IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2016

Pixelboy

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: The software revision of Knightmare has officially passed the testing phase. The ROM was tested for many hours on real hardware and my team of testers didn't encounter the crash/reset bug even once. So whatever Eduardo did, it seems he fixed the bug for good. :)

I will be able to start a recall operation later this month, in parallel to shipping orders of the upcoming Team Pixelboy releases.

Since I haven't found a job yet, I hope I can convince all the owners of Knightmare to pay for shipping their defective carts back to me. The electronics inside these carts are fully and easely reprogrammable, so I can reprogram the defective Knightmare PCBs with other ROMs later. If I can ship the replacement cartridges together with the Team Pixelboy orders of most people, then replacing the defective carts will be done at almost zero cost to me. :)

• Like 4

So the new games to be released in February will be:

- Super Pac-Man

- Caos Begins

- Majikazo

- Knight Lore

- Mappy

- Rally-X

- Mecha-9

- Operation Wolf

I've been waiting years for a good port of Rally-X. I guess I can wait a few more days for orders to be open. :)

He wants to reuse the PCB that has the broken version of Knightmare with another game, like the new homebrew that is coming out, since the PCB can be rewritten. He'll send you the fixed version of Knightmare cartridge along with your order to save money.

Correct. This morning I got the ball rolling on a brand new batch of Knightmare PCBs (with the corrected software) and I'll be assembling them into cartridges and shipping them as replacements. When I get the defective carts back, I will recycle them into other games later this year.

• Like 1

I've been waiting years for a good port of Rally-X. I guess I can wait a few more days for orders to be open. :)

"wait a few more days for orders to be open"? What exactly are you waiting for? Rally-X and all my other upcoming games have been up for pre-order since last summer!

"wait a few more days for orders to be open"? What exactly are you waiting for? Rally-X and all my other upcoming games have been up for pre-order since last summer!

Oh? I often miss these things. Oh, well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Correct. This morning I got the ball rolling on a brand new batch of Knightmare PCBs (with the corrected software) and I'll be assembling them into cartridges and shipping them as replacements. When I get the defective carts back, I will recycle them into other games later this year.

I wonder if this is one of the defective Knightmare carts that did not get shipped back to team Pixelboy...

eBay Link

If so, this is a pretty messed up move.

I wonder if this is one of the defective Knightmare carts that did not get shipped back to team Pixelboy...

eBay Link

If so, this is a pretty messed up move.

I haven't contacted all the people who bought Knightmare last year, so this seller may not be aware that his copy is defective.

The good news is that I'll be contacting everyone of them later today.. ;)