IGNORED

Your Favorite Mario Party?

Hello everybody, today I have a simple question: what's your favorite mario party game: 1 through 10? Actually, its more complex than that. It would be cool to hear two answers: what is your favorite game, including biases like your first mario party, a favorite gaming party or experience, etc, as well as which game you believe is all around the best, unbiased.

I personally had the most fun with Mario Party 8 because it was my first even though some other entries in the series were way better. I'm exited to hear your answers! :-D

I know a played a Mario Party game once... It was on Gamecube... The board had a big Shy Guy on it... I think...

So I vote for Sonic Shuffle... but that game has WAY too many load times and the CPU takes FOREVER to take it's turn... So I don't even vote for that one...

Why did I respond to this topic?

Because... ACCIDENT!!!... that's why.

*EDIT: Dude... you have a looooong signature... it's like... longer than... i dunno... something really long...

Edited by Torr

*EDIT: Dude... you have a looooong signature... it's like... longer than... i dunno... something really long...

Haha I haven't seen my signature in a while because I was on vacation and viewing this on my phone, which doesn't show signatures. Now seeing in on my computer, it is really long lol.

Tough question. Out of 1-10 the only ones I don't have are 3 and 6. I do remember thinking 2 was a vast improvement over 1, but as for the rest, they are all great fun with the family. We just got MP10 and really enjoy the Bowser Party mode, with the person using the gamepad playing as Bowser and trying to wreck everyone else's day.

For anyone who likes mini-games, I can also reccomend both N64 Pokemon Games. There are about ten great minigames on each and the only reason I would ever own them. Fusion Frenzy on Xbox is also very fun.

Edited by Chuck D. Head

I'll be damned...

I thought I'd be the one weirdo to say something like "I vote for Sonic Shuffle".... but apparently very few like these games... I've just never played any...

But so far we have so few responses (only 7), and together the consensus seems to be "...eh"

Why the hell did these keep getting made, and why are copies so expensive?

Edited by Torr

I have the best memories with 1 + 2. That's high school days, with 3 friends, playing epic 50 turners, with bong hits to start and at half time (25 turns).

3 is actually REALLY good imo (better than 1 or 2) but I never got a true four player experience with it, and any true Party Player will tell you two player party is kind of a joke.

I skipped all the wii ones. I skipped any that needed a mic as well. I think I have one or two for the GC but not sure which ones...that should say something.

NO game caused such heated issues for my friends and I as the 64 ones. The Mario Party motto we coined was "Alliances will be made. Friendships will be broken".

People would show up at my house and reserve spots hours ahead of time for "tonight's game". The "fifth" guy was ALWAYS pissed. (but he got to play Bloody Roar in the corner on the PS so it was kind of OK)

Like TPA5, I have also seen some (light, in my case) physical violence result.

I have seen someone in a 2 v 2 game throw a mini-game to deny their own teammate enough coins for a star next turn. That someone may or may not have been me. :twisted: We had BIG discussions on the "ethics" and "sportsmanship" of Mario Party that night.

I have seen someone decide to HELP someone ONLY to SCREW another player.

I also saw my buddy lose the game on the last turn via one of those SUPER cheap star swaps that can happen via ! spots. He got up, pulled out his controller, and walked out without saying a word. But he was back in a few days!!!!

• Like 1