IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Season 3 Round 7 Meteorites

zylon

We enter our final round of season 3 with Meteorites. This one can be hard to find, but is an excellent pick-up if you do. Play on default settings using only real 5200 systems and controllers. Multi-carts are the only exception allowed as you are still using the real hardware.

Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends Sunday, January 17th 2016 @9pm EST

Current HSC record- Bust it for a bonus point!

Meteorites -
sdamon 20,450
Final scores:
8,360 darthkur +11
7,240 atariron82 +10
5,370 roadrunner +9
4,700 RangerG +8
Standings:
darthkur - 52
roadrunner - 46
RangerG - 46
AusMatari - 33
peedenmark7 - 22
zylon - 19
atari-dna - 11
atariron82 - 10

Meteorites.bin

Edited by zylon

The round and season ends with darthkur taking both the win and crown with some cx52 mastery. :thumbsup: :cool: :party: 2nd and 3rd were very tight matched as well this season. Thanks to all who played and allow me to keep this little niche HSC running. My only regret is not getting to play more in it.

Regular season 9 will return after the Super bowl and we all get a fresh start once more. Hopefully the Season 8 champ will fulfill his duty and submit a list of 5 games to start our first poll with before then. If not, I can handle it. I'll still be on emulation, but able to play more as I am settled in here for now.

Final scores:
8,360 darthkur +11
7,240 atariron82 +10
5,370 roadrunner +9
4,700 RangerG +8
Final Standings:
darthkur - 63
roadrunner - 55
RangerG - 54
AusMatari - 33
peedenmark7 - 22
atariron82 - 20
zylon - 19
atari-dna - 11
  • Like 2

I enjoyed it. I wish some of the other HSCs had similar contests. It would work for all of them (Inty, 2600, Colecovision, etc.)

I find emulation to be more difficult for me to play, but use of original equipment is the ultimate equalizer. A lot of what made systems different from another was the controls. All of them had their strong and weak points. I started this mini-HSC because our system in particular had a lot of character. Emulating it removes most of it and makes it little different from an Atari computer. Playing it as designed gives new life to the games for those new to it. Besides, there's no point in having it than to play it.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats darthkur ;) :thumbsup: :party:

If i didn't miss the HERO round this woulda been very close.

Thanks, RR. You did really well.

I find emulation to be more difficult for me to play, but use of original equipment is the ultimate equalizer. A lot of what made systems different from another was the controls. All of them had their strong and weak points. I started this mini-HSC because our system in particular had a lot of character. Emulating it removes most of it and makes it little different from an Atari computer. Playing it as designed gives new life to the games for those new to it. Besides, there's no point in having it than to play it.

I agree 100%. Playing through emulation takes a lot of the fun out of it. It's not just the games it's the entire experience as a whole.

• Like 1

Thanks, RR. You did really well.

I agree 100%. Playing through emulation takes a lot of the fun out of it. It's not just the games it's the entire experience as a whole.

It's just like the old Lp's vs CD's debate long ago. No matter how close you get it is still not the real thing.