IGNORED

Signed 3/4 AMR Atari Jaguar by Cedric - Valuation please

Niitestalker

Hey everyone

I have this Alice's Mom's Rescue atari jaguar game on cartridge and CD too.
It has been signed by the maker of this, im confused and wanting to know who signed it and made it, like is it Orion or someone else?
Im asking because im a total noob of atari jaguar stuff and I came across this from someone local to me which I managed to buy.
on the cartridge is says for , well thats the person name that was sent to. so in a way also states 3/4 which means 4 copies out there max if Im correct but then limited edition ones of this AMR was released and sold so wondering the difference,

also whats more rarer.
what does someone value this right now?
also comes with the AMR CD game on jaguar too

any help will be great.

post-44887-0-01906000-1451762501_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-98133900-1451762547_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-10560800-1451762583_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-62386200-1451762599_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-50655800-1451762613_thumb.jpg

post-44887-0-33782000-1451762630_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone

I have this Alice's Mom's Rescue atari jaguar game on cartridge and CD too.

It has been signed by the maker of this, im confused and wanting to know who signed it and made it, like is it Orion or someone else?

Im asking because im a total noob of atari jaguar stuff and I came across this from someone local to me which I managed to buy.

on the cartridge is says for , well thats the person name that was sent to. so in a way also states 3/4 which means 4 copies out there max if Im correct but then limited edition ones of this AMR was released and sold so wondering the difference,

also whats more rarer.

what does someone value this right now?

also comes with the AMR CD game on jaguar too

any help will be great.

Is this one of the 4 games that he ended up selling in the beginning? (before the full release of the game on cartridge?)

I have Alice's Mom's Rescue!, and the one that I have is 4 of 10 and comes in a clear cartridge.

This must be one of the ones where you could bid on it on eBay and he would put a special message in the build.

You should put the cartridge in and see what it says.

To answer your question... the game JUST came out less than a year ago on the Jaguar. There are still copies available that you can get. I myself have two copies (I always buy a spare of the home brews). I would guess $200 at this point... but again, it probably depends on what the custom message says.

I had thought that when / if I bought that eBay edition, I would have had something generic coded in there, rather than... "Todd is awesome..." or something...

Hey ^^

Yes this is one of the 4 games in the beginning being sold on ebay.
You prob have a later release by someone else that you bought from. not from Orion directly.

Yes this is one of the special message built in for the buyer.

I actually managed to get in contact with Orion asking him about this - more info, and this is what he replied me with just yesterday,

Hello,

Yes I made 4 cartridges of Alice's mom's Rescue, one for me, and 3 that I auctioned on Ebay.

Those 3 cartridges have been signed on the back and numbered.

Also, each of this 3 cartridges have a special boot screen that was personalized for the auction winner.

So they have a special message that the winner of the auction told me to show on screen while the game is loading.

At the end of the year 2015, someone made another run of alice's mom's rescue cartridges (about 110 copy) but these have not been signed, nor numbered, they don't have a special message and the box/sticker is completely different.

Regards,

SO in a way, we all know this is rare but thats why im here asking values, and I appreciate your $200 suggestion because that could be it.

Hey ^^

Yes this is one of the 4 games in the beginning being sold on ebay.

You prob have a later release by someone else that you bought from. not from Orion directly.

Yes this is one of the special message built in for the buyer.

I actually managed to get in contact with Orion asking him about this - more info, and this is what he replied me with just yesterday,

Hello,

Yes I made 4 cartridges of Alice's mom's Rescue, one for me, and 3 that I auctioned on Ebay.

Those 3 cartridges have been signed on the back and numbered.

Also, each of this 3 cartridges have a special boot screen that was personalized for the auction winner.

So they have a special message that the winner of the auction told me to show on screen while the game is loading.

At the end of the year 2015, someone made another run of alice's mom's rescue cartridges (about 110 copy) but these have not been signed, nor numbered, they don't have a special message and the box/sticker is completely different.

Regards,

SO in a way, we all know this is rare but thats why im here asking values, and I appreciate your $200 suggestion because that could be it.

Actually, I'd say a personalized copy to someone else is worth a lot less. It's like buying a book someone has scribbled their name on.

• Like 1

If orion goes on to become a celebrity game developer, then these scribbled-on carts might be worth $plenty.

Until then... same as usual, anything from original price all the way up to whatever some eBay crazies think on any given day.

Be warned though - if you're not selling from the US on eBay.com, your chances of seeing those higher values are much slimmer. That's where the majority of those willing to throw around $stupid reside, and a number of them don't ever trust filthy FORNERS.

• Like 1

Actually, I'd say a personalized copy to someone else is worth a lot less. It's like buying a book someone has scribbled their name on.

Yeah, I kind of agree...

If orion goes on to become a celebrity game developer, then these scribbled-on carts might be worth $plenty.

I think he was talking about the personalized message on the cart (not Orion's signature). If the personalized message on the boot-up says:

"To my gay lover Steve, I love you! Kisses, Frank"

... then it might be worth less to a potential 3rd party that is neither Steve, or Frank.

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 2