IGNORED

ColecoVision Flashback Controllers, are there other kinds I can use?

lockar

To directly connect another controller... No, you can not do so. You have to stick with the controllers that came with the CVFB.

However, there is an interface being developed that will allow you to use other controllers with the CVFB, but it has not been completed yet. Watch this forum for an announcement by the developers, I think it was Aladdin Enterprises.

Yup it's coming from Edladdin Controllers. There is this...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243254-awesome-new-adapter-comming-from-edladdin-controllers/?p=3387811

and the Seagull CV adapter...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243254-awesome-new-adapter-comming-from-edladdin-controllers/?p=3350665

Word is that there will be a kickstarter campaign starting January 19th to fund these projects.

I make and sell Nintendo and Sega controllers modded for use on the flashback. You can check out my eBay page below.

http://stores.ebay.com/videogamecontrollermods/ColecoVision-Flashback-/_i.html?_fsub=1119815919

I also make Nintendo and Sega controllers for the regular ColecoVision.

The only way to get a controller to work for both is with an adapter, because the two controllers work differently.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies! I hope a decent joystick can be made for the ColecoVision that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :/

=hugh

I just wanted to point out that the ColecoVision Flashback controllers are not directly reflective of ColecoVision Controllers. They're a bit smaller, the button and keyboard response is different (and in the case of the buttons, reversed), and the controller shaft is much shorter. While the original ColecoVision controllers are hardly the models of build quality or ergonomics, I do personally find them much better than the Flashback controllers. If you add a balltop mod to the original ColecoVision controllers, I then find them to be excellent.

• Like 1

I just wanted to point out that the ColecoVision Flashback controllers are not directly reflective of ColecoVision Controllers. They're a bit smaller, the button and keyboard response is different (and in the case of the buttons, reversed), and the controller shaft is much shorter.

Oh now wait a minute... The trigger buttons are reversed on the ColecoVision Flashback controller? :|

Oh now wait a minute... The trigger buttons are reversed on the ColecoVision Flashback controller? :|

Yep. They weren't aware of the mix-up until after it went into production, which is why the game descriptions I wrote in the manual reference the original control methods (I didn't have access to the hardware when writing them - I was basing it off the obvious presumption that it would work the same). It's a crazy mix-up too, because I know for a fact they had a real ColecoVision on hand (I sold them one of mine).

Yep. They weren't aware of the mix-up until after it went into production, which is why the game descriptions I wrote in the manual reference the original control methods (I didn't have access to the hardware when writing them - I was basing it off the obvious presumption that it would work the same). It's a crazy mix-up too, because I know for a fact they had a real ColecoVision on hand (I sold them one of mine).

Wow, now there's a blunder for the history books. :roll:

Do the Edladdin and other such adaptors (which allow connecting non-stock controllers to the CV Flashback) fix this error?

I make and sell Nintendo and Sega controllers modded for use on the flashback. You can check out my eBay page below.

http://stores.ebay.com/videogamecontrollermods/ColecoVision-Flashback-/_i.html?_fsub=1119815919

I also make Nintendo and Sega controllers for the regular ColecoVision.

The only way to get a controller to work for both is with an adapter, because the two controllers work differently.

This is a great option. I did the mod last night to one of my Genesis controllers and it sure is nice! I was using a Sega master controller but the directional pad wasn't perfect and was turning into quite an annoyance. Too bad because it is comfortable.