• SCOOBY DOO
    • JETSONS WAY OF WORDS
    • MR BASIC MEETS MR BYTES
    • MELODY BLASTER
    • FLINTSTONES FUN WITH NUMBERS
    • SUPER NFL
    • GAME FACTORY
    • NUMBER JUMBLE
  2. 2. ECS INTEREST CHECK . WOULD U LIKE TO SEE MORE ECS GAMES FOR THE ECS SYSTEM

3. 3. INTEREST CHECK. WOULD U LIKE TO SEE MORE INTELLIVOICE GAMES

4. 4. INTELLIVOICE INTEREST CHECK TO HAVE QUEST AND SPACE SHUTTLE FINISHED AND RELEASED . WOULD U LIKE TO SEE

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Now since all the unreleased/unfinished Mattel games got released, Thanks to all that were involved to make it happen.

What's the one that u most play or like to play, i LIKE THEM ALL, i am very happy. The ecs game collection is complete and finished.

Just curious and try to draw more interest to see if and programers or collectors would like to see more games for the Ecs and intellivoice.

Quest and space shuttle are last unfinished Mattel games.

I would like to see someone finish these and release them some day. About you?

Thanks To rev and Dave, and others that we have some new Ecs/ intellivoice titles now and over the years.

Edited by atari5200dude82

I would love to see an ECS hockey game with the following:

* Curved corners in the rink

* Zamboni clearing the ice between periods

* Penalty shots

* Overtime (no ties)

* Fighting

* Option to pull goalie for extra attacker

I am sure others could add to this. You could call it Super NHL Hockey.

• Like 1

Then all 8 of us with an ECS could play it. :) might as well add internet connectivity also since we are so spread out across the planet. :)

* Penalty shots

* Overtime (no ties)

* Fighting

The ECS wouldn't add anything to the game options you mentioned. That could be done with the hardware as-is.

It would be cool to have Intellivoice support for the Super Pro sports titles though. Now that I think about it, since the Intellivsion sports were so iconic, I wonder why they weren't added except for ECS Baseball.

* Penalty shots

* Overtime (no ties)

* Fighting

Shouldn't that be "Flintstones Keyboard Fun".

edit:

Pulling the goalie for an extra attacker in hockey would be one too many moving objects for Intellivision. Just fixing the bugs in Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey would be nice.

Edited by mr_me

I would like to see more ECS games. Even though it has more games than the Intellivoice, the ECS is underutilized as a gaming accessory.

So with the advanced programming/games being done these days, just what exactly would using the ECS gain you?

- 2k of RAM, is this really a needed benefit these days?

- are there extra sound channels available since it had it's own sound chip?

- 4 player games

- computer keyboard support in games

- musical keyboard support in games

Anything thing else that having an ECS would be useful for?

the non-existent 64k RAM add-on module may be a good benefit. Do we have any schematics for this, so we can make some of our own add-on memory modules?

This poll shows that there were two types of people buying ECS games.

Nerds got Mind Strike and jocks got World Series Baseball.

Back in the '80s (or early' 90s) when I bought my ECS I got Mind Strike at the same time. I wasn't quite nerdy enough, so Mind Strike was a bit beyond me. But I am not really a sports fan either, so maybe I should have gotten Scooby-Doo instead.

Edited by fdr4prez

My Dad and I would play Mind Strike all the time. We still talk about it. I gave him an Ultimate Flashback (RaspPi) for Christmas and he was just telling me last night about how much he loved Mind Strike. The Christmas that I got Mind Strike, I remember reading (devouring) the manual in the car on the way to my Aunt's for Christmas, learning how to program Max and Gus, lol. I'd love to see a modern version of this on the iPad where I could post with him remotely on Game Center or something.

Edited by jbellanca
  • Like 1

We had the ECS as my Dad felt burned the keyboard component never came out and was hellbent on making the intellivision into the family computer. I had Scooby-Doo, Played it a ton, Mr Basic and World Series, which I played with an intellivoice for years. Never understood the negative reviews for World Series I have read, but that could be my own nostalgia. I remember it being on par with some nes baseball games. I also had the synthesizer but no melody blaster.

It would appear that wezz all be ain't having' none of dat writen n numberin luring' softwor stuff around dez here parts dag burn it...we don'ts needs no educaten!

This is a tough poll for me........I never play my ECS games. I am sure I am missing out on some good ones. I think I will try Mind Strike, it does sound cool. Baseball I have played, but has a tough learning curve so to speak.

What else are great games for it? I think my goal this year is to play more and still collect everything if I can do that! :thumbsup: