IGNORED

XBox for Console Emulation. What can it hold?

Got my Modded XBox back and I have to say I am really intrigued by the SNES emulator and games. I am one of the people who jumped straight from NES and Gameboy to the Playstation so I have very little experience with SNES or it's library but now having every ROM right here on the XBox is causing me to really appreciate that system and era. I pretty much missed the entire fourth generation of consoles due to my terrible working hours in the early nineties and having a girlfriend who needed tons of attention :) Seems some really cool stuff was on that platform.

• Like 3

I never knew it could read original discs! Is there a CD-I emulator?

Yes I've been playing SegaCD and TurboCD games for years on it. I own neither system, but several original games! PS1 games work too from disc. There's no CD-i emulator, but there is 3DO although I don't remember using it much yet.

• Like 1

Got my Modded XBox back and I have to say I am really intrigued by the SNES emulator and games. I am one of the people who jumped straight from NES and Gameboy to the Playstation so I have very little experience with SNES or it's library but now having every ROM right here on the XBox is causing me to really appreciate that system and era. I pretty much missed the entire fourth generation of consoles due to my terrible working hours in the early nineties and having a girlfriend who needed tons of attention :) Seems some really cool stuff was on that platform.

Which emulator are you using to run the SNES games? Coinops, zsnesxbox or Snes9xbox?

Which emulator are you using to run the SNES games? Coinops, zsnesxbox or Snes9xbox?

SnexXbox It is working great but the 7800 emulator ain't workin' for shit . I have it loaded with a full romset of VCS and 7800 games but everytime i try to play one it says "No Header. Will have to be configured manually press B button" and when I press the B button it just goes to a menu where u choose PAL NTSC and other useless stuff. Im at a loss on how to play the Atari games.

Try and find 7800 roms with the .a78 extension (they have headers)..

Also what version of A7800x are you using? The earlier version had some bugs in the A7800 cart CRC detection so it was a little brain dead on headerless roms.

You can get the latest emulators here..

https://tinyurl.com/oy6emnk

Maybe your friend can walk you through replacing the version on there.

I have a modded Halo Edition Xbox with the xecuter 3 chip and a 500 gig Hard Drive. It has all the emulators from Atari 2600 to N64 including Mame and Neo Geo even the handhelds. And I have over 100 xbox games burned onto it. I never really cared much for the xbox back then as I was more into the Playstation 2. But once I found out what you can do with an original Xbox, I had to get it. Highly reccommended.

• Like 1

Two consoles that I missed out on back in the day were the SNES and the TurboGrafx-16. Both of them hit me like a hammer when I saw them emulated on the XBOX.

Very very cool.

TuroboGrafx-16 has some nice shooters and pretty decent sound/music for a system of the time. It even had a CD addon.. the CD games are worth checking out (unlike the Sega CD :lol: ). Technology wise the system fell somewhere between the NES and the SNES/Genesis.

SNES has a lot of good RPG style games and of course there are the popular platformers ( SMBW, Yoshi) and greats like Mario Kart and Star Fox. Although I suggest setting the core used to 1.42 for games using a custom chip ( SMBW, Yoshi, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Megaman 8?, etc). The sound is better with the 1.53 core but it can slow some games down and thus it is better to use the older 1.42 core.

For example.. people say the 1.53 core is better for Konami games (If you like the sound/music).

Edited by Shannon