IGNORED

Fairchild Channel F repair question

Ashevent

I picked up a 1st gen Fairchild channel F that turned out to have a couple of missing IC's and I can't find any pictures of boards like mine so I can see what I need to purchase for replacements. Someone on another forum took a picture of his board and it was totally different. (and yes, it was a 1st gen as well).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a huge sentimental desire to get this working since it's the first video game system I ever had and my departed sister and I would play it for hours and hours as children.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

post-44720-0-00707200-1452341168_thumb.jpg

Hello,
I have a 1st gen Fairchild Channel F as well. My board looks the same as yours with the 2 missing IC's. The board says Copyright 12/6/76 / 04-9002-00 / Rev G. It's fully functional and works great, not sure what the intent was for those 2 slots. (Mine needed some repair to get working -- one of the diode bridge rectifiers failed, but once I replaced it with a new one it was back in business).
Hope this helps.

Fairchild Channel F mainboard

• Like 2

Hello,
I have a 1st gen Fairchild Channel F as well. My board looks the same as yours with the 2 missing IC's. The board says Copyright 12/6/76 / 04-9002-00 / Rev G. It's fully functional and works great, not sure what the intent was for those 2 slots. (Mine needed some repair to get working -- one of the diode bridge rectifiers failed, but once I replaced it with a new one it was back in business).
Hope this helps.

Thanks! Well looks like it's time to use my multi-meter and logic pro and try to find the problem. Funny the board colors are different..I'll check mine to see the revision and copyright date for a comparison. Wondering how many boards there are for only 2 years in production for the model 1's? Interesting.

Yeah that is interesting about the board colors, I wonder why. If you need schematics the VES wiki has a lot of great info if you haven't come across it yet -- http://channelf.se/veswiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I'm a 70's kid and had a 2600 for my first console, but I had never heard of the Channel F until a couple of years ago. It's been fun to discover it for the first time and learn about it. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Finally, I found someone with the same board as mine.

Copyright 12/6/76

04-9002-00

Rev G

Mine doesn't even have the risers for the chips in those spots from your pictures above.

I don't have a power supply and was wondering if you could tell me the voltages for the White - Blue - Red - Yellow wires in J1? All the schematics I found are for power input with 3 wires for blue - red - yellow.

• 7 months later...