IGNORED

Xenon II - Megablast! (Bitmap Brothers) - Jaguar Port

CyranoJ

Just curious, why are you fluxing the boards. I've make a lot using just flux core solder with no problem with a fine chisel tip about 1/3 the diameter of the stock hakko fx988d tip.

Not saying you should do that. Just curious why you are applying flux.

this is mostly from the flux core of the 1mm solder i was using, the lowest pins on the board are very close to the cartridge connector so if / when it spits there's a good chance it goes on the cartridge connector

some chips had dirty pins and needed some additional attention to solder in, on these problematic chips extra flux was used, generally though this was not necessary

Do we have a price that can be announced?

[i presume the gaz that will handle the sale is you, here, if not please apologies]

Care to share what was the issue you faced a couple of weeks ago with the EPROM speed? Just as a way to share a lesson learnt if any.

not sure i took those boards out and made new, testing every chip set in a socketed board before soldering in to the final board

i will work on these bad boards later to decide on the problem

there is however like 12 of them which is rather annoying as that was a complete batch (waste of a saturday) :(

• Like 1

All boards have been tested and work although some users may get some red screen issues due to flux splashes on the cart connector, not much i can do about that apart from brasso each board which im not going to do. As i say each board has been tested to get to the title screen. These boards use a legit cart header so if it boots it wont crash later on.

i have decided to clarify this so there is no doubt in peoples mind.

during soldering on some boards some flux splashed onto the cartridge connector, flux is not electrically conductive and the flux in the core of the solder i was using sets quite hard

as a result it can insulate the cartridge connector socket and pins which results in a red screen where the connection is not good between the cartridge and socket

during testing on these problematic cartridges were plugged into the jag several times to basically scrape the flux from the cartridge connector which it worked (so the game has been tested as i say) however your jaguar may not be aligned to the same as my cartridge socket pins so when you plug it in you may get a red screen.

if this happens, you should be able to plug in the cartridge several times for your cartridge pins to scrape through the flux and make good contact and boot, please try this first if you have a red screen issue before reporting it to us as there may not be anything wrong.

gaztee will be testing them again when the cartridge is made also so two verifications per board will be done our end

hope that this clears up anyone's doubts.

• Like 8

There are special sprays to remove flux (like this), but you can also use isopropyl alcohol, or even ethanol, in a pinch. It's easier and cleaner than scraping flux from pads :)

S you su

If you used no clean flux you hold be fine without cleaning it at all. If you used a different kind of flux you most likely should clean off the residue.

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

There's another shmup coming as well. But that isn't for me to announce :)

Sweet! I am starting to think that I should wait on releasing Flappy McFur. Nobody is going to have money to spend on it :P It definitely takes a back seat to everything that is going to be released when it comes to depth.

McFur can wait another year right? (Now going on 3 years in development, and yes, I am quite embarrassed by how long this is taking me to do a Flappy Bird inspired clone... :_( )

• Like 3

Sweet! I am starting to think that I should wait on releasing Flappy McFur. Nobody is going to have money to spend on it :P It definitely takes a back seat to everything that is going to be released when it comes to depth.

McFur can wait another year right? (Now going on 3 years in development, and yes, I am quite embarrassed by how long this is taking me to do a Flappy Bird inspired clone... :_( )

If it's ready, put it. If you build it, we will buy. Don't worry, we have $.

• Like 1

It plays fine to me, release that sucker!! It should be on a CD though, just my thought.