IGNORED

Finishing (sib) Red Label collection

j0griffis

Greetings all,

I've been working on a sealed collection of 2600 Red Label (NTSC) games and I might need a little help finding the last two that I'm missing.

Does anyone know where I can find a sealed copy of Donkey Kong (not junior) and/or Yars Revenge? I've been keeping an eye on ebay and Craigslist, but I thought some of you may have other ideas.

Thanks!

Joshua

I can't help you, but any chance you could put a picture up?

I have a complete PAL collection, but in various states of sealed/cib/cartridge myself.

Hey Moonsweeper -- thanks for the response. I am going to start collecting the PAL carts soon!

Here are a few pics of my Red Label collection (and a sealed Atari Jr that looks great with the red boxes)!

20160110 170935

20160110 170948

20160110 171030

20160110 171103

20160110 171145

20160110 171202

Atari 2600 Jr

• Like 2

There are se

Is there a significant value difference for SIB vs mint CIB for Atari? Wouldn't it be easy to shrink wrap a CIB box with non-factory plastic? How could one tell?

there are several ways,

A couple are

Types of shrinkwrap

Blemishes on box(under the shrink)

Was the item ever shrink wrapped to begin(not all 2600 were)

There are sethere are several ways,

A couple are

Types of shrinkwrap

Blemishes on box(under the shrink)

Was the item ever shrink wrapped to begin(not all 2600 were)

Is there a significant value difference for SIB vs mint CIB for Atari? Wouldn't it be easy to shrink wrap a CIB box with non-factory plastic? How could one tell?

Interesting ...

I think I might have a hard time dealing with my collection if I knew it wasn't legit. I guess if the collection was only for my enjoyment, and nothing else, something like that might be acceptable. I'm going to keep looking for the real deal for a long time before I even consider doing this or settling for CIB.

In the meantime, I'm definitely going to pay careful attention to the carts I do buy just in case someone else had this idea ;)

Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...