IGNORED

My Venture cartridge is locked in hard mode?

VICMODEM

Hello. Before, I was able to beat the second world (the blue world) in Venture. Now I can't anymore because the monsters are too fast. I watched some videos of the game on youtube and I saw that it's not me who got worse at the game, it's my game that got harder. Because in the youtube videos that I saw the monsters in the second world are as slow as the ones in the first world, but on my game they're way faster. Which is weird because I have the difficulty Set to 1 (the easiest). And I know my difficulty switches are working 'cause I just tested them with Astroblast. So is my game broken? Do I need to buy another one?

Uhmmm this is weird because both of my difficulty switches are working... I think my cartridge might be defective. Yes the game runs but that doesn't mean it's in perfect working order. I have a Journey Escape cartridge that boots up and runs but has a glitch where if you hold down the reset switch you can get the game to start with 100000$ instead of 50000, 1:10 time instead of 1:00, and you can even start as a glitched character... My other cart doesn't have that glitch. So this tells me that a cartridge can be defective even if it's working... I guess I'll buy another one.

Well, you obviously know better than the folks here, so, yeah... ask a question, get an answer, and then continue with your own thinking anyway...

Although... just in case you DON'T know better... regarding Journey: Escape... If the game boots up abnormally by holding down the RESET button WHILE starting up the game, it doesn't mean the the GAME is damaged... it means YOU are screwing with the game while it starts up, you see, it wasn't INTENDED to be started up while the RESET button was held down.

You can do that to Space Invaders as well... (and I mean ANY cart, not just a FEW select "defective" carts) and it will allow you to shoot a second shot before the first has gotten off screen. You can can get similar results from hammering on that that RESET button like it gave you orgasms and it will affect the way a LOT of carts boot up. It's been termed as "Frying".... but I'm sure I don't have to tell YOU that now do I?

• Like 1

You don't understand. I have two Journey Escape cartridges. One is glitched, the other isn't. I can play the glitched one just fine, but it behaves weird when turned on and when I push reset to start a game. I'm not intentionally frying it, it already is. Why did I bring this up? Because Ranthulfr said that if the game boots up and runs it shouldn't be defective... So I brought up an example of a game that boots up and runs but is defective.

Whatever. Turns out my right difficulty switch is very finicky and it likes to "switch back" to the A position after a while even if it appears to be set to B (which is why it appeared to be working in Astroblast, as I didn't play it for long. Only played it to test the switches)... So if you didn't come here, misunderstood me, and wasted your time writing a whole bunch of nothingness then I would've probably bought another Venture strongly thinking that my old one was broken... Life can be weird sometimes eh?

Try cleaning your difficulty switches with a contact cleaner like DeOxit. May as well spray the other switches (and cartridge port) while you're at it. With a true contact cleaner... not a lubricant like WD-40. You can then use what's leftover (and you'll have a bunch) to clean the contacts of the games themselves. DeOxit D5, not the fader lube:

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-Deoxit-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451908372&sr=8-1&keywords=deoxit+5