IGNORED

Need Valuation/Rarity for Atari Jaguar Games/CD games please, thanks

Niitestalker

This Lee guy seems to be one extreme masochist: It's the ultimate reverse-pleasure to collect it, paying huge money, and next just abandon it like trash. Maybe he all of a sudden saw the absurdness in collecting games he never would play. Maybe he is by now into collection Magic the gathering cards or stuffed animals... Or he all of a sudden met the love of his life, getting rid of his "ex" ms Jaguar. =)

I got rid of my NES collection like it was trash. It never worked. Never played it, and when I did I didn't like it. I felt kind of sorry for the guy that bought it, and he felt sorry for me. I just didn't care and he who bought it got super happy finaly getting the Punch out version without Mike Tyson in it (Mr White or what ever instead). Yes, it can change pretty fast. I agree with that I like collecting games, find them´, bid, win and get them by mail. But I would never care for reselling them. It's just not my kind of fun or worth the effort imo.

Edited by Atlantis

Is everything a conspiracy theory with Jag fans? Honestly. If this guy stole a large Jag collection (or bought a stolen collection), with limited edition items, do you really think the first place he would come is a forum dedicated to the Jaguar where the owner would be monitoring to see if his stolen stuff popped up?

I got rid of my NES collection like it was trash. It never worked. Never played it, and when I did I didn't like it. I felt kind of sorry for the guy that bought it, and he felt sorry for me. I just didn't care and he who bought it got super happy finaly getting the Punch out version without Mike Tyson in it (Mr White or what ever instead).

I believe that was "Mr. Dream". Before the Mike Tyson version, Super Macho Man was the final boss.

Is everything a conspiracy theory with Jag fans? Honestly. If this guy stole a large Jag collection (or bought a stolen collection), with limited edition items, do you really think the first place he would come is a forum dedicated to the Jaguar where the owner would be monitoring to see if his stolen stuff popped up?

After all of the other Australian fakes in the last few months it pays to be cautious. I wouldn't put it past one of them to come to the jag forum just to dick with us... Especially as that very scenario was suggested in the back and forth in that thread.

photo-6732.jpg

I cannot express enough how excited I am for this return. As comic-book guy once said... there is not an emoticon to properly convey my excitement.

I value this collection at approximately $3.77. Maybe $4.77 if you toss in a cookie with it.

If you hit the turbo switch, it'll be worth $8.77.

I'd written a loooong reply and my laptop hard crashed for the first time in probably six months. Sucks to be me. I'm not writing that out again. In summary.

1: I'm in AU but don't post much. I've been in and around the Jaguar scene for 20+ years...hell, I got a shout out on the Mad Bodies site for giving the author grief on JI II (I have no idea what that was about *shrug*). I know Serby (personally) and many other Jag and retro gamers / collectors. The 'scene' here is growing, but there's a core group of us Australia wide who've been into this stuff for 20 or 30 years...it's a shame none of us happened upon this collection. Who got rid of it and why - I dunno. Maybe it's this Lee bloke. Don't think I know him.

2: I'd buy roughly half of this in a heartbeat. In one big go. Shipping to me would be cheap ;) But the seller has made it clear he wants to go the individual item and eBay route. That's cool too. I'll be keeping a very close eye on eBay and will very likely grab some stuff I don't have.

3: I could easily spend three or four or more hours itemising and giving my value on things, but as was pointed out earlier, if it's all going for profit then I think it's the reseller's job to do it. Between work and study my life is pretty busy and I'd normally charge $60 - $100 an hour to do someone else's research for them. Seriously though, and I think this is a problem with the Jaguar and retro scene in general, I could suggest prices (based on current retail for new stuff, or price guides I've developed for friends and myself) but if the seller has it in his head that a game is worth $X when it's being sold for $Y new elsewhere (where X >= Y), then by all means he can go for it. I wish the seller the best of luck in his sales. BUT when WTR, Robinson's Requiem, Skyhammer etc etc are all being sold new, I personally think an asking price of ~10% to 20% less than what the *new* games are being sold for is appropriate and probably the best strategy to move stock the quickest. I suggest he check the goatstore.com, eBay sold (not listed, not asking price, SOLD price) items, and even myatari.com and www.best-electronics-ca.com

As I said in #2, I'm very, VERY keen on some of this stuff, but I'll wait and see how it all goes. I'm patient. I recently grabbed two boxed new games locally (which is quite rare in itself) for less than half the standard ebay *asking* price. Given that for many of the older games were manufactured in numbers that probably approach the total number of Jaguars sold, I think it's well overdue for the Jaguar reseller / second hand market to shift toward more realistic pricing levels.

And that's the brief version of what I wrote earlier ;)

Edited by skip
  • Like 4

I could easily spend three or four or more hours itemising and giving my value on things, but as was pointed out earlier, if it's all going for profit then I think it's the reseller's job to do it. Between work and study my life is pretty busy and I'd normally charge $60 - $100 an hour to do someone else's research for them.

... this is such a good point!

• Like 1

I know it shouldn't bother me, but this Niitestalker has got me super irritated on his methodology. He comes in, asking for values on items that are tricky to value (no problem there). But when he gets his numbers (say, Battlesphere at an estimated 250.00 to 700.00), he shoots back by saying he's going to list at 800.00 OBO, and rejects anybody's offers to buy right now at a reasonable (and instant) rate (which he still would get a huge profit!). This guy is basically the type of person that I believes has destroyed retro gaming for the casual gamer, WAY MORE than the people who make repros or the people who buy and hoard games for themselves.

Edited by bender3455
  • Like 2

I know it shouldn't bother me, but this Niitestalker has got me super irritated on his methodology. He comes in, asking for values on items that are tricky to value (no problem there). But when he gets his numbers (say, Battlesphere at an estimated 250.00 to 700.00), he shoots back by saying he's going to list at 800.00 OBO, and rejects anybody's offers to buy right now at a reasonable (and instant) rate (which he still would get a huge profit!). This guy is basically the type of person that I believes has destroyed retro gaming for the casual gamer, WAY MORE than the people who make repros or the people who buy and hoard games for themselves.

Maybe it's all bull shit? Maybe it's just some weird dude who wants to show off his collection and get an idea of how much hypothetical money he has?

What we do know is that he got this set from the same person who won Cedric's 3rd auction (or second from the last as the case is). That would be item number: #281682042646, which sold for 155 Euros to a person named "m***a ( 1688iconRedStar_25x25.gif)"

eBay obviously obfuscates the names, but we could always ask Cedric who the third person was... unless there's some desire for anonymity.

It would just be nice to know if in fact the person who sold the collection to Nightstalker, was the legitimate owner of the collection and had the right to do so.

That's the number for the first auction. It did indeed sell for 155 Euros

THIS http://www.ebay.com/itm/281697996966 is the 3rd auction and it sold for 306 euros

This is he guy that posted on face book jaguar fans a few wks back. This type of greed ruins it for people that are passionate about Atari systems.

This guy and fiends are the people that made gamers' cartridge collections into pure goldmines.

15 years ago I had an add out on internet that said I wanted to sell my neo geo system with eight games (I changed my mind like the second after) and this guy called me up around 10 years ago saying he wanted to buy all of it. He said he was a police and that he wanted to buy this system for his kids as a fun gadget to play with for a good price, acting like it was any ordinary game system, and I said no after listening to him a while, and gave him the suggestion to pick up a NES or something instead. Six month later he called again with a new role to play. This time, with the same voice but new name, he said he was in the act of building a video game museum and wanted to by the neo for that, and if I could help him with that. I played along for a while, then said that I had changed my mind and that it was not for sale. A couple of months after that he called a third time, but before he got into his acting (i regret I didn't listen to it) I told him right of that IT'S NOT FOR SALE, KAY! He never called again. Creepy guy.

I wonder what they do for the money they gain, lie farting at some beach I guess or buying the latest and biggest tv set. Weird people.

Edited by Atlantis

I think Lee used to post at JS2 he was one of the few Australian Jag collectors aside from Serblander if I remember correctly. I also find it odd that someone who collects such specific items would just toss them away but you never know what can occur to someone.

Hey, possible sounds right,

His the one prob because his a atari jaguar collector.

Well he wanted money too and he wasnt playing them much often and wanted to sell up.

To be honest ive never dealt with ataris much but I had a nintendo collectiojn and other stuff so 1 day I decidded to sell up too, this was only 1 year ago and a bit, then after as im selling few items only I decided well let me know own my game shop and share amongst community and make money too as I buy and sell packages and individuals from ebay or the australian fb groups or gumtree etc.

Well Its come down to that point now that very very soon they will be listed on ebay, Dont believe it. well its going up soon.
look it doesnt matter who or where I got it from, in the end, if your a collector and you need a specific item or 2 in your collection then youd check ur pockets and if enuff then to buy it.
I bought it for such price, and im selling it. this isnt a show off as such,
Collectors want money for bulk lots at once so they ask resellers as always. what price they want is what they ask, and up to the buyer to agree with that price or haggle.

I have a full SMS conversation between me and the seller but there is no need to provide that information when im just here for a valuation, so if your after battlesphere and its worth XXXXXXXX then i just wanted to know rather me selling it for XX and kill myself or XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX over price it, because if ur wanting it for ur collection, u may be very well interested to spend the right amount for it because example, its ur LAST piece or near there.....

All I asked for is some help really, I know my nintendo stuff as always but just atari isnt that common.

Good luck everyone, and items may be listed soon or in a week or 2 time.