IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Homebrew Wishlist

KidGameR186496

Obsession Pinball (or does the STE part make any conversion awkward/difficult/impossible?).
Starball Pinball (old shareware ST game, very nice).
Chaos Engine (maybe not necessarily much point when the Amiga / CD32 version looks and sounds and scrolls much more nicely than the ST version).
Andes Attak ST (although that used the mouse, so maybe a bit difficult).

Edited by skip
  • Like 1

Obsession Pinball (or does the STE part make any conversion awkward/difficult/impossible?).

Starball Pinball (old shareware ST game, very nice).

Chaos Engine (maybe not necessarily much point when the Amiga / CD32 version looks and sounds and scrolls much more nicely than the ST version).

Andes Attak ST (although that used the mouse, so maybe a bit difficult).

Dude, I *loved* Starball. It sounded great on both a stock ST and the Falcon. I'm trying to remember if it was any different on the Falcon [or STE].

I think it would be flippin' awesome on the Jag but the Jag does already have pinball games.

Yeah, funny that.

Chris, time to address this properly, you are making a complete cock-womble of yourself - time to stop.

vrBasic - unfinished, nobody uses it - BEST THING EVAR.

rB+ - still being developed, people using it, producing 60fps games - Oh reboot, what a fucking joke.

Gorf - 8bit clone (and a broken, buggy one at that) - BEST THING EVAR.

Rebooteroids - 8bit asteroids clone - Oh Reboot, what a fucking joke.

vasm - slow as shit, really broken, cant handle DSP/68k code in single segment - BEST THING EVAR.

rmac - Fast, sturdy, reliable, still being worked on - Oh Reboot, what a fucking joke.

I could go on and on and on about your hypocritical bullshit and complete lack of consistency regarding people's works, along with your complete consistency of attacking all things Reboot, but your posts always seem to speak for themselves.

I don't hate you, btw, I pity you - seek some help. You used to really enjoy this scene and get excited about all releases. It's just sad.

Now, I think I'll go off and do something productive which will hopefully result in something else nice for the fine Jaguar community to enjoy (Yes, this community *is* fine, and supportive, and polite, and appreciative) - if you wish to belittle that, then go ahead - Reboot has weathered far worse than the storm in a tea-cup you are trying to stir.

I've read all of this and I have just one question. Which one of the wombles was cock womble?

Anyone suggested Stardust yet? I just saw that on YouTube. Damn impressive on the STE. The graphics still seem slightly better on the Amiga original but the STE audio sounds better even if the Amiga version's is louder and a tad by more, hmmm, how shall I describe it…dynamic?

The quality of the STE audio even made me consider that it might've been possible to have made the audio in Blasteroids sound as good as the arcade original had there been an STE enhanced version. I didn't think the PAULA came close at all in the Amiga version to the arcade original.

Edited by Lynxpro

Anyone suggested Stardust yet? I just saw that on YouTube. Damn impressive on the STE. The graphics still seem slightly better on the Amiga original but the STE audio sounds better even if the Amiga version's is louder and a tad by more, hmmm, how shall I describe it…dynamic?

The quality of the STE audio even made me consider that it might've been possible to have made the audio in Blasteroids sound as good as the arcade original had there been an STE enhanced version. I didn't think the PAULA came close at all in the Amiga version to the arcade original.

Yep, why not. I'll port an Asteroids game right before finishing Rebooteroids off.....

• Like 6

Yep, why not. I'll port an Asteroids game right before finishing Rebooteroids off.....

Sorry 'bout that. Got carried away over that Youtube vid. Didn't mean to possibly offend.

As for the Epyx Championship Wrestling above…seems like a knock-off of Mania Challenge although operating in super-slow-motion. Almost as bad as the official 7800 port. I'd imagine the reason why Epyx didn't port it - and other Epyx games - to the Lynx was they were running out of money.

What about Leatherneck? It might be somewhat fun if the port kept the 4-player mode via the Team Tap as has been done with Gauntlet 2. Game-wise, it's definitely a knock-off of Commando and Ikari Warriors but with 4-players. I don't see a lot of difference between the ST and Amiga versions although the Amiga audio sounds like the ST version but with PAULA effects layered atop it.

Any love for Jim Power - Mutant Planet? I think it's proof the Rolling Thunder ports to the ST and Amiga could've been a whole helluvua lot better than they were.

Sorry 'bout that. Got carried away over that Youtube vid. Didn't mean to possibly offend.

As for the Epyx Championship Wrestling above…seems like a knock-off of Mania Challenge although operating in super-slow-motion. Almost as bad as the official 7800 port. I'd imagine the reason why Epyx didn't port it - and other Epyx games - to the Lynx was they were running out of money.

What about Leatherneck? It might be somewhat fun if the port kept the 4-player mode via the Team Tap as has been done with Gauntlet 2. Game-wise, it's definitely a knock-off of Commando and Ikari Warriors but with 4-players. I don't see a lot of difference between the ST and Amiga versions although the Amiga audio sounds like the ST version but with PAULA effects layered atop it.

Any love for Jim Power - Mutant Planet? I think it's proof the Rolling Thunder ports to the ST and Amiga could've been a whole helluvua lot better than they were.

Leatherneck has no game in it.

Jim Power is horrible. I had to play it to the end when I fixed it for the Falcon. I'm never playing it again.

Another +1 for Rolling Thunder, eh? :D

• Like 1

Thanks for all these great ST ports CyranoJ. Loving IK+ at the moment.

It would be great to see Oids on the Jag if possible.

But what about these games come to mind.

Vroom.

No Second Prize. (if that could be possible)

Defender of the Crown. (spent too much time playing that. sad i know but true)

Nebulas

Thanks

• Like 1

Leatherneck has no game in it.

Jim Power is horrible. I had to play it to the end when I fixed it for the Falcon. I'm never playing it again.

Another +1 for Rolling Thunder, eh? :D

It must be in the zeitgeist because someone posted a pic of Jim Power for the Turbo Duo yesterday in a Facebook group. I think someone else said it was a homebrew and then another person said they played it on the SNES. The comments were that the game was a "budget-title" on the various computer platforms. Personally, it looks too pretty and sounds too good to be a budget-title. Does it suck because it's derivative or is the joystick mechanics as bad - or worse - as Dalek Attack on the ST*?

Not that Dalek Attack's sucktitude is limited to the ST. The C64 version is unfair where it sticks you in a room against Daleks as you walk in. The Amiga version's controller mechanics seem to be on parr with the ST version. Maybe that game might actually play better with a DPad than with a joystick, come to think of it.

Edited by Lynxpro

It must be in the zeitgeist because someone posted a pic of Jim Power for the Turbo Duo yesterday in a Facebook group. I think someone else said it was a homebrew and then another person said they played it on the SNES. The comments were that the game was a "budget-title" on the various computer platforms. Personally, it looks too pretty and sounds too good to be a budget-title. Does it suck because it's derivative or is the joystick mechanics as bad - or worse - as Dalek Attack on the ST?

It's the worst possible kind of suck.

The technically ok but not a single byte of game play or fun or enjoyment to be found sort of game. Oh, and the controls suck too. It's almost as if the entire essence of what would make it fun has been filtered out and then microwaved until no life remained. Imagine 'I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 9' would be if it was a platform game. It's that bad. How this made it past testing without someone, somewhere, saying "Hey, this is full of suck!" I don't know. Maybe even the testing people sucked.

• Like 3

It's the worst possible kind of suck.

The technically ok but not a single byte of game play or fun or enjoyment to be found sort of game. Oh, and the controls suck too. It's almost as if the entire essence of what would make it fun has been filtered out and then microwaved until no life remained. Imagine 'I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 9' would be if it was a platform game. It's that bad. How this made it past testing without someone, somewhere, saying "Hey, this is full of suck!" I don't know. Maybe even the testing people sucked.

Thought you were discussing Checkered Flag until I saw the word "platform." Then I thought it was about Bubsy.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What about porting some Atari Falcon games such as:

Beats of Rage : a least one beart-up one the Jaguar

Blum : seems to quite a chalenging but cute plateformer

Boom: seems an okay shoot

Crown of Creation 3D : Does it acutally exist on the Falcon ?

H2O: a little bit of relexion

Des lasers &des hommes : seems to be a nice fps + it is an abandonware

Lamazap: you never have enough jeff minter

Conquest of Elyseum 2: seem to a cloen of Heroes of Might & Magic, I personnally can't say no to a game like this

Moon Games: seems to be a cnice F-Zero clone

Racer & Racer 2:

Radical Race: seems fun

Running : a doom-clone which seems ok

Or amiga port such as :

Dispensable Hero : a nice Side scroling shootter (but please add some continues)

Fightin' Spirit: this would be tyhe best fighter on the Jaguar, it just need to be added more detph into the gameplay such as pro-controller support and fix the frame rate