IGNORED

Original Nintendo boxcover painting for F-117

MBates

Hi!, I currently am running an auction on Ebay...I am selling a painting that I did for Nintendo, it was commisioned by Nintendo and it became the actual boxcover for the game. In the early 90's, I created several paintings for boxcovers for a number of game companies. This is the first one that I'm releasing for sale...You can check it out on Ebay at this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-...

post-44875-0-42438300-1451662520_thumb.jpg

post-44875-0-63584200-1451662533_thumb.jpg

Edited by MBates
  • Like 2

Hi!, I currently am running an auction on Ebay...I am selling a painting that I did for Nintendo, it was commisioned by Nintendo and it became the actual boxcover for the game. In the early 90's, I created several paintings for boxcovers for a number of game companies. This is the first one that I'm releasing for sale...You can check it out on Ebay at this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-...

Awesome looking painting! Good luck with the sale.

Did Nintendo of America specifically commission you or was it Microprose or a subsidiary agency of Microprose?

For sure it wouldn't have been Nintendo unless it was a 1st party project.

Either he was a freelance artist working with an ad agency that Microprose hired for their packaging design or if Microprose had enough work to justify an art department as an employee of the Microprose art department.

Yeah I know, I just wanted to call the original poster to task on his original statement. I imagine anything done for Nintendo 1st party the project would be done entirely in-house and rarely if ever be for sale to the general public.

Nintendo did on occasion hire agencies for illustration projects. The original art is rare but does pop up on ebay from time to time.

I don't know how much of a coincidence it is or not, but the poster's nephew put photos of the work on Reddit the same day this post was made:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3z18cf/my_uncle_is_an_artist_and_illustrated_video_game

I would love to have the F15 Strike Eagle art... But it will obviously be out of my price range.

Edited by thanatos