IGNORED

Need Valuation/Rarity for Atari Jaguar Games/CD games please, thanks

Niitestalker

Half the problem you will have is sending high value items via courier. Let's say you sell battlesphere for £500. Stick that value on a customs docket and see how much they'll have to pay in import duties. I know for a fact you'll send it insured as well.. Good luck with your auctions but I doubt you'll get anywhere near as much interest as you think you will.

• Like 1

Something still isn't adding up for me. That's a meticulous collection. Ere not talking about some random assemblage of games that someone just wants to dump off.

Maybe this guy was a good friend, maybe he's dying, but it's difficult to believe that anyone would sell of this collection cheaply just to be rid of it.

• Like 3

Something still isn't adding up for me. That's a meticulous collection. Ere not talking about some random assemblage of games that someone just wants to dump off.

Maybe this guy was a good friend, maybe he's dying, but it's difficult to believe that anyone would sell of this collection cheaply just to be rid of it.

Yeah... that's a good point. I wonder if it was stolen?

Theyve been kept in nice and perfect condition over the years.

They are in Box protectors so to avoid damage. I can always show photos of the box, insides, manuals etc etc.

Gorf is prob in a different casing. as we can see its green.

Considering the way the collector kept the collection, that copy of Gorf is probably a fake and the previous owner just downloaded and burned a copy.

I'm with Madman, go with auctions. If you put too high of a BIN price on some of the items, they will just sit there and not sell and not generate that much interest. Auctions can generate excitement and get people into a bidding frenzy.

So some of you guys are still not believing me, what If I showed you txt messages from few days ago as proof between me and the seller negotiating and selling off his collection to me.

I paid cheap as, If you want to know then I can show you the photos stating from start to end which isnt much.

The problem is Yes im a reseller, as in I own a Retro Game Shop myself down here, so with me reselling these items as I hear day in day out ive got nice items, expensive ones etc then thats where I would RATHER sit on the items on ebay as a buy it now, have OFFER Available option on so incase im listing battlesphere for 800 USD which is right oin the dot, then I could hear ppls offer out and someone may offer nearby my price example 750 USD which ill then consider, if I do bidding then it can go low in price then that sucks so thats why i rather buy it now.

my current ebay account has got items on it and some items are highly priced but I sit down and wait for offers because when the time is right I get the perfect offer ive wanted all the time.

Well the seller wanted to sell it all in a heartbeat so doesnt matter what you guys reckon, doesnt matter how awesome the collection is, the seller wanted to sell it.

And this is why retro gaming prices are sky rocketing. It's not about passing deals on to community members anymore, it's about getting as much as possible for any given item, even if you have to wait months for a sale to happen.

Agreed. It's not even about trying to run a reasonable business anymore through hard work, but instead people scooping up Ebay or other local deals and then immediately relisting them and asking long time community members to do all of their research and pricing work while they pocket massive profits. I mean this guy admitted that he paid almost nothing for this stuff, but he wants to maximize his profits and isn't even open to non-reserve auctions as that won't guarantee him all of the money he believes he is entitled to. On the positive side, I have yet to see one of these "retro" game stores last for more than a few years as the owners are generally greedy and don't understand their own business or clientele and end up losing it all.

• Like 3

Agreed. It's not even about trying to run a reasonable business anymore through hard work, but instead people scooping up Ebay or other local deals and then immediately relisting them and asking long time community members to do all of their research and pricing work while they pocket massive profits. I mean this guy admitted that he paid almost nothing for this stuff, but he wants to maximize his profits and isn't even open to non-reserve auctions as that won't guarantee him all of the money he believes he is entitled to. On the positive side, I have yet to see one of these "retro" game stores last for more than a few years as the owners are generally greedy and don't understand their own business or clientele and end up losing it all.

Getting OT here, but hey it's the Jaguar forum, 95% of our topics go OT. There's a local retro store near me, been in business years and they actually are very fair on pricing. I talked to the owner about pricing once and he said he prices things at what they're worth, not at EBay gouging prices. And they're doing very well, I even got some NOS 7800 games for cheaper than any online retailer, so it is possible to run a fair business, it probably just takes more legwork.

Edit: And to CPUWIZ, I agree. I get it. The OP is entitled to do whatever he wants with the games. It's just sad to see this hobby turn into that. It should be a hobby, not a career, but that's just my humble opinion.

• Like 3

So some of you guys are still not believing me, what If I showed you txt messages from few days ago as proof between me and the seller negotiating and selling off his collection to me.

I paid cheap as, If you want to know then I can show you the photos stating from start to end which isnt much.

Nightstalker, no one thinks you're lying. We can see the pictures. I have all the same games, and a couple more that you are missing. What we're interested in is how you came about these games. You say you got them really cheap... I'm very interested in HOW MUCH you paid for them. I will hold nothing against you if you paid $100 bucks for the whole lot and sell it for $20,000... we're just curious.

It's just very intriguing how a collection, which has a lot of the rare home-brews, came into the hands of a reseller that owns a game shop. What was the story... did the person come in desperate and needing to sell the games because of a family emergency, was he/she just totally over the Jaguar and didn't care... did his wife take them in the night and sell them because she thought her husband was playing games and not spending enough time with her... questions???

How does someone have this kind of rare stuff and not have any hint of a clue to its value? It's not a box of combat carts found at a garage sale.

My advice is to search Sold eBay listings over the last year.

Kind of a good question... my thought is that either the guy was desperate and didn't care what he sold them for... or the person who sold the games to the reseller had stolen them.

I have seen people stop collecting very quickly and then want to purge their collections without carefully selling each item over time. Reasons would vary and depend on why people are collecting in the first place - but generally it's either an "I've completed the collection and I was only collecting for the sake of creating the set rather than use the items" or "the collection is something that has begun to rule my life and my finances and I need to purge it before it does my life more harm/start a clean slate"

I have seen people stop collecting very quickly and then want to purge their collections without carefully selling each item over time. Reasons would vary and depend on why people are collecting in the first place - but generally it's either an "I've completed the collection and I was only collecting for the sake of creating the set rather than use the items" or "the collection is something that has begun to rule my life and my finances and I need to purge it before it does my life more harm/start a clean slate"

Sure, I've done that repeatedly on here, getting rid of a bunch of systems... and sometimes just giving them away. But I'd never do that for a system that I was investing heavily into homebrews... that just doesn't happen, not like this, and not "quick."

I'm just interested in the "story" behind it... because clearly, someone who has all these games would be someone who posts on Atari age... so who is it? If this person died, I'd like to know that too because that would be sad.

What we do know is that he got this set from the same person who won Cedric's 3rd auction (or second from the last as the case is). That would be item number: #281682042646, which sold for 155 Euros to a person named "m***a ( 1688iconRedStar_25x25.gif)"

eBay obviously obfuscates the names, but we could always ask Cedric who the third person was... unless there's some desire for anonymity.

It would just be nice to know if in fact the person who sold the collection to Nightstalker, was the legitimate owner of the collection and had the right to do so.

I think Lee used to post at JS2 he was one of the few Australian Jag collectors aside from Serblander if I remember correctly. I also find it odd that someone who collects such specific items would just toss them away but you never know what can occur to someone.

• Like 1