IGNORED

Half-life on Dreamcast poster

DarkSiege519

I just made my account so bare with me, on some advice from friends who are members of this site I joined to ask this; Are there any collectors of dreamcast stuff that would know the value of a Half-life for dreamcast promotional poster?

As far as I can tell from google searching there isn't much in the way of advertising for this game available since it was never released. I have had this poster stored away for a long time, back when I used to help run a local lan-party. This was given to us by valve (sierra at the time) to use as either a prize or just gaming content to put up at the event. Its 30" wide and about 6-7' tall.

post-44980-0-31065300-1452444124_thumb.jpgpost-44980-0-03390200-1452444131_thumb.jpg

The second photo shows the only rip the poster has, also there are pin holes on the top and bottom from it being hung at the lan-party.

Id love to hear anything from the community on this, I'm not sure if i'm going to sell it as of yet but there is always that possibility.

Edited by DarkSiege519

I would think joining one of the many Dreamcast forums to ask them would make a lot more sense. AtariAge has a lot to offer but does not cater directly to the DC audience like a DC forum would and does.

Or post this in Classic Gaming General. A lot more people here will see it, and there are bound to be some Dreamcast aficionados who can help. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty cool :) too bad the game never came to Dreamcast :( I loved it on PC and its many mods. Would have been cool on DC.

Even though it could have been optimized further, I was still fairly impressed by what how well Half-Life played on the Dreamcast. I'm actually surprised they didn't release it as-is and do a limited edition run. It couldn't have been that expensive to run off a certain amount of GD-ROMs, and they could have certainly made their money back (at least on the run). Of course, I suppose if it was never officially released, it probably counted as a write-off/down, which was likely more favorable than any money that would have been made from a limited run.

• Like 1