IGNORED

Opcode prototypes up for grabs. Only 5 copies

opcode

Since we had to refund most of the pre-orders, we need some cash to finish producing our upcoming games.

I have decided to sell 4 games I ported long ago but never released. Konami Tennis, Hyper Rally, Sparkie and Crazy Train (a port of Loco-Motion arcade game). I will be doing only 5 copies each. Please contact me if you are interested in getting a copy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Look what came in today! Thank you Eduardo & Grazi for everything you guys do!

Back in January I traded messages with Ed about buying these protos, and he said he'd hold them for me and contact me once he was back from Brazil. When I didn't hear back in February I PM'd him again to check, but never got a response. Same thing with my last PM back in March...no reply. I just assumed he hadn't gotten around to making these yet, but now that I see you got yours I'm wondering what's up?

Did other people who bought these already get theirs as well?

Just want to know what the situation is.

Please make another batch of these games.

Its pretty obvious there's a demand. :P :thumbsup:

the whole point of it was for him to get money for him to produce more sgms and games.

If he makes more nobody will ever buy them for big bucks again. Hence, you are asking for something that is not going to happen.

Back in January I traded messages with Ed about buying these protos, and he said he'd hold them for me and contact me once he was back from Brazil. When I didn't hear back in February I PM'd him again to check, but never got a response. Same thing with my last PM back in March...no reply. I just assumed he hadn't gotten around to making these yet, but now that I see you got yours I'm wondering what's up?

Did other people who bought these already get theirs as well?

Just want to know what the situation is.

yep got mine. I have a very RARE sparkie because he forgot to sign that one. :)

It is possible if you only wanted 1 or 2 that someone who wanted all of them made it easier for him than trying to sell piecemeal.

the whole point of it was for him to get money for him to produce more sgms and games.

If he makes more nobody will ever buy them for big bucks again. Hence, you are asking for something that is not going to happen.

Big bucks? So using extortion is a way to sell your games? I don't buy that. No pun intended. If he's not making any more of these games mentioned in this thread its because he probably has other projects in the works and there's only so much time to do so many projects.

Big bucks? So using extortion is a way to sell your games? I don't buy that. No pun intended. If he's not making any more of these games mentioned in this thread its because he probably has other projects in the works and there's only so much time to do so many projects.

Nope, ColecoDan is right. By not making any more copies, Eduardo is looking to preserve the value of these limited-edition prototypes. It's a question of respect towards those who spent a lot of money on these prototype carts.

Nope, ColecoDan is right. By not making any more copies, Eduardo is looking to preserve the value of these limited-edition prototypes. It's a question of respect towards those who spent a lot of money on these prototype carts.

Well its not something I agree with but it is what it is I guess.

Thanks to you and ColecoDan for enlightening me on this. :thumbsup:

Well, this was something we were forced to do due to cash flow. Truth is, I don't like doing protos either. That is why in the future if we need to do that again, we will offer the games through Opcode Club, but at a much larger run.

• Like 6

I'm sorry if my tone came off like I was attacking you. Believe me thats not what i wanna do. I just hate the circumstances behind it,its frustrating but yeah i see your point clearly now. When youre juggling cash flow and limited time for projects it becomes much easier to understand.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol