IGNORED

2 Colecovision Prototypes. ( 1984 CES Carts )

Scooter83

My friend sold me these 2 carts over the weekend. Told me were from a large lot from the 1984 CES show in June of 1984, They wasnt expensive but kinda cool and figured Id share these with the group. I was told the B.C. Quest For Tires was hand spray painted for the show ( also has a small sticker under the cart label) This label doesnt look anything like the Canadian or US label variation , while the 2010 has white lettering with some white label under it. Either way enjoy.

67410_10156509867060651_5890160678216492

• Like 1

BC Quest for Tires so far i havent. but I still need to hook it up to a color tv with sound. As for as the other one I have nothing to compare it too. There was an old post about some Barry collection these were 2 other ones that wasnt taken during the big buy out that one of the other Atari Age members had bought. There was some 1984 CES binder or book. that I would love to put with this. cause all i have to link these 2 carts to the 1984 CES is one guy saying it was and some Barry collection guy who had a huge collection of Colecovision stuff. Not enough for me to document this like I would like. If I could find pics or scans of the book to link these to the 84 CES it would be awesome. I believe the guy I bought em from but it always help to have the documentation in order. Historical reference is helped with documents. Had I known this guy sooner maybe I could have bought a few more for my collection.

• Like 2

+1 to the concept of gathering supporting documentation!

There may be some press coverage of the June 1984 CES that discusses the new ColecoVision releases; this would not authenticate your specific carts, but it would certainly help if you can establish that these two games debuted there.

My friend sold me these 2 carts over the weekend. Told me were from a large lot from the 1984 CES show in June of 1984, They wasnt expensive but kinda cool and figured Id share these with the group. I was told the B.C. Quest For Tires was hand spray painted for the show ( also has a small sticker under the cart label) This label doesnt look anything like the Canadian or US label variation , while the 2010 has white lettering with some white label under it. Either way enjoy.

Thanks for sharing! Would you be able to take some screenshots of gameplay and/or dump the ROMs for the community to share? We don't get much in the way of protos for the ColecoVision these days.

Are you saying that the cart itself was spray painted? As in black? If so, what color was the cart before it was spray painted (if you can tell)?

One last thing--does your friend care to sell any more from this "large lot" that you speak of? Would love to see some more CV protos released!

• 3 weeks later...

These were the last 2 . A guy on here bought most of them with the CES documentation and made reference in the post about my carts. About as close as I can get to documenting so far. Same seller to him was to me and I bought the last 2 that were left. Game play seems to be the same. Looks like yellow might been added after the label applied is what I was told but couldn't tell you either way. I'll be home Feb 10th please remind me to take pics when I get home. I tend to forget and just picked up possibly 2 new atari 8 bit computer prototypes to research also.

Not quite the documentation you're asking for, but this article mentions Grog's Revenge which I presume is the ColecoVision version since all the other titles in the same article are exclusively Coleco related. However the article says it would be released by Sierra, not by Coleco themselves as was the case, but worse misunderstandings have happened before.

http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/03.html#ECN3-2