IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Homebrew Wishlist

KidGameR186496

Nice to see Gods mentioned.

Loved this on the ST, but even more so on the MegaDrive/Genesis (weaker title music aside) as it was faster and used more colours.But a simply superb game, no matter the format.

Pity the GBA version was never finished :-(

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DakqXd0fLz9o&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjgqpHm8ovKAhVLthQKHSqaBbwQtwIIITAD&usg=AFQjCNEsnS8VZN2345H7b6Vec5h4VyIn2A

Edited by Lost Dragon

I've always thought the Jaguar really needed an Asteroids 2000.

Maybe someday, some smart group of people will release a game like that for the Jag....

No. No one needs that. Someone will start making a clone of 8 bit Asteroids and then add more colors and then do something nuts like start comparing their production quality with high powered developers like Duranik. lol. Insane.

No. No one needs that. Someone will start making a clone of 8 bit Asteroids Gorf and then add more colors nothing and then do something nuts like start comparing their production quality with high powered developers like Duranik. lol. Insane.

Yeah, funny that.

Chris, time to address this properly, you are making a complete cock-womble of yourself - time to stop.

vrBasic - unfinished, nobody uses it - BEST THING EVAR.

rB+ - still being developed, people using it, producing 60fps games - Oh reboot, what a fucking joke.

Gorf - 8bit clone (and a broken, buggy one at that) - BEST THING EVAR.

Rebooteroids - 8bit asteroids clone - Oh Reboot, what a fucking joke.

vasm - slow as shit, really broken, cant handle DSP/68k code in single segment - BEST THING EVAR.

rmac - Fast, sturdy, reliable, still being worked on - Oh Reboot, what a fucking joke.

I could go on and on and on about your hypocritical bullshit and complete lack of consistency regarding people's works, along with your complete consistency of attacking all things Reboot, but your posts always seem to speak for themselves.

I don't hate you, btw, I pity you - seek some help. You used to really enjoy this scene and get excited about all releases. It's just sad.

Now, I think I'll go off and do something productive which will hopefully result in something else nice for the fine Jaguar community to enjoy (Yes, this community *is* fine, and supportive, and polite, and appreciative) - if you wish to belittle that, then go ahead - Reboot has weathered far worse than the storm in a tea-cup you are trying to stir.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 8

Let's see, Gravitar, Omega Race with spinner control, Demon Attack based on the "Intellivision" version the Atari versions just don't cut it. Star Ship, Berzerk/Frenzy and a working 2600 Emulator.

If you want a 2600 Emulator, you should talk to Bryan - he's over in the 8-bit forums mostly - since he worked on one for Atari before the Jag was discontinued.

• 2 weeks later...

Falcon.

Ballblazer.

Both of those came to mind last night… Both were ported to both the Amiga and the ST.

Re Falcon: you are aware that the Jaguar doesn't have a flightstick nor a keyboard and the game uses approx. 45 different (40 plain keypresses plus 5 control combos) keyboard commands plus the D-Pad? Thunderhawk AH-73M or even F-29 Retaliator would be much easier to shoehorn into the Jaguar.

Re Ballblazer: I doubt Thomas "8bitjunkie" Schulz would be interested in porting his game ("Masterblazer", as his Amiga port was renamed to) to the Jaguar, but of course you may ask him, as he is an active member of this forum IIRC.

Re Falcon: you are aware that the Jaguar doesn't have a flightstick nor a keyboard and the game uses approx. 45 different (40 plain keypresses plus 5 control combos) keyboard commands plus the D-Pad? Thunderhawk AH-73M or even F-29 Retaliator would be much easier to shoehorn into the Jaguar.

Re Ballblazer: I doubt Thomas "8bitjunkie" Schulz would be interested in porting his game ("Masterblazer", as his Amiga port was renamed to) to the Jaguar, but of course you may ask him, as he is an active member of this forum IIRC.

You could play Falcon with a DPad. You could also map out the most common keys/functions to the extra Fire Buttons and the Numeric Keypad while dumping the rest out to a keyboard. I'd imagine the Enhanced Joystick Port could support a keyboard - let's say a PS2-to-EJP connector adapter - and I'd be surprised if nobody has built a PC GamePort-to-EJP adapter yet; they certainly have made PC GamePort-to-5200 adapters.

If "consent" isn't given for MasterBlazer to be ported to the Jag, the ST version could still be done. There's a consensus that the ST version of Ballblazer slightly plays better/faster and is closer to the 8-Bit versions while the Amiga version is prettier and sounds better, but the ST's version could be faster* due to the ST's 68000 being faster than the Amiga's which would be negated on either being ported to the Jag since the Jag's 68000 is faster than both.

I'm a big fan of Ballblazer, especially with its Atari Inc/Lucasfilm parentage. I really wish Atari Corp would've commissioned official versions that would've better taken advantage of their various platforms' abilities. Imagine the ST version having been able to network via the MIDI ports, and a subsequent Lynx version using ComLynx and a Jaguar version using the JagLink/Catbox connections.

*Assuming the 68000 is used more than the Amiga's Blitter. The stock ST certainly didn't have a Blitter to fall back upon and only had a faster CPU to rely on...

I'm going to mention these 2 ST games as hopeful conversions to the Jaguar: Missile Command and Crystal Castles. If only to inspire BigO to get an adapter made for the CX53 5200 Trak-Ball Controller to be used with the Jaguar. That would definitely make Dan Kramer smile as well as all of us Trak-Ball aficionados.

Edited by Lynxpro

I'm going to mention these 2 ST games as hopeful conversions to the Jaguar: Missile Command

You mean, like this?

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareID=2557

If only to inspire BigO to get an adapter made for the CX53 5200 Trak-Ball Controller to be used with the Jaguar.

If it works on a ST, no need for a custom adapter: it will work with Matthias Domin's adapter.

• Like 3

You mean, like this?

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareID=2557

If it works on a ST, no need for a custom adapter: it will work with Matthias Domin's adapter.

Missile Command 3D on the Jaguar isn't Missile Command. The ST version is obviously more faithful to the arcade-original which was Trak-Ball controlled. That's what I'm referring to, porting the ST version to the Jaguar just like with ST Joust and Moon Patrol. I think Atari Corp also ported Robotron: 2084 to the ST early in its life but I can't recall if it supported Dual Joysticks like the Atari 8-bit, 5200, and 7800 versions.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm not seeing an adapter by Matthias that allows the 5200's CX53 Trak-Ball Controller to be attached to a Jaguar. I suppose a CX80 would work on an ST but I didn't have one to test back-in-the-day…I had a CX22 then which I used on my 2600 and 7800 at the time. I do see Matthias did make an adapter to get the 2600 Driving Controller to work with a Jaguar…or STE/Falcon.

Yeah, funny that.

Chris, time to address this properly, you are making a complete cock-womble of yourself - time to stop.

vrBasic - unfinished, nobody uses it - BEST THING EVAR.

rB+ - still being developed, people using it, producing 60fps games - Oh reboot, what a fucking joke.

Gorf - 8bit clone (and a broken, buggy one at that) - BEST THING EVAR.

Rebooteroids - 8bit asteroids clone - Oh Reboot, what a fucking joke.

vasm - slow as shit, really broken, cant handle DSP/68k code in single segment - BEST THING EVAR.

rmac - Fast, sturdy, reliable, still being worked on - Oh Reboot, what a fucking joke.

I could go on and on and on about your hypocritical bullshit and complete lack of consistency regarding people's works, along with your complete consistency of attacking all things Reboot, but your posts always seem to speak for themselves.

I don't hate you, btw, I pity you - seek some help. You used to really enjoy this scene and get excited about all releases. It's just sad.

Now, I think I'll go off and do something productive which will hopefully result in something else nice for the fine Jaguar community to enjoy (Yes, this community *is* fine, and supportive, and polite, and appreciative) - if you wish to belittle that, then go ahead - Reboot has weathered far worse than the storm in a tea-cup you are trying to stir.

What the hell are you on about now? Who was even talking about you?

Now you're hallucinating about vasm and gorf.

Rmac constantly being update huh? As if vasm isn't constantly being worked on by a far better author. As for it not being able to do hybrid files well the download counts suggests people are getting over that. As for the rest you go ahead and keep hallucinating.

And Gorf was done by an author who did that 8 bit game because he wanted to, not because it's the only thing he could do.

Have a good day.

What the hell are you on about now? Who was even talking about you?

Now you're hallucinating about vasm and gorf.

Rmac constantly being update huh? As if vasm isn't constantly being worked on by a far better author. As for it not being able to do hybrid files well the download counts suggests people are getting over that. As for the rest you go ahead and keep hallucinating.

And Gorf was done by an author who did that 8 bit game because he wanted to, not because it's the only thing he could do.

Have a good day.

That's some Liard-level butt-hurt you've got going there, dude.

• Like 2