IGNORED

Virtual Jaguar for Mac: need for QT 4 Help help!

Felyx

Well, if you think about it, it makes sense that relative paths would blow up considering that the VJ executable is living down inside of an app bundle. I would bet you a nickel that if you made the relative path start with ../../../ (going up three levels, since it starts in virtualjaguar.app/Contents/MacOS/) it would see the software folder. Just a hunch. :)

thanks for finding this solution: I confirm that by entering manually the cartridge path, it works fine: after quitting VJ and run it again, the cartridges are still in the selection menu. Hourra that's it :D

To summarize, to make VJ working under Mac OS X.10 and above you need:

1) Download Virtual Jaguar 2.10 for Mac from here: http://icculus.org/virtualjaguar/tarballs/

3RSH.jpg

2) Download QT 4.8.5 from here: https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/4.8/4.8.5/

p8ZU.jpg

3) Run VJ and go in Preferences to enter manually the path where your folder "software" is:

19w4.jpg

That's it: now everytime you run VJ it should work and with a populated cartridge selection menu :)

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Now we found solutions to continue to use Virtual Jaguar on our Macs, I discovered today that Open Emu plans to add VJ to the list of the emulators it handles.

it is here: https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu/wiki/Console---Core-Plugin-Status-&-Wishlist

At this point it is not done and we don't know when a new release will inculde it but it is good to know that this is on the pipe.

I downloaded Open Emu and despite I did not found any requirement on their website, it won't launch below OS X.11 which is good for the future but limitative for old Macs.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

To summarize, to make VJ working under Mac OS X.10 and above you need:

Thank you so much for that! For an Emulator-virgin like myself that was of immense help!

I just loaded it up before and played Downfall for the first time. LOVED IT! Only problem no sound on the emulator on my MacBook Pro - will need to load it up on my Skunkboard methinks ;)

Also, BIG Thank You to all who were involved with bringing this to the rest of us, especially us gamingly underfed MACians! :)

• Like 1

If any Mac users want the binary/package of the latest build, just let me know. I'm also happy to compile any official release versions as well.

Thank you very much! :) :thumbsup: I would love to! The only thing is, i have no idea what the hell you are talking about!? :evil: Total N00b here when it comes to any sort of emulation and even moreso emulation-speak. I think i just want whatever version for the Mac will play the prettiest and bestest form of Superfly DX ;) Jag area is still in the works but now i discovered a great 'One more go!' addiction that i must squeeze in whenever i can! Thanks again for the kind offer :)

• 9 months later...