IGNORED

Xenon II - Megablast! (Bitmap Brothers) - Jaguar Port

CyranoJ

I played with my daughter for about an hour... pretty awesome. I never played it back in the day, but really enjoy it now. My wife said the music was "crazy"... which means that the music is awesome... (like Defender 2000 or Impulse-X music). Pretty cool... but I'm not very good at it, I keep dying.

Does this port compensate for the 50/60Hz difference between PAL and NTSC?

[i am somewhat sure the original targeted PAL]

The Megadrive version for example is too hard when played on an NTSC machine (it's a PAL only game), once back into 50Hz it gets a little more fair.

I like this review:

http://www.honestgamers.com/9234/genesis/xenon-2-megablast/review.html

I gather the Megadrive version was not as good as the Amiga version, not sure the ST version (that is the base for this Jaguar port) was on par with the Amiga version or maybe better or worse, but the punishing nature of the game is indeed likely the same.

Does this port compensate for the 50/60Hz difference between PAL and NTSC?

[i am somewhat sure the original targeted PAL]

The Megadrive version for example is too hard when played on an NTSC machine (it's a PAL only game), once back into 50Hz it gets a little more fair.

I like this review:

http://www.honestgamers.com/9234/genesis/xenon-2-megablast/review.html

I gather the Megadrive version was not as good as the Amiga version, not sure the ST version (that is the base for this Jaguar port) was on par with the Amiga version or maybe better or worse, but the punishing nature of the game is indeed likely the same.

Also, the Megadrive version ran at an abysmal framerate (like 25fps or something).

How does the Jag one run? Does it run something closer to 60fps?

Wait, where's the erroneous box in that listing? Or has he got that on another listing?

Probably put that up in a separate auction. Its up to £91 now, so i'm guessing there is no way to stop people paying through the nose for something they can get much cheaper :(

• Like 1

Well, I finally got the game and i am NOT disappointed! Thank you to all involved in bringing this to fruition :)

I got the package last Thursday but did not open it until both ausretrogamer and iceman were at my place on Saturday for our day (and night) of Jaguar gaming. It was torture starring at the box for two days but somehow i held it together to open it up all-together and share in the excitement :)

A few pics from the day:

Megablast with Xenon II

And as for the new soundtrack: we absolutely love it!!! :cool:

• 8 months later...

Also want to give a big :thumbsup: for including spare boxes in the shipment. Now I'll worry less about putting wear and tear on the box and enjoy game-playing more. :)

I think the extra boxes said 64 8it rather than 64 bit IIRC. Maybe a typo during printing?? Either way I liked getting them too!!

Indeed, little baby boxes that didn't get enough love and stunted in their growth. They are adorable though.

The last thing I would call those little boxes was adorable. The company that did them royally screwed everything to do with them up. The signed off proofs were nothing like what came back. Long sorry story, but I thought they were useful only as packing material, I thought people would just chuck them once they realised they're basically useless!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Also want to give a big :thumbsup: for including spare boxes in the shipment. Now I'll worry less about putting wear and tear on the box and enjoy game-playing more. :)

What, you got a spare box with yours? I didnt. And my box isnt even put together too well. The side glued together is off a little bit so my flap wont be held down on that side...

• 5 months later...