IGNORED

Signed 1/20 Jaguar Collection Atari Jaguar by Orion - Valuation please

Niitestalker

(oh and by the way, you can download the rom of this cartridge for free on my website http://onorisoft.free.fr/jag/jag.htmcd version available too)

And then dump it to a cart/CD, that looks just as good and plays the same, for your personal collection,for less than $20 and one hour of your time.

No one in their right mind would pay as high as they did in that auction, when the content is available for free.

(Time to send $20 to Orion_, just because he is awesome).

• Like 1

mmh I guess I might sell some of my Jaguar stuff one day, might be worth some bucks...

attachicon.gifImage1.jpg

(oh and by the way, you can download the rom of this cartridge for free on my website http://onorisoft.free.fr/jag/jag.htmcd version available too)

There is a strong argument for the fundamental irrationality of markets here, so I'll take the role of a bullish television pundit and suggest you hold onto that collection. If the current trends hold steady, the valuation of that collection will increase so much that you'll be able to trade it in for a new car in 4 years or a new house in 7 years.

I'm mostly kidding, but it really is astonishing to see the value of readily-available software skyrocket like this.

No one in their right mind would pay as high as they did in that auction, when the content is available for free.

Yep, I seriously doubt about this final price, because, even when I made an auction for personalized Alice's Mom's Rescue cart, with custom named boot screen for the auction winner, the highest bid was 4 times less than this final price.

And only 4 cart was made. (one that ended up in this seller's hand by the way ...)

The highest bidder bidding history seems to be lots of cars stuff, and not much video games, it's weird http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=172134961147&aid=m***s&eu=&bidtid=1521962732007&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 2

He also has a auction for

***ULTRA RARE*** IRON SOLDIER ATARI JAGUAR BOXED GAME CIB AS NEW! POST WORLDWIDE

Talk about misleading... isn't this one of the most common Jaguar games behind maybe Cybermorph?

He did start the bidding at $1, it's not his fault that the bidders are dumb.

It's only up to $6, so they're not as dumb as Niitestalker (lerky9) looks for writing ***ULTRA RARE*** on his auction.

• Like 1

That price was insane...I can't imagine any reason why somebody would pay that for that game...might as well save for a copy of Battlesphere Gold when one becomes available. I think we're living in the price bubble right now...eventually, the people most interested in these games will become less and less interested in them and the demand will become almost nonexistent. It's like people who had tons of old Magic cards in the late '90s and they're worth squat now because the majority don't really work well in the modern game so there's no demand.

(Time to send $20 to Orion_, just because he is awesome).

I don't know if it's you but I just received 22$ on my onorisoft email (which is not my paypal email btw)

Thank you very much but I cannot accept such money in return of nothing. :)

I might team up with someone to produce more cartridges, if we are doing this, everyone will be informed here on AA :)

• Like 5

That price was insane...I can't imagine any reason why somebody would pay that for that game...might as well save for a copy of Battlesphere Gold when one becomes available. I think we're living in the price bubble right now...eventually, the people most interested in these games will become less and less interested in them and the demand will become almost nonexistent. It's like people who had tons of old Magic cards in the late '90s and they're worth squat now because the majority don't really work well in the modern game so there's no demand.

To the benefit of homebrew devs, the prices are attracting additional attention from speculators and people who wouldn't other wise buy the games, so they are able to sell more copies of their work (or price them higher, or sell super-limited versions, or whatever).

It'll be interesting to see whether people lose interest in collecting for older systems. I personally think carts and systems will cease to function first though :P Especially now that gaming continues to become more popular and more a part of peoples lives.

I don't know if it's you but I just received 22$ on my onorisoft email (which is not my paypal email btw)

Thank you very much but I cannot accept such money in return of nothing. :)

I might team up with someone to produce more cartridges, if we are doing this, everyone will be informed here on AA :)

No problem, I will just have to settle for another copy of Alice's Mom's Rescue. To give to a friend of course. :)

Thanks for considering another run of your collection cart!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...