IGNORED

"160 Games" Taiwan Multicart

Hey, AtariAge.

I'm a new user who has always had a small collection of 2600 games, usually very common NTSC ones I just enjoyed playing. Recently I've gotten into more serious collecting and have a few Quelle games and this oddity. I purchased it from Spain for about 50 euros. It came cartridge-only, without a box or game list.

What I find most interesting is that I cannot find an entry for it on Atarimania. I have seen a few 160 multicarts online but with different labels and no dip-switch on the front.

Now, let's get to the physical description. It has one single dip-switch on the front, which can be switched 3 ways. I don't know if there's 3 ROMs in the cart, or what the significance of the switch is. I would open up the cart and find out but the label's in good condition and I'd hate to ruin it. What I find interesting is that the label dips down a bit in 5 little sections which means that the same shell was probably used for 32-in-1 carts with actual dip-switches. Also, it takes a little wiggling to get into my Atari. It might just be the console, or the circuitboard.

To select the game, you select a mode with the dipswitch and turn the Atari on and off until you find a game you like. What's annoying is that since I don't have a list it's like blindly grabbing a 2600 game from a box of them. So far I've seen Spiderman, Alien's Return, and some interesting European games I haven't seen before.

I've attached scans for future reference and to aid Rom Hunter in his quest for HQ scans, and also a size comparison with a standard NTSC Tennis cart.

For anyone with experience with PAL carts: is it standard for the front label to be pointing towards the end-label, instead of the cartridge slot like NTSC games? The two Quelle games I own and this multicart have their labels like this. Also, how much would this be valued at?

Also, if someone can aid me on how to dump the ROM I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,

BizarreBootlegs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKZ_Gwx3k3OAJ7tMNR05dQQ

post-44981-0-19115200-1452390046_thumb.png

post-44981-0-09609200-1452390047_thumb.png

post-44981-0-85754000-1452390047_thumb.png

post-44981-0-29318800-1452390051_thumb.png

post-44981-0-64210200-1452390056_thumb.png

Edited by BizarreBootlegs

I've sit down and played it for about 30 minutes. It's nearly impossible to find the same game twice which is making it very hard to review; also, one single ROM repeats itself many times in all 3 dip-switches. I'd imagine there are actually 160 games there, but very poorly organized and not easily found. Another ridiculous thing is when the dip-switch is at the far-right position, you will eventually find a ROM of the menu screen used in the 208-in-1 Super 2600 multicart, and when you select a game it restarts, it literally does nothing. Also, when hooked to the color TV I can't adjust the V-Hold in, it actually shows more unique games than the B&W portable TV I use so I can adjust the V-hold. Don't know if that's coincidence or some magic stuff.

I am editing the review for my YouTube channel, however the gameplay footage is over 40 minutes long and is about 5 gigs large. It will take a little while to render.

It's nearly impossible to find the same game twice which is making it very hard to review; also, one single ROM repeats itself many times in all 3 dip-switches. I'd imagine there are actually 160 games there, but very poorly organized and not easily found.

Perhaps this list helps:

post-6203-0-19255700-1452445167_thumb.jpg

BTW: the original version of UFI und Sein Gefährlicher Einsatz is definitely Go Go Home from Dimax, not Alien's Return.

8)

Another ridiculous thing is when the dip-switch is at the far-right position, you will eventually find a ROM of the menu screen used in the 208-in-1 Super 2600 multicart, and when you select a game it restarts, it literally does nothing.

There are a few different versions of the menu rom. Does yours play the same music as 208 multicart?

Perhaps this list helps:

attachicon.gifTaiwan009.jpg

BTW: the original version of UFI und Sein Gefährlicher Einsatz is definitely Go Go Home from Dimax, not Alien's Return.

8)

Thanks, Rom Hunter.

I also found out an odd hack of River Raid published by "Galaga" on there in which the bridge was just a bunch of gray blocks. It played normally, though.

There are a few different versions of the menu rom. Does yours play the same music as 208 multicart?

It took a little bit of resetting to get to it, but yeah, the tune matches with your 208 multicart.

Here, I put it in a video:

https://youtu.be/TPGIBrHMNcU

Perhaps this list helps:

attachicon.gifTaiwan009.jpg

8)

By the way, I am making a three-part series of reviewing every game on there, they're short reviews, maybe 30 seconds. So far it took about an hour to play all the games in the first dipswitch, which included some interesting hacks, maybe 1 or 2 bad ROMs and such. It's gonna take an insane time to render though.

Also, I will try to get a game list to you, but I'm gonna need some help since I've got rather limited experience with European/hacked games.

Edited by BizarreBootlegs

Yours is a different version. I believe it matches the one the Spirantho had (the dots instead of numbers). I have a photo on one of my computers somewhere that he took. It hasn't ever been dumped. The other version I recall is the menu screen from Sku_u on the console the unknown DataAge? Game was found on.

Yours is a different version. I believe it matches the one the Spirantho had (the dots instead of numbers). I have a photo on one of my computers somewhere that he took. It hasn't ever been dumped. The other version I recall is the menu screen from Sku_u on the console the unknown DataAge? Game was found on.

Ah, okay. Sounded similar.

Now I really need to find out how to dump it :)

The seller who sold me this is also selling a bunch of other cartridges, including Fantastic Game and more VCase bootlegs. A total cost of the ones I want to buy is 125 euros, or $136.49. Would immediately buy them but don't have the money right now :P The seller ships pretty quickly and cheaply (15 euros) considering it's from Spain, the one I have came in like 1 and a half weeks.

1. A Fantastic Game cart with 6 dip-switches (possibly 64 games?)

2. A "128 in One" V-Case

3. and what appears to be two copies of "128 in 1 Game" V Case

Hi BizarreBootlegs,

many thanks for the better scan from the 160in1 cart.

http://www.atariboxed.com/index.php?go=detail&modul_refnumber=2161

i hope you have found the "fantastic game" title and the other "vcase bootlegs" in our database?

We currently have many Fantastic Game titles in the database, therefore it is difficult to say anything about it.

Not all carts with "Fantastic Game" labels were sold within a "Fantastic Game Box".

you can find them also in Italy in Marpes Boxes and Taiwan Boxes.

If you need some help to identify the other carts, do not hesitate to ask.

;)

Edited by Schitti