IGNORED

Need Valuation/Rarity for Atari Jaguar Games/CD games please, thanks

Niitestalker

Hey everyone,

Anyone know where is the best way I can get perfect advice based on rarity and price wise on Atari Jaguar games that are official and homebrews.
I got a whole bunch of items I would like to get them valued.
Ebay wont be as much help just yet because I have high end rare games and homebrews that many collectors are chasing. Many of these games rarely pop up on ebay as there so hard to get.

Heres some photos.

I will be ebaying these shortly (could be few weeks from now) like 1 item at a time incase big collectors need time to save up to spend on these as youd know these are pretty expensive when it comes to it.

Thanks in Advance

post-44887-0-65040400-1451755456_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-28209300-1451755463_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-64615100-1451755469_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-45006200-1451755476_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-69849100-1451755482_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-31214300-1451755489_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-61992300-1451755495_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-33423500-1451755500_thumb.jpg

The system and CD expansion CIB can nab $500 on the low end, I'd gather, depending on completeness and condition. If they're in great shape expect almost twice that. World Tour Racing I see for around $200 on occasion, maybe a bit more. Battlesphere can go for anywhere from $400 to $800. Some of the limited stuff like Impulse X and Another World are difficult to put a price on because resale scammers are always gouging people on eBay, but typically they go for about $80-120 if one is willing to be reasonable. Are you looking to sell these? There are several I'd be interested in off the bat!

• Like 1

Trooper - question also about battlesphere you said 400-800, is that USD or?

Oh guarantee I will be selling em on ebay prob in few weeks time, Im in Australia but will have WorldWide Shipping available.
I will not list all the items at once to stop collectors not get what they want, as people may have a certain budget every week or 2 so yea trying to be fair.
it will be all individual sales.

Also I have some Signed editions btw by Orion himself.

Jaguar Collection cartridge 1/20
AMR Original cartridge 3/4 (not the rerelease one)

post-44887-0-76061600-1451764378_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-26199500-1451764398_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-12572400-1451764423_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-80446100-1451764444_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-99597900-1451764460_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-46536200-1451764474_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-68061000-1451764493_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-56424700-1451764521_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-01326700-1451764548_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-62388600-1451764574_thumb.jpg

The Songbird and Telegames releases are still readily available new. Why anyone would pay $200 USD for games like WTR or Towers II is beyond me when you can still purchase the games new for $70-100. Similarly, several of the betas and protos that were once available on JSII are now being made by B&C. Check out the Songbird Productions, Telegames.Uk or B&C Computervisions sites for current pricing.

I agree with Trooper that the CD/System combo goes for around $500 CIB. You see them listed for more but they either sit there or the sellers accept a much lower offer. You might do better offering the CD and the system seperately in a bundle with a few common games that would otherwise be difficult to sell.

Battlesphere is all over the map but $400-700 is about right for regular; $600-$1000 for BSG.

In my view, homebrews and betas are really tricky to price. If it were me, I would do reserve auctions rather than BIN or Make An Offer, setting the reserve at what I considered a fair price. Then let the market decide. If someone snipes it at higher than your reserve, you've done better than expected. If it doesn't hit your reserve, the market has told you something about your expectations.

I dont like auctioning items because first of all, im from Australia, different time zones, If I try and end it 3pm my time it will be 3am in USA. so there we go, people miss out, vice versa from any country,

If I list it buy it now then everyone can see and whoever has the money will buy it, I dont mind sitting on these items for along time,
Also as battlesphere can be up to 800 USD well I need to convert that to AUD so right now says $1095, and because I have alot of rare and expensive items that hardly pop up on ebay so therefor I rather list it for say $900 USD and thjen take offers and see what high offer I get or maybe quick money etc. or someone may click buy it now,

also my account - ebay i list all items buy it now.

What is up with that iron soldier box art? It looks different, no?

Just don't add a T handle to any of this

:-D Love this comment.

They're only worth what someone is willing to pay. Start all auctions at $1. What they end at is what they're worth.

I disagree with your third sentence. Setting a 7 day (or 10 day or whatever) auction for a rare item that doesn't come up too often is not the best mechanism to determine value. You have plenty of prospective ebay buyers who don't have any advance notice of your auction, perhaps they don't sign into ebay for a week, perhaps they don't use saved searches and only search for the rare item sporadically and miss it during the window your auction is listed <- all of this has happened to me as a buyer searching for rare items.

To Niitestalker - you easily have somewhere between $1K and $2K worth of rare and semi-rare items in great condition here. There is so much here, it would be significant work for me or someone else on the forum to tell you an opinion for value of each individual item. Here are some suggestions if you want to start doing the legwork for your own valuations:

I would first make an itemized list of these items, then search for recently completed sold listings on USA ebay (auctions and BIN's) to get an idea of some of the highest prices people were willing to pay for them recently. I suggest USA ebay as your reference since I feel like this ebay in particular would have the greatest number of people searching for jag stuff and the greatest amount of jaguar completed items to look at. This should give you decent recent valuations for most of the retail games and hardware. For the rare third party releases and homebrew that might not pop up on ebay much, I'd search to see if any of it is still for sale somewhere, such as by B & C Computervisions, Best Electronics, Songbird, Goat Store or other online stores. If the games are still available easily, I would consider listing with a value around those prices. If the games are not available for sale and they haven't appeared on ebay for awhile, I would consider looking at the value of a game that is similarly situated in terms of production quantity and whether it is a CD versus a cartridge (cartridge always = premium), as a minimum value for a hard to find super rare game, you could always think of what you yourself paid for the game. Finally, you could search this site for other user's historical sales in the forums. Battlesphere doesn't come onto ebay that regularly, but when it does, there is great discussion of it and an indication of what the price was. You could use that historical info from the discussion for your valuations.

I disagree with your third sentence. Setting a 7 day (or 10 day or whatever) auction for a rare item that doesn't come up too often is not the best mechanism to determine value. You have plenty of prospective ebay buyers who don't have any advance notice of your auction, perhaps they don't sign into ebay for a week, perhaps they don't use saved searches and only search for the rare item sporadically and miss it during the window your auction is listed <- all of this has happened to me as a buyer searching for rare items.

Yeah, and 2 years from now someone just getting into Jaguar collecting might pay even more for one of those items. And maybe 6 months ago after someone got a work bonus they'd pay more than they will when the OP puts these things up for auction. There are many variables, at the end of the day when the seller is selling the items, they're worth what someone is willing to pay. I see this all the time in memorabilia auctions that I follow, an item may sell for X amount in one auction, the buy puts it back up for auction 3 years later and it sells for less than what he paid. Sometimes more. That's the nature of the these sorts of things.

• Like 1

Hey everyone and thanks for your responses.

I am guaranteeing selling these up.
I bought it from a resell point of view. I actually honestly to god dont know what there worth,
Yea I have tried ebay but not much luck of course on the rarer titles and thats where I dont know how much they sold for in the past.
Yes I know of ebay.com USA one since Australia has not much jaguar items lol
For the amount I paid for this lot is real cheap, Yes the seller knows what they were selling it for but in the end they were still okay because they dont have the time to ebay and sell individually and this way he just sold it to me cash in hand on pick up.

im not here to start with anyone but then again, as I have NO IDEA/CLUE what an Atari jaguar console does and etc thats why im asking here, I didn't know this site until i googled it.

Well whoever is interested I will be slowly listing these 1 by 1 on ebay from the 20th January onwards only a few I will sell local to a friend or 2.

I thought I can get some easy answers with values by ppl knowing what theyve been selling for as you guys have been in the atari jaguar for a while but thats fine im happy to do my own research.

Well nothing else for me to keep asking for since we will leave it as that but all I have to say is watch ebay, it will be up from the timeframe onwards unless I decide between now and the 10th as im going on holidays then after for a week ish.

By the way if someone knows this person Lee C from Australia/Perth thats who I bought it off, if your his friend or know him or talked to him in the past on this forums or elsewhere well thats where I bought his whole collection.

and thats why im here asking all the above topic questions/valuations etc.