IGNORED

How to make PS3 permanently forget a PS3 controller?

Andromeda Stardust

I have a spare PS3 controller I like to use with Ouya and Retro Freak. I got a Pink PS3 controller specifically for this purpose (the two black ones I normally use with the PS3). One issue I noted with my Retro Freak tonight is I have my PS3 controller plugged in via USB, but after using the controller, it always wakes my PS3 when I disconnect it or turn off the Retro Freak. It's super annoying. My PS3 turned on four times tonight. It'sstupid and I do not want my PS3 to turn on when I'm not using it.

Is there a way to permanently unsync my controller from the PS3 so that it will not turn on if I hit the HOME button? Thanks.

I have a spare PS3 controller I like to use with Ouya and Retro Freak. I got a Pink PS3 controller specifically for this purpose (the two black ones I normally use with the PS3). One issue I noted with my Retro Freak tonight is I have my PS3 controller plugged in via USB, but after using the controller, it always wakes my PS3 when I disconnect it or turn off the Retro Freak. It's super annoying. My PS3 turned on four times tonight. It'sstupid and I do not want my PS3 to turn on when I'm not using it.

Is there a way to permanently unsync my controller from the PS3 so that it will not turn on if I hit the HOME button? Thanks.

There should be a small pin hole on the back of the controller. Press it in and it should reset the controller.

There should be a small pin hole on the back of the controller. Press it in and it should reset the controller.

Thanks. I plugged it into the Retro Freak and pressed the tiny button with a paper clip. Now I can hit "HOME" until the cows come home and not wake my PS3. :thumbsup:

I actually figured it out right before I read your post, LOL! :P