IGNORED

What 5200 games are you playing right now?

sramirez2008

Hello All!!

I finally got around to joining this amazing site! Everyone seems so nice which is refreshing. Grew up with the 2600 and I loved it but I was always jealous of my buddy that had a 52...so now that im 45 I bought my own and its as amazing now as it was then! Got one on Amazon complete in box all original 4 port and what a black beauty! Not a mark on it! Anyway...games im playing: Pac Man (what a frustratingly awesome version!), Joust, Qix and of course Countermeasure! I bought space dungeon but havent tried it yet. I need a 2nd controller I think.

• Like 1

Hello All!!

I finally got around to joining this amazing site! Everyone seems so nice which is refreshing. Grew up with the 2600 and I loved it but I was always jealous of my buddy that had a 52...so now that im 45 I bought my own and its as amazing now as it was then! Got one on Amazon complete in box all original 4 port and what a black beauty! Not a mark on it! Anyway...games im playing: Pac Man (what a frustratingly awesome version!), Joust, Qix and of course Countermeasure! I bought space dungeon but havent tried it yet. I need a 2nd controller I think.

Welcome to the club and congrats on your 5200! You've already picked up a few of my favorite games (Qix, Countermeasure and the 5200 exclusive...Space Dungeon). Due yourself a favor and get a second controller and Controller Holder. Space Dungeon is a twin-stick game, just like Robotron. Check ebay and you'll easily find a Robotron cart with Controller Holder for sale. :)

BTW, get Defender if you can. The 5200 port is amazing and works really well with the 5200 joysticks.

Sramirez, thanks for the tip on the controller holders. Ill have to look into that. I just got defender the other day and I was blown away by the job they did with that port. Sick game. My next purchase will be Miner 2049er. My buddy had it on the 800 and I was hooked. Dont know if its as good on the 5200. How many games u got for the 52?

I have an Atarimax (really worth the money - see link below) and the following actual carts:

Defender

Jr. Pac-Man

Qix

Robotron - CIB

Space Dungeon

Tempest (Excellent game, especially with the Trak-Ball controller)

Xari Arena (Excellent too, especially for 2 players with 2 Trak-Balls. Love the game play and colors...lots of colors)

Zaxxon 32K

Link to Atarimax Multicart: http://www.atarimax.com/5200sd/documentation/index.html

Here's a picture of my controller holder: post-21941-0-15478600-1459697406_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yup, I have a laptop caddy that I can place on my lap and place the Controller Holder on it. The bottom of the controller holder has grips, to help keep it from sliding.

I've tried Defender with the TB, but I honestly like playing it with the stock controllers. I use the TB with Missile Command, Centipede, Tempest, Xari Arena and Blowsub (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247919-blowsub/?hl=+blowsub). -- Thanks to AA member playsoft.

The 5200 TB controller is solidly built. All they usually require is some cleaning and your good to go. I followed the advice of AA Member CRTGAMER on how to clean mine. Here's a link to his repair guide. http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=726298#p726298

This link also provides a nice write up on Tempest 5200.

Thanks CRTGAMER. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Been rocking ALOT of Joust! As if my profile pic couldn't already give away my love for Joust. Also recently got River Raid and Space Dungeon!!!! River Raid is alot of fun with the 5200 controller since it makes controlling the plane a tad harder than the 2600 version. Space Dungeon rules but I really need a holder haha chasing my controllers all over my lap sucks >.<

I searched locally for a looong time and finally gave in to eBay. I picked mine up as a CIB with Robotron. I already owned a lose copy of Space Dungeon.

Keep searching and good luck. Every now and then, one will show up lose on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...