IGNORED

Blowsub

playsoft

Has anyone contacted AtariMax about suggesting a firmware revision to the SD Cart so that the Trak-Ball can drive the menu?

Playsoft, if you want to add Trak-Ball support to any other 5200 games, it's been suggested elsewhere that Parker Bros' Star Wars the Arcade Game and Megamania would be great candidates. Trak-Ball support and inversion were recently hacked into the 2600 version of Star Wars the Arcade Game. Personally, I'd say paddles would work best with Megamania [and 2600 Spider Fighter while I'm mentioning it] but I'm not going to argue with any suggestion for adding Trak-Ball support to more games. Definitely jump into the 2600 Trak-Ball threads so more people will be aware of your work since you are the Trak-Ball coding king on the 5200 whereas Thomas and OmegaMatrix are focusing on the 2600 and Kenfused's code for 7800 Centipede-TB is being incorporated into other 7800 home-brews and hacks. :)

Glad your dad liked it!

It is based on the old Depthcharge arcade game and I never thought about it in relation to Kaboom but this is the second time someone has mentioned it. It does have similarities, but with you doing the bombing.

A few other 2600 games as well. He enjoys tanks,ships,subs games!

Has anyone contacted AtariMax about suggesting a firmware revision to the SD Cart so that the Trak-Ball can drive the menu?

Playsoft, if you want to add Trak-Ball support to any other 5200 games, it's been suggested elsewhere that Parker Bros' Star Wars the Arcade Game and Megamania would be great candidates. Trak-Ball support and inversion were recently hacked into the 2600 version of Star Wars the Arcade Game. Personally, I'd say paddles would work best with Megamania [and 2600 Spider Fighter while I'm mentioning it] but I'm not going to argue with any suggestion for adding Trak-Ball support to more games. Definitely jump into the 2600 Trak-Ball threads so more people will be aware of your work since you are the Trak-Ball coding king on the 5200 whereas Thomas and OmegaMatrix are focusing on the 2600 and Kenfused's code for 7800 Centipede-TB is being incorporated into other 7800 home-brews and hacks. :)

You can use the keypad of the trackball to move the the menu.

Allan

• Like 1

• 6 months later...