IGNORED

Open fantasizing - What games you'd like to see made for the CV?

Tornadoboy

crossbow - I think coleco would do a great version of crossbow too if we had a light gun. I know someone was experimenting with one but so few people have crt televisions anymore. Could be done with roller controller but sounds too frustrating.

I have Crossbow on my MAME arcade machine and it plays AWESOME with the Trakball. I would love to see more games be made that can use the Roller Controller. Kickman or Crystal Castles comes to mind...

Someone mentioned Gradius 2... Now that would be awesome. I am a huge Gradius fan.

Gradius 2 is on my wishlist together with also simple game like:

Boot Hill and Space Chaser.

Would also like to see: Pachinko II and Sega Flipper.

What we need for ColecoVision is also a one armed bandit/slot machine.

post-9873-0-44092500-1452275036_thumb.jpg

:-D

• Like 1

Hi,

If I could pick one game to "port" over to the Colecovision, it would be Intellivision's "Night Stalker" - one of the best video games ever made - period!

O.k. I lied; here's two Atari entries: "Missile Command" and "Qix".

One more for the road: "Satan of Saturn". Yes, I figure most of you think I am off my rocker for this choice!

Edited by AtariKid81

I have Crossbow on my MAME arcade machine and it plays AWESOME with the Trakball. I would love to see more games be made that can use the Roller Controller. Kickman or Crystal Castles comes to mind...

I agree! Kickman would be awesome. I pumped many quarters into that machine back in the day.

I third Kickman! There's a TON of cool and obscure arcade games on the TI-99 just ripe for porting to CV. Check out this killer port of Scramble on the TI-99. I would've killed for this game back in the day!

The TI-99/4A is not a Z80 machine, so any game you pick on the TI would have to be recoded from scratch for the ColecoVision. The term "port" is therefore not so appropriate here.

The TI-99/4A is not a Z80 machine, so any game you pick on the TI would have to be recoded from scratch for the ColecoVision. The term "port" is therefore not so appropriate here.

I know. I was just showing it as more of a 'proof of concept' example of what a CV version could look & sound like since they both use the same graphics/sound chips. Also, I would think if you had the TI-99 source code, the fact the graphics/sound chips are the same would as least make a CV version somewhat easier to do instead of doing it all from scratch.

ARCADE:

Reactor

Mad Planets (No good port exists for any platform)

Zookeeper

Mappy

Xevious

Pole Position for the steering controller

NON-ARCADE

Any and all of the Imagic titles;

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Microsurgeon

Dracula

MULE

Archon

Ballblazer (yesss)

Star Raiders (I can dream, right?)

ColecoVision was supposed to have a LaserDisc player, right? I think it would be neat to see a game with a simple interface but a big back end that wouldn't seem possible on the Coleco. Something other than Dragon's Lair, of course. :-)

DISCLAIMER: this is just an idle fantasy, and I would hate for anyone to spend time on anything so foolish as this idea

• Like 1

ColecoVision was supposed to have a LaserDisc player, right? I think it would be neat to see a game with a simple interface but a big back end that wouldn't seem possible on the Coleco. Something other than Dragon's Lair, of course. :-)

DISCLAIMER: this is just an idle fantasy, and I would hate for anyone to spend time on anything so foolish as this idea

Sorry, what you did say? I was distracted by the cute girl dancing at the left of your post. :grin:

Interestingly, a drop-in SD card replacement for the laser disc players in Dragon's Lair and similar arcade machines has recently been released. From what I vaguely remember, the ColecoVision should have the in-built capability to overlay its graphics over video, so some type of Palcom MSX-esque laserdisc style experience might be possible. I agree, though, that it's extraordinarily unlikely that someone with the skill to make this happen would make this happen.

• Like 2

Would be cool to see some more 80's computer games on the CV like those Epyx games. Some of these would be impossible to port though.

- Aliens

- Castle Wolfenstein

- Karateka

- Space Taxi

- Temple of Apshai

- Conan

- Bruce Lee

- Dino Eggs
- Ghostbusters
- GI Joe
- Beach Head

- Raid Over Moscow

- Realm of Impossibility

- Skate or Die

- Sword of Fargoal

- Super Zaxxon

Some more obscure games like Pogo Joe and Forbidden Forest would be cool too.

I wonder if Ultima I or II can be done on a CV? :P