IGNORED

Open fantasizing - What games you'd like to see made for the CV?

Tornadoboy

Yep I'm the new guy here, I usually haunt KLOV, but I'm starting to get interested in CV and the TI 99/4a again and thought this would make an interesting topic.

What games would you like to see someone make for the CV, including ones that are currently only vaporware?

I can think of a LOT of classic arcade games that would be perfect for the CV hardware, but I'll let everybody else chime in with their ideas first.

very doable & probably will be done would be

Phoenix

I always liked the simpler late 70's games to. perhaps

outlaw

asteroids - though would be huge but it would have to be vector based and not so easy to do.

crossbow - I think coleco would do a great version of crossbow too if we had a light gun. I know someone was experimenting with one but so few people have crt televisions anymore. Could be done with roller controller but sounds too frustrating.

I will do a horse racing game.

OK, I'll throw a few out there:

Vaporware:

Skiing - 1st person

Horse Racing

Dracula

Super Smurf

Arcade:

Taito's Alpine Ski and Qix

Eyes

Exidy's Teeter Torture, Hard Hat and Fire One.

Tazz-mania

Angler Dangler

Bomber Man

Jump Bug

Kangaroo

Solomon's Key

Non-arcade:

Microsurgeon - would probably need both joysticks, but it would be AWESOME!

Artic Fox - like Battlezone except has more to it

Caveman Ugh-lympics

Intellivision's Astro Smash and Night Stalker

Edited by Tornadoboy

Two of my favorite Taito arcade games:

Zoo Keeper

Crazy Climber.

I'd love to see someone do Crazy Climber so you can put the two controllers in the Roller Controller housing and use them to climb. And if that's possible, then there is always Robotron.... ;)

• Like 1

Zookeeper would be a good one! Although I bet it would need the SGM, it has a LOT of independent fast moving characters on the screen at the same time. Crazy Climber looks like something the CV wouldn't have trouble handling, control issues aside.

A few more (pardon the excess):

Blue Print

Loco-motion

Death Race

Amidar

Moon Cresta

Rampage

Xenophobe

Food Fight

Espial

Non-arcade:

Hardhat Mac

Slymoids from the TI 99/4a

Yar's Revenge - souped-up a little!

Ideas for "Super" CV games:

Squish'em Sam

Congo Bongo

Cabbage Patch Kids

Miner 2049er

Edited by Tornadoboy

I'd have to go with Zoo Keeper as well. It's criminal that it's never had an official home port and, as far as I can tell, Taito never released it in any emulation packs either (and no, MAME doesn't count). Whichever system gets Zoo Keeper first would have quite the feather in its cap.

• Like 1

For the record I'm not a programmer trolling for ideas (wish I could though) and don't have the money to buy tons of homebrews, I'm just a spectator who likes seeing new stuff made for classic systems, stuff that "should have been"

We've already seen lots of incredibly well made new games, ports and vaporware escapees, like Side Trak, Spectar and such, major kudos to those involved!

Edited by Tornadoboy

I'd have to go with Zoo Keeper as well. It's criminal that it's never had an official home port and, as far as I can tell, Taito never released it in any emulation packs either (and no, MAME doesn't count). Whichever system gets Zoo Keeper first would have quite the feather in its cap.

It's on Taito Legends for PS2 and Original Xbox

Not to get off topic, but does anybody know why Rip Cord, Side Trak and Spectar became vaporware? It never made sense to me as they seemed like ideal CV targets, I can't imagine Exidy wanting too much for them since the arcade release didn't seem to be very big (Rip Cord and Side Trak coin-ops are VERY rare), Coleco was able to get the rights to their biggest hits like Venture and Mouse Trap, and the CV hardware could definitely handle them. Also they were advertised from the very beginning of Colecovision, so it wasn't a case of the video game-crash taking them out.

Edited by Tornadoboy

Not to get off topic, but does anybody know why Rip Cord, Side Trak and Spectar became vaporware? It never made sense to me as they seemed like ideal CV targets, I can't imagine Exidy wanting too much for them since the arcade release didn't seem to be very big (Rip Cord and Side Trak coin-ops are VERY rare), Coleco was able to get the rights to their biggest hits like Venture and Mouse Trap, and the CV hardware could definitely handle them. Also they were advertised from the very beginning of Colecovision, so it wasn't a case of the video game-crash taking them out.

I have no insider information, but I would imagine that Coleco made their release choices based on their available team(s) of programmers, and based on the coming of the ADAM not very long after the initial release of the ColecoVision console.

Here's another interesting question: What on Earth made the shirts at Coleco believe that going full steam with "educational" software was a good idea? Dr Seuss, CPK Picture Show, Monkey Academy, Telly Turtle, Brain Strainers, all titles that were obviously duds aimed at young kids who surely prefered replaying Donkey Kong for the 500th time rather than playing those boring edutainment titles. Coleco controllers are too big for the hands of young kids anyway, so I must ask again: Why, Coleco? Why? It's like you decided to sabotage your own video game business just for the heck of it!

• Like 1

Demon Attack with the boss battle.

Atlantis with the saucer.

Kiwi makes a game with the Starmi character from Star Ocean. I like the animation.

digress makes Sword and the Sorcerer or a kick ass barbarian adventure game.

SGM version of Star Wars with better controls and graphics

With the voices too.

"Stay in attack formation."

Zoo Keeper is on Taito Legends compilation (for XBOX and PS2) .

From the list of game that has been proposed , To i would love to see on CV are :

Kangaroo and Pandora Palace.

I had started a primilary work on Pandora Palace. But i'm too bad at graphics ,i did not succeed to have visually what i wanted.

I have no insider information, but I would imagine that Coleco made their release choices based on their available team(s) of programmers, and based on the coming of the ADAM not very long after the initial release of the ColecoVision console.

Here's another interesting question: What on Earth made the shirts at Coleco believe that going full steam with "educational" software was a good idea? Dr Seuss, CPK Picture Show, Monkey Academy, Telly Turtle, Brain Strainers, all titles that were obviously duds aimed at young kids who surely prefered replaying Donkey Kong for the 500th time rather than playing those boring edutainment titles. Coleco controllers are too big for the hands of young kids anyway, so I must ask again: Why, Coleco? Why? It's like you decided to sabotage your own video game business just for the heck of it!

They needed something for Grandma to buy the grandkids.