IGNORED

Atari 2600/7800 Rapid Fire Gamepads BATCH 2 IS gone

Osgeld

Looking forward to getting this. Whats the time frame till these ship?

Not to side track this thread with my obsession of the English language, but when did it become useful to change "until" into "till"? One less ASCII character? Really? Next up is "is", it will will just be "s".

Not to side track this thread with my obsession of the English language, but when did it become useful to change "until" into "till"? One less ASCII character? Really? Next up is "is", it will will just be "s".

I don't think that's a typing thing, many times people leave out the 'un' in real conversation, myself included.

And you consider that acceptable and would not fail anyone for doing so, if you were a teacher?

Of course there is a difference between an essay and everyday conversation. But yes, I do consider it acceptable. The dictionary on my computer even defines 'till' as a less formal until. I wouldn't call it slang, just every day talk.

True that

Well is a word that's been in use for over 900 years unacceptable?

But it means "a ​drawer where ​money is ​kept in a ​store".

U.S. isn't that old.

EDIT: I am just dicking around, because the English language is so weird and simplistic.

till: "to ​prepare and use ​land for ​growingcrops"

"Interestingly, while it is commonly assumed that till is an abbreviated form of until (the spellings till and til reflect this), till is in fact the earlier form. Until appears to have been formed by the addition of Old Norse und (as far as) several hundred years after the date of the first records for till." - Oxford

Oh and bumpity!

Just received my pair of controllers today. I have tested them on my 2600 VCS & 800 Computer. They work well on both, will test on my 7800 (which is the main reason I purchased these) yet this weekend. Overall I like the feel and response of these controllers. I tested them on Missile Command & Space Invaders on the 800, and several different games on the 2600 using my Harmony Cart and they worked well.

The controllers are very light which will take me awhile to adjust, after all the Atari CX40 is like a tank compared to these. It is to early to decide if these will be my go to controllers but based on my experience with them so far they are in the running for a top 3 position. As a point of reference my Amiga power-stick is currently my go to controller for most games followed by the Atari CX40 for that vintage feel .

maybe, but I am moving in 4 days so its going to be a while before I get set back up

meanwhile if you are into making electronics I will be open sourcing the design files in the next 3-4 weeks (its all on the workbench computer which is downstairs all unhooked in prep for the move)

• 3 weeks later...