IGNORED

Announcing Berzerk for CV!

Kamshaft

Haha, sure I would be happy to try :)

It's not 100% mint but it's pretty nice ;) such a fun game!

I can make it look mint in Photoshop! LOL Take a look at the original Colecovision boxes, I need the same angle, and HIGH RESOLUTION!

Edited by Kamshaft

I can make it look mint in Photoshop! LOL Take a look at the original Colecovision boxes, I need the same angle, and HIGH RESOLUTION!

Cool I figured as much anyway, and the size it will be on the box, and shape mine is in I don't think you will have much to do.

I will be in touch when I have a chance to do it. I have some professional photo lights too, so I should get some decent pics ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to go around needing the voice module? I'm not tech savvy but perhaps the super game module along with additional ram in the cartridge? Again, I'm no programmer nor do I know what may or may not be capable when programming games. But regardless I'm down for one of these games as well!!!

I am definitely down for one!

Now.... if the say game module could only be updated to improve the current issues....

i hope so but i dont think that will happen cause fred is ban from here and i think we will have to wait until opcode release his sgm 2 to get speech this game should be release way before it happen....

i dont think someone will ever try to build that kind unit cause opcode announce his sgm 2 with speech

Edited by chart45

Is there a way to go around needing the voice module? I'm not tech savvy but perhaps the super game module along with additional ram in the cartridge? Again, I'm no programmer nor do I know what may or may not be capable when programming games. But regardless I'm down for one of these games as well!!!

More than likely the game will be programmed to check for the existence of the Speech Game Module and if found, the speech samples will be played in the game. If the Speech Game Module is not found, than speech samples will not be played. It's really the only way to go for the programmer seeing as they would really limit the amount of sales if the Speech Game Module was required.

What about Opcode's SGM2 with added speech? Might as well include it knowing that in a few years or so from now, we will have a good quality speech supported SGM....

I believe Eduardo learned his lesson with the SGM, after juice's attempt at cloning it. I'll be surprised if he shares the schematics of the SGM2 with anyone, even the guys who are working on Berzerk and would perhaps like to use the SGM2 instead of the Speech Game Module to implement speech within the game.

• Like 2

What about Opcode's SGM2 with added speech? Might as well include it knowing that in a few years or so from now, we will have a good quality speech supported SGM....

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. LOL We wanna get a game done first.

Edited by Kamshaft
  • Like 2

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. LOL We wanna get a game done first.

Well, I can't argue with that... Berzerk is one of my top favorite games and the CV is one of my top favorite consoles..... so I can't wait for the release of this! :)

Edited by ArcadeJunkie

• 5 months later...

As promised, a monthly update on the progress with Bezerk for Colecovision.

Spent a bit of time on Bezerk for Colecovision, line intersection bug fixed, scrolling of room after leaving done and have progression to next room.
To do:
- Collision detection
- Animation sequences need adjusting
- Robot placement logic
- Shooting - player and robots
- Voice, sounds etc

Bezerk - Coleco - 2016-07-31.mp4

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

I finally have a nice relaxing weekend off at our holiday home after many months of work and family health issues.

So I decided to revisit a home brew development project for the Colecovision that I had not touched for a while, a port of the arcade game Berzerk.

The port is running well, the maze is the same as the arcade, including all of the 65k rooms in the same layout.

See a video of the game running here:

The changes since I last shared an update are:

- The player can now fire in all directions (some bugs to iron out)

- The player dies when touching a wall

- The player's fire will stop when hitting walls

Still to do:

- Player fire collision detection with robots

- Robot placement

- Robot movement

- Robot firing

- Scoring

- Title screen, including high score table

- Sound effects

- Speech - yes it will support speech

So far the ROM is coming in at 15k in size, so there is plenty of room in a 32k Rom cartridge for the arcade speech data and an appropriate sample player.

Another update soon.

• Like 9