IGNORED

Game Of The Year 2015

vprette

Game of the Year 2015  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is your choice for Game of the Year 2015?

• Boulder Dash
    • Ms. Pac-Man
    • Takeover
    • Copter Command
    • Brickout
    • Flapee Bird
    • Princess Quest
    • Piggy Bank
    • Number Jumble
    • Game Factory

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I just woke up and my calendar says it's the first day of February. The polls must be closed by now, and the vote should be official. As I look at the results, I see...

PIGGY BANK won!!! Congratulations to BBWW and all those pesky "People Familiar With The Matter"!

-dZ.

Wrong. Unlike you, I wasn't sleeping when California was into February 1st and Ms. Pac Man was ahead.

Don't waste your sour grapes in here only, there's another contest you can ruin with more poison over in the programming forum. Go ahead and let us know how illegitimate it is there too. :roll:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248593-and-the-winner-is/

I think this was a close contest and people appear to have been very passionate about the two top titles. In the end, there can be only one. And if it was Ms. Pac-Man, then Congratulations to Carl!!! :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

To be honest, I have seen this (the next) drama coming - two games declared the winner with the poll authority absent.

How should it run differently in the Intellivision forum, which is plagued by personal differencies and running battles...

I really do not care who won, Piggy is the one I saw ahead when I woke up this morning (and still is), so I thought it was official.

Like I said above, if it is instead Ms. Pac-Man, then congratulations to Carl Mueller, Jr. instead. Both games garnered a passionate following that was vying head-to-head for the trophy. All things considered, that's a good thing to have in this community. :)

But I agree with you, if Piggy were declared officially, I'm sure we'll hear more nonsense about fake votes and sour grapes. :roll:

Edited by DZ-Jay

To be honest, I have seen this (the next) drama coming - two games declared the winner with the poll authority absent.

How should it run differently in the Intellivision forum, which is plagued by personal differencies and running battles...

I'm just reporting what I saw. If some consider that 'poison' that's for others to decide.

When two people quarrel, a third rejoices: Contratulations to the Game of the Year Award for Boulder Dash!

But we may learned a lesson: Better organization in the future. I may told that in the past, I can't remember exactly, but if we would have PUBLIC votes, we could follow who voted when. Maybe not in a poll, maybe via writing down your vote. Even if we won't do it public that would be good in the future, because endless polls produce situations like we have now.

Plan B: No GotY Awards anymore. I would miss the catfight, but in fact these awards are not very meaningful.

Edited by Ignorama