IGNORED

NEW GAMES for OLD Consoles - SNES / NES / Genesis / GBA

Piko Interactive is a game development and publishing company that concentrates in the development of new games for old consoles. They sent me a box of new NES, Super Nintendo, Genesis and GBA to play. This is a mix of reproduction cartridges, home-brews, unreleased & unfinished games. Here they are:

Water Margin (Genesis)
Mr. Bloppy (SNES)
Anguna Warriors of Virtue (GBA)
World Reborn (GBA)
Duke Nukem 3D (Genesis)
Corn Buster (SNES)
Super 3D Noah's Ark (SNES)
Dorke & Ymp (SNES)
Apocalypse II (SNES)
Quest Forge by Order of Kings (NES)
Broken Circle (GBA)

* This video was NOT sponsored...just a normal video review :)

• Like 5

Piko Interactive is a game development and publishing company that concentrates in the development of new games for old consoles. They sent me a box of new NES, Super Nintendo, Genesis and GBA to play. This is a mix of reproduction cartridges, home-brews, unreleased & unfinished games. Here the

* This video was NOT sponsored...just a normal video review :)

Nicely done kind sir! :)

I've seen Piko Interactive before and they do good work!

Will you be considering doing a Neo-Geo version or anything regarding its units/games in the immediate future?

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

That looked pretty cool! Great work, MJ. One thing I thought was interesting, was that Apocalypse II kinda reminded me of Mad Planets, in a way, particularly near the end of the footage, since you're shooting at planets that slowly grow. But that looks epic.

I really need to have help with the game...cuz I couldn't get 60 seconds of continuous footage without me DYING all the time! Obviously... I am doing it wrong ;)

That Apocalypse II game looks like it is a console release based on the incredible arcade game Mad Planets. Mad Planets has been one of those elusive games that has never been known to have a home version.

The arcade game used the Tron arcade style controller of a flight stick with trigger and an arcade spinner to rotate your ship. The game is beyond amazing and so much fun to play. It looks like the Apocalypse II developer liked the game and made one in the spirit of it. It didn't look like you can rotate so I can imagine this one might be a missed opportunity.

• 2 months later...

While it's admirable that PIKO goes through the proper channels to obtain licenses and such, unfortunately they're left with slim pickings. Most of those offerings looked pretty drab, and a game really has to knock my socks off before I buy a CIB like those.

As for PS1, there have been some homebrew done, but nothing finished. TurboGrafx has seen many NES titles ported to rom, and there are reproductions of CD games we never got here.

While it's admirable that PIKO goes through the proper channels to obtain licenses and such, unfortunately they're left with slim pickings. Most of those offerings looked pretty drab, and a game really has to knock my socks off before I buy a CIB like those.

As for PS1, there have been some homebrew done, but nothing finished. TurboGrafx has seen many NES titles ported to rom, and there are reproductions of CD games we never got here.

There's also a lot of physically published TG-16 homebrew. So far there is:

Implode

Meteor Blaster DX

Insanity

Mysterious Song

Pyramid Plunder

Revival Chase

Hypernova Blast

Atlantean

Well under way:

Lucretia

Sidney Hunter

Saber Rider

Jungle Bros

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the reviews. I've been checking out the SNES games for a while. I was hoping that Hind Strike was going to be in there. There's not much of a video for that one.

I was hoping to see something on that too; It seems to have faded into obscurity? Hind Strike came out about a year ago now & I don't think I've ever seen a single review on it (video or otherwise) with is strange.

• 1 month later...