modern PC. Someone is working on a Raspberry Pi Atari dumper that would be cool...

Sorry for going OT non hell-related post. :P

• Like 1

You'd think it was awesome then, having nothing to compare it to! :rolling:

Haha let me rephrase that. The only version AVAILABLE would be the original 2600 version. You would have full knowledge and memory of all the others, from the original arcade to Pac-Man Battle Royale.

In video game hell, homebrewn and hacker community are frowned on and viewed as scammer because everyone who promised new game or new gadget took money and ran like candle who first developed Lynx LCD replacement hack. I believe he still owes some people either the LCD kits or refunds.

• Like 1