IGNORED

Sources for Apple II parts and games.

simbalion

• 2 weeks later...

I dont trust recap kits here's why (no disrespect to the above link this is just experience in general)

• you assume the guy that assembled the kit has the exact same unit you do with the exact same values you do
  • that guy also doesnt give a single FK about physical size which may or may not play a factor when your trying to shove a fat cap in a slim slot, or lead spacing is different and you have to half ass it
  • you know the guy selling the kit just got the cheapest crappiest ebay fell on the floor sell 100 for 99 cents free shipping garbage instead of something with like 10,000 hours at 85-125C documented name brands (like panasonic, chemecon, rubycon)
  • typically they cost 4x as much
Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

I dont trust recap kits here's why (no disrespect to the above link this is just experience in general)

• you assume the guy that assembled the kit has the exact same unit you do with the exact same values you do
  • that guy also doesnt give a single FK about physical size which may or may not play a factor when your trying to shove a fat cap in a slim slot, or lead spacing is different and you have to half ass it
  • you know the guy selling the kit just got the cheapest crappiest ebay fell on the floor sell 100 for 99 cents free shipping garbage instead of something with like 10,000 hours at 85-125C documented name brands (like panasonic, chemecon, rubycon)
  • typically they cost 4x as much

John does regular repairs on Apple ][, as a Business and has at least 6 different Kits for the Different types of Apple ][ Power Supplies..

I have not ordered any kits from John, but reports from those who have have all been positive...

I would have to look, but I believe he ordered them from Mouser or Digi-Key...

If you wanted to Source the parts yourself, I am pretty sure that John would tell you which components you need for your given Power Supply...

MarkO